Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:49 pm 

Is anyone in this Forum going to shoot at the
"Canadian Airgun Grand Prix" ?: http://www.targetshooting.ca/cagp.htm
Can anyone go and see it?

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:33 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

I don't shoot the match, but there are a couple here who do....
Yes, anyone can go and have a look/see... It's held at the Double tree near the airport... Pay for parking, go on inside and check it out if you get a chance... Haven't heard if CAFTA will put out a table this year, but if they do you'll find a few of us hanging out drinking coffee and shooting the breeze.... Really is neat to see 70-80 targets setup ready for use by all the shooter that participate... Buy pellets from Cibles, maybe show your support to CSSA by purchasing their items, maybe get a membership and/or raffle tickets for some neat prize... Worth checking out ...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:43 pm 

Thank you Parker_101_. This sounds very interesting. There seems to be lots of people shooting, even
from outside Canada and USA.
I am surprised that don't see more interest around here.
I will be there.

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:36 pm 

A buddy and I shoot this match every year. This is the first one we will miss since 1999 or 2000 and I hope the last we will miss for 10 or so more years..

I think many are intimidated by the event, but it is just a match like any other. You, your gun, your nerves and the target; that's all that exist for however long it takes you to finish the sixty shots. It is a great experience. Once someone shoots in it for the first time, they will probably go back every year.

Have a great time Beretto.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:33 am 

Thank you Tim, I am sure that will be "an education".
Sorry that you will miss it.
Ivo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:11 pm 

You don't even have to pay for parking if you walk a little. Plenty of businesses close by that are monday to friday! Its definitely worth coming out to see and you will more than likely meet a fellow CAFer!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:01 pm 

There's a link posted at the Airgun Events thread.

Its worth a trip for anyone interseted in airgun shooting, hotel parking is I think $10 per day, but like other said you can park across the street at the parking lot of one of the restaurants and take a short walk.

I'll be there just so stick it to David Miller, we'll still be around and shooting, in Toronto no less, but he won't be mayor of Toronto no more.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:45 pm 

As Tim said it's a lot of fun and quite the experience. It is one of the premier indoor airgun matches (rifle AND pistol) in North America with teams coming from all over. In the past there have been numerous US Teams as well as British and Japanese. It starts Friday afternoon and goes until the finals on Sunday afternoon. If you think the FT shoot offs are intense you should see these finals! I volunteered to help last year and shot at it a couple of years ago. It was great! I ended up shooting next to Cory Niefer, Canada's number one 10m shooter and eventual winner of the competition!

It's incredible practice for those standing shots (you have to shoot 60 in about 90 minutes) and a great way to start out the new season! I would encourage everyone to come by, check it out and if you can participate! Maybe we can have a CAFTA challenge...