Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 pm 

Once again I decided to upgrade my FT rig, so I placed my order and eagerly awaited delivery.
While checking my tracking number online at work, the Canadapost window opened and stated that my rifle had been delivered. I thought to myself, "Great! I'll swing by the house after work, pick up the delivery card at the door, and go to the post office to pick it up."
As I scrolled down, I saw that there was a link beside my name. I clicked on it, and a digital signature opened in another screen. Hmm...that's strange. Somebody signed for my rifle?!?! I looked closer and noticed that whoever signed for my rifle just happened to have the exact same name as I do :shock: SOMEBODY FORGED MY SIGNATURE!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! :x
I immediately called Canada Post and asked them what was going on. I could hear them typing away, and they said "Yes, sir, your package has been delivered and signed for at your house." "That's funny," I said, "nobody is at my house!"
They then asked if I could get home to see if the package was on the porch. I told them no, and that the package should explicitly state that a signature is required AND that it is not be be left on the porch. On top of that, the package was worth $2500 and just happened to be a registered firearm.
Once they heard that, they finally sprang into action. I was told a supervisor would be calling me asap. A short time later a woman called me and identified herself as a Canadapost supervisor. She was on a cell phone in her car racing to my house. Once she arrived she told me that the package was just laying on my porch :x The mail person who delivered it must have forged my signature and dropped it on the porch so s/he didn't have to drive it back to the post office...
I asked her to pick the package up and return it to the post office. I picked it up later that night.

I'm not sure if I posted this to vent, or as a warning, or a little of both. The package was labelled properly, but it could have been more distinctly marked. If you're shipping a firearm, it might be a good idea to have the person doing the shipping go a little over-board in identifying that the package should not be left unattended.

As far as dealing with the guy who forged my signature, I've decided to let Canadapost deal with it however they see fit (most likely ignored).
I don't need to have a postal employee get fired and go, well, postal. In my single days I would have dealt with things differently simply on principle, but these days I have to think of more than myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:18 pm 

UNBELIEVABLE. Thankfully someone didn't steal it. They left a shotgun sitting on my step all day once. I was pretty pissed off, similar scenario - they were supposed to get a signature but didn't bother.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:35 pm 
Supporting Member 2010

I have had the same thing happen with an airgun. Ive said it before, and will continue to say it.......once Canada post has your money, they dont give a sh1t what happens.

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:39 pm 

lh wrote:
They left a shotgun sitting on my step all day once.
:shock: Yikes! At least with a FT rifle the guy who stole it would likely have no idea what to do with it! I could just see the thief opening the box..."What the @#$% is this thing?" :lol:
Besides the obvious concerns if it had been stolen, I would have had another big inconvenience. This was the last one of these rifles available anywhere that I know of for probably well over a month. I sold my last FT rifle to fund this one, so I would have lost a bunch of pre-season time to sight in my scope and do some practicing (not that it helps :lol: )

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:04 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Are you going to leave us guessing???....LOL ... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:36 pm 

Parker_101_ wrote:

I'm guessing EV2!

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

CJN wrote:
Parker_101_ wrote:

I'm guessing EV2!

Congratulations!

x2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:20 pm 

I had a similar experience, they called at my house while I wasn't home to deliver a rifle, my daughter who was 16 at the time answered the door. The fellow from Canada post was willing to let her sign for the package, but she didn't have the $64.00 duty that had been assessed so he took it back to the post office. The point is she did not have a PAL and leaving a firearm in the possession of a teen a terrible risk.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:04 am 

Pumpmaster wrote:
SOMEBODY FORGED MY SIGNATURE!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! :x

This is an issue that should be persued.
Leaving the gun on the porch was negligent and irresponsible, but forging your signature is down right criminal, and should not be shrugged off.
JMO.

Glad to hear that your new FT rifle is safe. Look forward to seeing it, and maybe even shooting it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:07 am 

Parker_101_ wrote:
Oops :lol: CJN is correct, I went ahead with the EV2.
Suprmatic wrote:
Look forward to seeing it, and maybe even shooting it.
She is purty, and you can absolutely shoot it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:22 am 

Pumpmaster wrote:
Parker_101_ wrote:
Oops :lol: CJN is correct, I went ahead with the EV2.
Suprmatic wrote:
Look forward to seeing it, and maybe even shooting it.
She is purty, and you can absolutely shoot it!

Was that you that bought the last Black EV2? They list it as "out of stock" now.... guess I'm gonna have to order that Daystate after all.... what's another $600 :lol:

Congrats on the purchase.... sorry to hear about the CP fiasco.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:27 am 

RC wrote:
Was that you that bought the last Black EV2? They list it as "out of stock" now.... guess I'm gonna have to order that Daystate after all.... what's another $600 :lol:

Yes that was me. They were the last shop to have one in stock (that I knew of) so I went ahead and bought it. A bit pricier than ordering from the US, but a lot less hassle, and it was at my door in 2 days. I'm eagerly waiting on a new set of scope mounts that I want to test before I mount up my scope. The wait is killing me! Will we see you out at any FT matches this year?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:59 am 

Pumpmaster wrote:
RC wrote:

Yes that was me. They were the last shop to have one in stock (that I knew of) so I went ahead and bought it. A bit pricier than ordering from the US, but a lot less hassle, and it was at my door in 2 days. I'm eagerly waiting on a new set of scope mounts that I want to test before I mount up my scope. The wait is killing me! Will we see you out at any FT matches this year?

Going to try to make it out to the May match in Waterloo.

I'm playing with my Power setting on my .22cal AA S410. I have it hovering around the 790 - 795 fps with the 14gr CP HP but I'm getting the odd spike of 840 - 850fps which brings that/those particular shot(s) above 20ft/lbs.

Just got my order of JSB Jumbo RS 13.4gr and will try them out but too windy yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:09 am 

Pumpmaster wrote:
I've decided to let Canadapost deal with it however they see fit (most likely ignored).

Probably the most dysfunctional government organization I've ever dealt with. Complaints too numerous to list here but they wear you down with side-stepping and passing the blame. You eventually just give up in frustration! Oh...by the way...congrats on the EV2! I'm guessing it'll be topped off with the Nikko?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:06 pm 

canshooter wrote:
I had a similar experience, they called at my house while I wasn't home to deliver a rifle, my daughter who was 16 at the time answered the door. The fellow from Canada post was willing to let her sign for the package, but she didn't have the $64.00 duty that had been assessed so he took it back to the post office. The point is she did not have a PAL and leaving a firearm in the possession of a teen a terrible risk.

They did the same thing when my Condor came in, left it with the first person to open the door..........in a student house :shock: :lol: Like seriously........