Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Port Fun Match
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:22 pm 

I have tentatively booked April 17th for the fun match at Port Colborne. The format will be about the same as last year, but the times have changed.

There will be a 60 shot course set up with a great variety of difficulties and participants may shoot whatever style they like as long as they shoot safely. No awards will be handed out and if you choose to, you keep your own score on the sheets provided. Some may choose to shoot different styles for part of the match and even different rifles. As always, there is a 20ft/lb limit for rifles used.

You would be welcome to shoot a sub 500fps pistol, but please realize these targets will be set up to fall with a 5ft/lb kill zone hit and stay up with a 20ft/lb face hit. Some will fall with a kill zone hit from the lower energy pistols, but many will not.

Following the shooting there will be a big pot of chili, Italian bread and hot chocolate, so book the whole day. If there is time and interest, the sight in range will open after the match.

The fee will be $15 for adults and $10 for juniors in order to pay for the food and make a donation to the Conservation Club for the use of the facility. As always, for first time shooters in Port, there is no fee.

The gate will open at 9:00AM and the match will start at 12:00 noon. The sight in range should be ready by 9:45AM and the shooters meeting will start promptly at 11:45AM.

Once you know if you will or will not be attending, please let me know so that I can have plenty of chili for those in attendance. For a $5 fee, adult nonparticipants are welcome to have the meal with us after the match. Children eat free. Please let me know how many adults and children will be eating with us.

Come on out with us and have a great day of fun and fellowship and also get in some practice for the season that starts in May.

See you then.

Tim, Dennis and Chris

Post subject: Re: Port Fun Match
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:11 pm 

Mac wrote:
If there is time and interest, the sight in range will open after the match.

After a long winter of indoor shooting, I'd like to get in as much shooting as possible!
Mac wrote:
Children eat free.

Umm...will this be determined by height? :lol:
Can't wait! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:01 pm 

Shoot until dark is good with me.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:15 pm 

Sounds great, so glad spring is almost here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:22 pm 

YES!!!!! :P

Can't wait to come out and do some shooting............ looks like this falls right during exams though :evil: .........but I should be there, no exams on Saturdays :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:30 pm 

AAARRRGH!!! Sometimes I hate being a civil servant and having to work on the weekends!!! :hsmash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:38 pm 

alaus24 wrote:
AAARRRGH!!! Sometimes I hate being a civil servant and having to work on the weekends!!! :hsmash

So, ummm........civil servants never get "sick" on a Saturday? :roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:46 pm 

i cant wait!!!!!! i've got a new scope i'm dying to use!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:39 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

This date is fast approaching... 8)

Last years fun match looked like this... Picture slide show... http://www.youtube.com/user/ExoticWoody ... qTnMA8rmds

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:26 pm 

Less than two weeks away, so anyone who has not dropped me a line yet, please let me know so I can have enough food there for everyone.

That slide show brought back some good memories and made me even more anxious to get out and do some shooting.

Hope to see a lot of you in Port on the 17th.

Tim