Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:28 pm 

Glad I could make it out to the Christmas Match as I have been kept busy one way or another lately. A good blanket of snow adds a "Canadian" element to FT that reminds me of Winter Camping, (Canuck-le Heads) - Now I can say "Been there, Done That" on both counts.
It was a great day out, bright & clear & not much wind; I managed to score about average for my QB- about the same as all season, so was happy with the result as per temperature & HPA.
Nice to see everybody that made it out, here is a link to the few pics I got of the day,
Cheers Y'all.

http://photobucket.com/KEGs-airgun-pics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm 

Great pics, and the video is fun too, I've totally wimped out of shooting over Christmas... been too cold ;)

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:48 pm 

Better late than never is right! Man it looks colder than I remember.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:57 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Nice pics I'mPOWDERKEG... Thanks for sharing those....

Better late then never for sure.... Hope you don't mind sharing this thread PK..
For anyone interested in viewing the pictures I took at the Fun Match, they can be viewed from this Album...
Use the Password: CAFTC

Click on the Image to view album...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 pm 

The poor LAB RAT does not have a chance . :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:22 pm 

Hey, Under 500- The lab rat made for an interesting target, It looked like everybody shot for the same Quarter of the Kill-Zone due to the thick steel-wire CROSSHAIR right in FRONT of it. The upper Left, Larger Quarter as I recall- It certainly put some Fun in the Fun-Match, not as easy as say, ... "shooting fish in a barrel" :)

Hey, Parker- No sweat sharing Buddy, That's what it's all about as You well know, - So- One Time Only; (For the Record) I, POWDERKEG do hereby extend My Heart-felt Thank-You to YOU, Sir, for dragging me (Not Unwillingly) back into a sport AND hobby, that has ALWAYS provided SO MUCH Fun and Friendly Competition over the years, I didn't know what I was missing - Till we shot Canada's FIRST HFT Shoot Together !!!........ AMEN.

:partyman:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14 pm 
Admin-2-IC

I'mPOWDERKEG wrote:
the Fun-Match, not as easy as say, ... "shooting fish in a barrel" :)

:partyman:

Especially the two targets side by side at 10 yards , big kill zones,..... but the string was stretched ..... LOL ....

.... got to imagine .... the look on his face ..... wha ..... LOL .....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:13 pm 

Actually just for fun I shot the lab rat both times in the smaller half of the kill zone...I had to, it hadn't been touched on that side yet!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:33 pm 

Both targets on that lane were fun to shoot... Did anyone get a picture of the target inside of the log?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:22 am 

Parker_101_ wrote:
Both targets on that lane were fun to shoot... Did anyone get a picture of the target inside of the log?

That's gotta be my favourite target of all time. Such a great design, and it worked really well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:46 pm 

Canshooter must have shot that lane AFTER US,- Eh, Sniper?
By the way, in case anybody is having trouble deciphering Sniper's coded reply ..... he is "LOL" (as usual,) because that particular practical Joker actually pulled the string TAUT on one of my targets as I shot it - (A gimme target for most as per his encoded description.) ( I thought so too at the time ...)
Then - he only let it go & it ACTUALLY teetered over JUST as he saw me turning to say " W (hy) - T (he) - F (ace) " ???????????????????????
Given this "inside-Joke" decoding, you might get an idea of the fun involved.
Suddenly I wonder why He has shot with me so often this year & why our SCORES are SO CLOSE- :shock: :hsmash !?!?!?!???
Oh well, He must be aware of the fact that he still "Walks the Earth"- as I DIDN'T crush his head between my thumb & forefinger like a tiny ant ... because he owned up to it & I scored my two points.

LOL, ............ STILL LOL, ............ waitaminnit ............. O.K. HeeHee ... HMMmmmm.

Payback can be SMELLY ... :butthead: