Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:03 pm
Posts: 91
Location: Vancouver-ish
Hi Old Van,
Its all been informal shooting so far. Working on getting enough targets together; works of art from the others and scraps of wood and hinges by me. Otherwise I'm just getting used to my RWS 850 and convincing my wife a nice Weihrauch is an appropriate birthday gift. :mrgreen:

Pete

_________________
What's another word for Thesaurus?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 368
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
Hi Pete. Hey nothing wrong with informal shooting. I enjoy plinking the most of all airgun activities. I undertook to bring 50 targets with me, but nobody could help me in time, so it will be more like 20. But at least I know how to make them, so if I can find someone with some metalworking skills, I'll still get them made there. I really want the club to have a full set of targets. I'll be in Maple Ridge in 3 weeks, so we'll talk then.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:34 pm
Posts: 164
Location: 'round the corner from "the museum"
I live on Vancouver Island, but I have access to a plasma cutter. If you guys want to send me some designs I could do the major cutting for you then drop them in the mail.

-Grant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:23 am
Posts: 626
Location: B.C.
Hi guys. The next event ( if you want to call it that ) will be another meet and greet some time very soon. As soon as I have a date and place, I'll post and let you all know.
See you all soon!

_________________
West Coast Field Target Club Director
Mission and District Rod and Gun Club Airgun Field Target Chair


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 368
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
grantmac wrote:
I live on Vancouver Island, but I have access to a plasma cutter. If you guys want to send me some designs I could do the major cutting for you then drop them in the mail.

-Grant


Thanks for the offer Grant. I'll come over to your place and bring some designs with in July sometime, if that's OK?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:34 pm
Posts: 164
Location: 'round the corner from "the museum"
Old Van wrote:
grantmac wrote:
I live on Vancouver Island, but I have access to a plasma cutter. If you guys want to send me some designs I could do the major cutting for you then drop them in the mail.

-Grant


Thanks for the offer Grant. I'll come over to your place and bring some designs with in July sometime, if that's OK?


July isn't a great month. But PM me and we'll set something up closer to the fall when I've got a better idea of when I will be available.

Basically just trace the designs onto some sheet steel with a jiffy marker and it will take minutes to get them cut-out.

-Grant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 368
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
grantmac wrote:
Old Van wrote:
grantmac wrote:
I live on Vancouver Island, but I have access to a plasma cutter. If you guys want to send me some designs I could do the major cutting for you then drop them in the mail.

-Grant


Thanks for the offer Grant. I'll come over to your place and bring some designs with in July sometime, if that's OK?


July isn't a great month. But PM me and we'll set something up closer to the fall when I've got a better idea of when I will be available.

Basically just trace the designs onto some sheet steel with a jiffy marker and it will take minutes to get them cut-out.

-Grant


Sure, whenever you can would be great. Anyway, I'm only arriving in Vancouver on the 19th of June.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO