Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:28 pm 

Just finished up doing some work on my trigger.........

I cut the trigger so it's the same width throughout, and I also removed some of the bottom portion so it fits the trigger shoe/my finger better......

All contact point on the sear and trigger have been flattened with a Dremel, then sanded with 320g and then 600g. Basically any part the touches something else has been coated with moly; for smoothing things out, and filling imperfections......

I inserted a pen spring above the trigger to remove the take-up or forward/backward play. I also installed a .038" width washer on the pin that holds the trigger, this has eliminated the side-to-side play in the trigger. I removed 2 full coils from the stock sear spring, sanded spring face(s), and applied moly quite liberally.

I really have no way of measuring trigger weight, I guess I could do pull length with a vernier?....I don't think I would trust that very much at all though. I am able to notice a difference by feel, which lets me know I did something :lol: does anybody have one those "handy-dandy" trigger pull gauges? OR (I know this is ridiculous, but it would work) using small weight scale tied around the trigger, just pull the scale until it shoots.........Again I realize this is almost pointless, but it would give me a better idea than I have now, which is none at all......... :lol:

Something like this........with a postal/pencil scale or something, not the food scale :lol:
Anyone ever tried something like this?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 pm 

wow your trigger job sure looks good,how does the cut trigger feel? mine feels great. i like how your gun looks, like the red.

crosman phantom 500 .22 modded
colt 1911 a1 .177
crosman 150 .22
beeman p17
crosman 38c .22
benji 397 .177
soon benji disco .22
too many powder burners to list.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:04 pm 

kenneth carlson wrote:
wow your trigger job sure looks good,how does the cut trigger feel? mine feels great. i like how your gun looks, like the red.

Hey thanks a lot, I think this is going to be one of those guns that is never truly "finished" LOL My favorite colors are black/red so I figured; hey, why not?? :lol:

I have some special "pieces" (we'll say) on order that I am extremely excited about......but its a surprise so I can't say what it is :P Mr.Vinyard has some nice red toys ready for me to add on as well :mrgreen:

The cut trigger works a lot better, I wanted to do it so I could slide the trigger shoe further down, then I realized I might as well just take it all off like you did......It allows me to have my finger completely on the trigger shoe which is obviously wider and makes the pull feel easier/lighter, I like the little touch of red added to the trigger as well......... I am very pleased with the trigger now......

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 pm 

You have done well with Ol' Snoopy, - Good job on both tweaking the Pumper, & beatin' me on the 7th. with the Behemoth 1377. :mrgreen: (ENVY) Oh well; There's always NEXT time :axe:
Just kidd'n, I'm glad you were able to attend with that rig, and you have given me a few ideas for improving mine.
Cheers - PK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:19 pm 

Got some new toys for Snoopy.......

I muffed up a hole on the trigger frame so I will have to replace it, parts gun on the way........But all in all it turned out great, the pump arm feels much more sturdy now, and I can free float the barrel as well...........

Cheers,
-Joel.G