Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
I just wanted to get some piece of mind here. I've heard that many guns will make many different noises, but I wanted some people (S410 owners and those with experience) to have a listen and see if this sounds "OK"?? . As you will hear it is quite loud, maybe I am just over thinking/overreacting, but you cant be too careful with HPA.....It makes a weird pulsating noise as the noise stops, but i am used to my Condor which makes no noise when refilling :roll:

Just want to find out if I should be calling Air Arms or not.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW5vA_1v ... re=channel

Thanks, any info is appreciated.......

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 2102
Location: Greater Napanee, ON, Canada
That sound I have definitely heard before on a few different rigs. Never worried about it.

Tim

_________________
Tim
CAFTA Governor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
Mac wrote:
That sound I have definitely heard before on a few different rigs. Never worried about it.

Tim


Alright perfect, figured i was over reacting, excuse me as I let out a huge sigh of relief :lol:

Thanks Tim,
-Joel.G

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:22 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Ontario, Canada
jgoodz420 wrote:
I just wanted to get some piece of mind here. I've heard that many guns will make many different noises, but I wanted some people (S410 owners and those with experience) to have a listen and see if this sounds "OK"?? . As you will hear it is quite loud, maybe I am just over thinking/overreacting, but you cant be too careful with HPA.....It makes a weird pulsating noise as the noise stops, but i am used to my Condor which makes no noise when refilling :roll:

Just want to find out if I should be calling Air Arms or not.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW5vA_1v ... re=channel

Thanks, any info is appreciated.......


I only get that if my connection is a bit loose and stops only when the pressure equalizes. I then shut the tank off and turn the connectors to make sure there tight and retry until I no longer hear any noise. However, did you make sure you cock the gun before your every refill? The manual says that to cock the airgun upon every refill. Then just uncock after your done.

Cheers..... :drinkers:

_________________
Never Waste a Good Shot..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
ArkBark wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:
I just wanted to get some piece of mind here. I've heard that many guns will make many different noises, but I wanted some people (S410 owners and those with experience) to have a listen and see if this sounds "OK"?? . As you will hear it is quite loud, maybe I am just over thinking/overreacting, but you cant be too careful with HPA.....It makes a weird pulsating noise as the noise stops, but i am used to my Condor which makes no noise when refilling :roll:

Just want to find out if I should be calling Air Arms or not.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW5vA_1v ... re=channel

Thanks, any info is appreciated.......


I only get that if my connection is a bit loose and stops only when the pressure equalizes. I then shut the tank off and turn the connectors to make sure there tight and retry until I no longer hear any noise. However, did you make sure you cock the gun before your every refill? The manual says that to cock the airgun upon every refill. Then just uncock after your done.

Cheers..... :drinkers:


Thanks for the info man......I will try moving it around and make sure to cock it before filling

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:28 pm
Posts: 1270
Location: Southern Ontario
I don;t know if it's normal or not but mine makes the same noise when filling. It also stops near the end of the fill and when I open the scuba valve a little more like you did I also get the last squeal noise.

_________________
Airforce Condor 22 cal
UK Webley Patriot 22 cal
Weihrauch 80 .177 cal
Diana 350 Magnum 22 cal
EunJin Sumatra 22 cal 500cc
AirArms 410 22 cal
Telly .177
BSA Mercury 177 cal
Salavia 618
Shinsung 201 9mm
AirArms Tx200 .22 cal
Diana 54 Airking .22 cal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
Cadeau wrote:
I don;t know if it's normal or not but mine makes the same noise when filling. It also stops near the end of the fill and when I open the scuba valve a little more like you did I also get the last squeal noise.



Alright thanks a lot, I've heard they all make noise and what not, just got worried because I am used to the Condor/no noises........

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:16 pm 
Offline
Site sponsor and moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:38 pm
Posts: 5335
Location: Southern Ontario
jgoodz420 wrote:
Cadeau wrote:
I don;t know if it's normal or not but mine makes the same noise when filling. It also stops near the end of the fill and when I open the scuba valve a little more like you did I also get the last squeal noise.



Alright thanks a lot, I've heard they all make noise and what not, just got worried because I am used to the Condor/no noises........

I've heard your condor, sounds more like a rim fire ...lol

Wonder if there's something that can be done to quiet down that squeal when filling?

_________________
    Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:49 pm
Posts: 722
Common sound from paintball hpa tanks...dirt even dust behind the check-valve was usually to blame. cocking the gun would help too, but only if your getting the same noise when the gun is nearly empty.

_________________
- QB79 - CenterPoint 3-9x40 - 660fps - Zero'd @ 75yrds
- PCP2.0 - 480fps with "no" breech seal on the bolt on CO2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
Parker_101_ wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:
Cadeau wrote:
I don;t know if it's normal or not but mine makes the same noise when filling. It also stops near the end of the fill and when I open the scuba valve a little more like you did I also get the last squeal noise.



Alright thanks a lot, I've heard they all make noise and what not, just got worried because I am used to the Condor/no noises........

I've heard your condor, sounds more like a rim fire ...lol

Wonder if there's something that can be done to quiet down that squeal when filling?



Yeah I love the condor, hope to be getting a .25cal barrel sometime in the next few weeks :twisted: ...........It makes no noise at all when being filled, I'm assuming because its just a tank really....

There have been a few suggestions like turning the connector, and making sure the gun is cocked (which I will try and report back on, I normally fill with it cocked though).......I had to fix the hose when I first got it as it had not been sealed properly by whoever put it together, one connection ( the funky brass one with the slit in it) is silver soldered and the rest just have teflon tape on the threads. Maybe I should silver solder all the fittings together??? though the noise seems to be emitting from the gun itself.......

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:19 pm
Posts: 8936
Location: Coalmont BC
It sounds to me like a check-valve vibrating....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal;
Too many! Springers, Pumpers, CO2, but I love my PCPs and developing them!
Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
rsterne wrote:
It sounds to me like a check-valve vibrating....

Bob



Which would be caused by.......?? just the air passing through it and holding it open?

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:19 pm
Posts: 8936
Location: Coalmont BC
Air passing through it and opening it.... then it closing again (or nearly closing).... in a very rapid succession.... causing a squeal.... just a guess....

Is there a restriction on the inlet side somewhere?.... Does it sound the same regardless of fill rate?.... Does an AA 410 fill with a probe (where the airflow turns 90 degrees), or straight in like with a Foster fitting?....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal;
Too many! Springers, Pumpers, CO2, but I love my PCPs and developing them!
Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
rsterne wrote:
Air passing through it and opening it.... then it closing again (or nearly closing).... in a very rapid succession.... causing a squeal.... just a guess....

Is there a restriction on the inlet side somewhere?.... Does it sound the same regardless of fill rate?.... Does an AA 410 fill with a probe (where the airflow turns 90 degrees), or straight in like with a Foster fitting?....

Bob


Its is filled using one of these.......
Image

Like so.....
Image

The hole on the inside of that brass fitting is TINY.....probably 1/32" maybe 1/16" but I'm sure its smaller, I'm not sure if it is a restriction or not......Pretty sure that is how they are made, cant seem to find a picture, but Ill take one in when I have a minute......

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:19 pm
Posts: 8936
Location: Coalmont BC
I think AA built you a whistle.... :D

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal;
Too many! Springers, Pumpers, CO2, but I love my PCPs and developing them!
Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO