Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: beeman p17
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:46 pm 

Asking for a friend,

he wants to know if there's a place in Canada, store or person, that sells the p17 near or at the American price (35$)

not interested in used, only NIB please.

Thanks

-Nick

Post subject: Re: beeman p17
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:33 pm 

Got mine for the cheapest price I could find in Canada, $56, from Specialty shooting sports. They show it as out of stock, but you never know, drop them a line.

cheers
Jeff

http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors.com/store/air-gun/pistols/beeman/beeman-p17/prod_1204.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:45 pm 

MrMarvin usually has a couple at the local gunshows. I believe Eric sells them at scopesandammo.com as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:09 pm 

Candian Tire usually has them in stock as well.......$99 regular price with crappy Beeman red-dot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:38 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Your best bet is scouring Canadian Tire stores for any they may have on the shelf. Beeman has not been shipping most products to distributors since October (I gather they have had serious business problems and may be under US Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection at the moment).

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:52 am 

MY friend does know about ct, but he saw the price at pyramyd, and now is to stubborn to pay another 60$ for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

I'm guessing if nothing comes up he will just suck it up and go to CT, I will definitely be pointing him to specialty shooting sports though, thanks ellodrith!

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:14 am 

Tell him to grab one at CT when the next sale pops up. They go on sale prolly twice a year for 25% off. If he is in the US, he can buy one there. Just tell him to make sure the fps is noted on the package for when he crosses the border. If he orders it by mail from the US, he'll pay a bunch of duty because it was made in China (I think 20% or so on top of shipping).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:32 pm 

Having experienced multiple failures in the O-ring (re-machined the piston for dual O-rings, installed high quality rings, lubed right, and that was fixed) and the valve (adjusted a few times as it kept leaking, ended up just not working at all to hold air), I would strongly recommend against this pistol. While a lot about it is very appealing, the air retention is simply not reliable enough for too many P17 owners. I paid the $99 (plus taxes, so more like $115) at CT and kick myself a bit. But then again it was a worthwhile experience, teaching me not to cheap out next time. Just paid another forum member $170 for his barely used Gamo Center and am VERY pleased with its functionality and power.

If your friend wants a hard working gun of the same type as the P17, I'd suggest going to D&L for the $199 Weihrauch HW40 PCA. That's where the Chinese-made P17 comes from, but the Weihrauch has a vastly more solid reputation for continuing to work, and you'd have a warranty to back it up. Very satisfying design to use, just a bit of a fail in execution with the Beeman cheap version, with seal and some parts alignment issues in the firing train.