Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:31 pm 

I'm gonna have to carpool with a few of the Island guys for a match one of these days.

Maybe I'll be able to get something going at VFGPA. I've been working on a proposal to use the left side (unused) of the shotgun range as an airgun range, so I can start making airgun specific targets and not worry about them getting blasted by surplus 7.63x39 everytime I turn my back.

-Grant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:37 pm 

grantmac wrote:
I'm gonna have to carpool with a few of the Island guys for a match one of these days.

Maybe I'll be able to get something going at VFGPA. I've been working on a proposal to use the left side (unused) of the shotgun range as an airgun range, so I can start making airgun specific targets and not worry about them getting blasted by surplus 7.63x39 everytime I turn my back.

-Grant

Hey i read that :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:52 pm 

grantmac wrote:

-Grant

I was looking at the website for VFGPA and it looks like a great place. Your pledge is the same one as we use at PC&DCC. We use the archery trail for the FT course. We clean up lanes and even built 20 gravel filled lane boxes (4' X 4') that the archery guys use as well. It has been a cooperative effort that works well for both groups. We have our sight in range in the shotgun area, just as you suggested. I hope you can get something going there.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:06 am 

BCGunner wrote:
Yes folks, it's all true. We had a sucessful meeting Sunday and a new group was formed. Over the next few weeks, targets will be fabricated, a schedule will be developed and fun will be had by all!! Of course we invite everyone to our first formal shoot, when we have a firm date, so clean your barrels, dust your lenses and get ready to do some shooting West Coast style :D

Ahem...
After reverse engineering (taking a wee look at...) the target that Scruffie brought to the meeting, I am building a couple of trial run targets. If they work as planned, I'll crank out a bunch more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:41 am 

Mac wrote:
grantmac wrote:

-Grant

I was looking at the website for VFGPA and it looks like a great place. Your pledge is the same one as we use at PC&DCC. We use the archery trail for the FT course. We clean up lanes and even built 20 gravel filled lane boxes (4' X 4') that the archery guys use as well. It has been a cooperative effort that works well for both groups. We have our sight in range in the shotgun area, just as you suggested. I hope you can get something going there.

Tim

I am active with the 3D archery at the club. There is already a lot of demand on that area for the archery so I'm going to try and see if we can just do a flatland air only range for the time being. Also I'd be more happy to make-up some practice targets and leave them out if I knew I could set them up in an air only area.

Really I'm not sure if competition is my end goal here. I'd just really like to get an area of the club that we can get the younger kids shooting pellet guns safely and with fun targets. Its really about the shooting sports in general for me.

Not sure what you mean by lane boxes? They just aren't ringing a bell with me.

-Grant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:01 am 

Hi Grant

What I am sitting on is a lane box. I took four pieces of 2X4, made a frame and fastened it down with two pieces of 2" long re-bar and then we filled it with gravel. Some like pea gravel in there, but I find that like shooting on a pile of marbles. Ordinary gravel works well and is way cheaper.

We use them to sit, stand or kneel and the archery guys use them to stand on as well. We use the forest path once a month for a match on a Saturday, so we do not interfere with archery events at all.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:29 pm 

I understand the lane-box thing now. I assumed that people just put their shooting mat down on the dirt.

-Grant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 pm 

grantmac wrote:
I understand the lane-box thing now. I assumed that people just put their shooting mat down on the dirt.

-Grant

That certainly is one way of doing it and many clubs that I have been to in the US do that exactly. A little rain sure can make things unpleasant though. With the gravel, the rain runs right through and you do not get all mucked up or slip and slide in the mud.

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:33 pm 

I would like to congratulate the members of the new West Coast FT Club by donating a target.... I have commissioned two Ruffed Grouse targets per this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21872&start=150

They will be shipped to me here in Coalmont, so all that needs to happen is for a member to pick one up from me here....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:32 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

rsterne wrote:
I would like to congratulate the members of the new West Coast FT Club by donating a target.... I have commissioned two Ruffed Grouse targets per this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21872&start=150

They will be shipped to me here in Coalmont, so all that needs to happen is for a member to pick one up from me here....

Bob

Thank you very much for Mr. Grouse. 8) We promise to Target him wisely. Will Set him up so close or else so far out there in the booonies that no way, will anyone be able to damage his nice colours with an errant pellet. :P :wink:
I think the West Coast extends all the way to Coalmont does it not. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:50 pm 

Hi and on behalf of the WCFTC, a huge thanks for the target!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you one day soon.
Quote:
We promise to Target him wisely. Will Set him up so close or else so far out there in the booonies that no way, will anyone be able to damage his nice colours with an errant pellet.

HEY, that's not a poke at my not hitting targets is it? :oops: anyways, it's not a wall so it doesn't count :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:11 pm 

I can personally guarantee that I will never hit it unless it is placed exactly at 10m on a windless day...

My collection of targets is perfect, not a mark on them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:53 pm 

BCGunner wrote:
Hi and on behalf of the WCFTC, a huge thanks for the target!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you one day soon.
Quote:
We promise to Target him wisely. Will Set him up so close or else so far out there in the booonies that no way, will anyone be able to damage his nice colours with an errant pellet.

HEY, that's not a poke at my not hitting targets is it? :oops: anyways, it's not a wall so it doesn't count :lol:

Hey Morris. Thanks for joining my forum. My name on the forum is Deon, and I'm one of the administrators. It's great to see you're getting FT going in the Vancouver area. That's where I'm settling on the 1st of June, so it happened just in time! I will do my part to help where I can. I'm looking at Maple Ridge, so I'll be close enough to Mission.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:43 pm 

Hi Old Van,
Welcome ( soon ) to the Wet Coast. Maple Ridge is on the "right" side of the river, so it's just a 20 minute drive East to the range. Our informal meet and greets have been at Scruffies shop, just over the new bridge on the Surrey side ( but it will cost ya to cross :cry: ). I look forward to meeting you!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:02 am 

Hi Morris and Guys. What's hapenning there. Any progress/updates on the FT scene? I will hit Terra Firma on the 19th of June. I start working on the 5th of July, and would love to get a bit of shooting done before then. I'm bringing my AA S510 and my Steyr LG100 with me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next