Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:38 am 

Hi Old Van,
Its all been informal shooting so far. Working on getting enough targets together; works of art from the others and scraps of wood and hinges by me. Otherwise I'm just getting used to my RWS 850 and convincing my wife a nice Weihrauch is an appropriate birthday gift. :mrgreen:

Pete

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:59 am 

Hi Pete. Hey nothing wrong with informal shooting. I enjoy plinking the most of all airgun activities. I undertook to bring 50 targets with me, but nobody could help me in time, so it will be more like 20. But at least I know how to make them, so if I can find someone with some metalworking skills, I'll still get them made there. I really want the club to have a full set of targets. I'll be in Maple Ridge in 3 weeks, so we'll talk then.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:39 pm 

I live on Vancouver Island, but I have access to a plasma cutter. If you guys want to send me some designs I could do the major cutting for you then drop them in the mail.

-Grant

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:30 pm 

Hi guys. The next event ( if you want to call it that ) will be another meet and greet some time very soon. As soon as I have a date and place, I'll post and let you all know.
See you all soon!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:20 am 

grantmac wrote:
I live on Vancouver Island, but I have access to a plasma cutter. If you guys want to send me some designs I could do the major cutting for you then drop them in the mail.

-Grant

Thanks for the offer Grant. I'll come over to your place and bring some designs with in July sometime, if that's OK?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:20 pm 

Old Van wrote:
grantmac wrote:

-Grant

Thanks for the offer Grant. I'll come over to your place and bring some designs with in July sometime, if that's OK?

July isn't a great month. But PM me and we'll set something up closer to the fall when I've got a better idea of when I will be available.

Basically just trace the designs onto some sheet steel with a jiffy marker and it will take minutes to get them cut-out.

-Grant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:53 pm 

grantmac wrote:
Old Van wrote:
grantmac wrote:

-Grant

July isn't a great month. But PM me and we'll set something up closer to the fall when I've got a better idea of when I will be available.

Basically just trace the designs onto some sheet steel with a jiffy marker and it will take minutes to get them cut-out.

-Grant

Sure, whenever you can would be great. Anyway, I'm only arriving in Vancouver on the 19th of June.