Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:24 am 

Remember that tonight is when we set our clocks ahead!
Dont be an hour late!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:59 am 

Well, we did it.
We had our meeting all six of us, and we agreed to form a FT club in BC!
It will be called the West Coast FT Club.
We will be shooting at the Mission R&GC, on the archery walk they have there.
It is a really nice layout, with hills and big trees, so it really gives a "wilderness" feel to it.

This is the group photo

And a couple of views of the trail. The first one is quite a downhill shot and probably 40 M to the bear

This one is from an elevated stand, looking across a bit of a valley or draw.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:23 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

Excellent... Beautiful country ... 8)
That looks like an absolutely great spot for FT.... Congrats folks!....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:57 am 

Excellent news! Congrats! Do you have plans for the first match yet?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:25 am 

This is fantastic news. The WCFTC sounds great. The venue looks amazing with the variety of landscape.

Once you get things rolling some of the Ontario shooters will have to plan a road trip. A visit to BC can easily become a vacation. I have a brother on the Island I have not seen in 22 years and a nephew and two nieces in Vancouver so I would be able to enjoy a match, hang out with new friends and catch up with family. I think I talked myself into it.

I see one of Parker's targets there; can't get much better than that. I will be keeping an eye out for news and will help in any way I can.

Woo Woo!

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 am 

tootall...which one are you?! nyuk nyuk :wink:
That venue looks terrific! Without a doubt, your numbers will grow quickly! I look forward to a road trip out there to meet y'all and shooting your course!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:54 am 

Pumpmaster wrote:
BCGunner wrote:
Sorry if i confused anyone. I use AFT so at the gun club there is no confusion:
Airgun Field Target
HTH

Gotcha. Now get that club up and running so we have an excuse for a road trip! :D

For sure, lets rock out to BC 8) :lol:

It's only $226.80 ($206 non-refundable) for a re-fundable greyhound ticket........for over 3000miles? that's a lot less than I thought, hard to beat that :|

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:03 am 

jgoodz420 wrote:
It's only $226.80 ($206 non-refundable) for a re-fundable greyhound ticket........for over 3000miles? that's a lot less than I thought, hard to beat that :|

I would have to arrive days earlier to recover from sitting on my a** for so long. :lol:

I sure would be safer for the guns however. With air travel you never know what condition the guns will arrive in.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:11 am 

Yes folks, it's all true. We had a sucessful meeting Sunday and a new group was formed. Over the next few weeks, targets will be aquired, a schedule will be developed and fun will be had by all!! Of course we invite everyone to our first formal shoot, when we have a firm date, so clean your barrels, dust your lenses and get ready to do some shooting West Coast style :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:23 am 

Congratulations to all of you.... If I still lived in the Lower Mainland I would have been there in a heartbeat.... Our motel is busy from May to November, but I can see getting away maybe next year in the early Spring to meet everyone and have a go....

We have a camp on our Placer Claim in Coalmont that is on Crown land and it would be a piece of cake to set up a walking trail style of shoot there.... lots of land and away from the prying eyes of the public.... While I'm thinking of it, if any of the FT guys from back East are planning a holiday in BC, make sure you stop by.... I'll personally show you around the area and you can pan for gold (free) on our Claim....

Heck, same thing applies to any AirGunner visiting.... :oops: .... Bring your boots.... :twisted:

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:17 pm 

Mac wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:

I would have to arrive days earlier to recover from sitting on my a** for so long. :lol:

I sure would be safer for the guns however. With air travel you never know what condition the guns will arrive in.

Tim

That's the catch I'm sure, sitting on a bus for 3000 miles :lol:

Yeah I would not want to put my gun in the hands of a airport luggage technician :P Can you even take PCP on a plane? I'm assuming you would (obviously) have to drain all the air out first? I could see them giving you a hassle over it........

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:28 pm 

rsterne wrote:
Congratulations to all of you.... If I still lived in the Lower Mainland I would have been there in a heartbeat.... Our motel is busy from May to November, but I can see getting away maybe next year in the early Spring to meet everyone and have a go....

We have a camp on our Placer Claim in Coalmont that is on Crown land and it would be a piece of cake to set up a walking trail style of shoot there.... lots of land and away from the prying eyes of the public.... While I'm thinking of it, if any of the FT guys from back East are planning a holiday in BC, make sure you stop by.... I'll personally show you around the area and you can pan for gold (free) on our Claim....

Heck, same thing applies to any AirGunner visiting.... :oops: .... Bring your boots.... :twisted:

Bob

I will be out there again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:01 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
Mac wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:

Tim

That's the catch I'm sure, sitting on a bus for 3000 miles :lol:

Yeah I would not want to put my gun in the hands of a airport luggage technician :P Can you even take PCP on a plane? I'm assuming you would (obviously) have to drain all the air out first? I could see them giving you a hassle over it........

Just found out you get 50% off if you book 21 days in advance :shock: Pretty solid deal, the prices I posted before were with student discount, these are no discount prices from Windsor, ON to Mission, BC (greyhound.ca)

21-Day Advance Purchase Adult $115.00
14-Day Advance Purchase Adult $172.00
7-Day Advance Purchase Adult $206.00
Non-refundable Adult $229.00
Refundable Fare Adult $252.00

Hard to argue with $115...... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:36 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Congratulations, this is wonderful news! What a beautiful setting to spend a day shooting in, I will make it out to a match in the next few years, I love BC.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 pm 

Big thanks to BCGunner for doing all the work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next