Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Inexpensive FT Springer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:37 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I've heard nothing but good things about this TX200 clone, I'm sure with a tune it'll shoot with the best of them:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/me ... n+.177+cal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:47 pm 

I remember a bit of discussion here lately about having AG's shipped from the US. I think the jist of it was that US carriers would no longer ship guns to Canada or something. Anyone order a gun lately xborder? Because this looks like a great deal! I'm interested myself.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:01 pm 

My brother owns one of these and with a little TLC they care a really good shooter.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:01 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

This is a private seller of a used rifle, not a store... Just ask nicely and expect to pay a bit more in shipping.. I've done this more than once without any issues...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:31 am 

pirellip wrote:
This is a private seller of a used rifle, not a store... Just ask nicely and expect to pay a bit more in shipping.. I've done this more than once without any issues...

Would you mind sharing the shipping process?

Because even the seller agree to ship to Canada. Some of them dont know how so i may need to direct them.

Something like:
1/Does the rifle need to be registered in Canada before shipping?
2/What carrier did you used?
3/In case they find out it is air rifle, would they take it away from you or return to seller address?

Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:18 am 
Supporting Member 2009

sonic85 wrote:
Because even the seller agree to ship to Canada. Some of them dont know how so i may need to direct them.
Something like:
3/In case they find out it is air rifle, would they take it away from you or return to seller address?
Thank you very much.

It's not a difficult process, not much different than shipping one from within Canada.

1. Yes it has to be registered before being shipped. All you need for this is the s/n number and the barrel length (I normally get the barrel length from the internet). Call up the CFC and tell them that you want to import a PAL rated airgun. They'll ask you for the make/model. If it's in the system, you're all set. If it's not, well then you have a bit more work to do (what exactly I'm not sure, but I do know others on the CAF have done it, and the CFC people can tell you). Assuming it is in the system, give them the s/n and other info, they will then give you the info you need to complete the online registration on the CFC website. Immediately after you enter that info, you'll receive the registration paper online, I save it to my computer and also print it. Email that paper to the seller and have them include it with the air rifle.

2. I recommend sending it using USPS (which is Canada Post in Canada) I DO NOT recommend using UPS or any of the other ones, they'll charge you a big brokerage fee, and in FedEx's case, they refused to deliver it (even though I asked them before I sent it) so I had to drive all the way to Windsor to pick it up from the boarder.

3. If it's a registered rifle, there's nothing wrong with what you've done, so no reason you'd lose it. If you haven't registered it, well as far as I know that's against the law, and I think that's a pretty serious law to break, even though it's 'just an airgun'..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:22 pm 

pirellip wrote:
sonic85 wrote:
Something like:
Thank you very much.

It's not a difficult process, not much different than shipping one from within Canada.

1. Yes it has to be registered before being shipped. All you need for this is the s/n number and the barrel length (I normally get the barrel length from the internet). Call up the CFC and tell them that you want to import a PAL rated airgun. They'll ask you for the make/model. If it's in the system, you're all set. If it's not, well then you have a bit more work to do (what exactly I'm not sure, but I do know others on the CAF have done it, and the CFC people can tell you). Assuming it is in the system, give them the s/n and other info, they will then give you the info you need to complete the online registration on the CFC website. Immediately after you enter that info, you'll receive the registration paper online, I save it to my computer and also print it. Email that paper to the seller and have them include it with the air rifle.

2. I recommend sending it using USPS (which is Canada Post in Canada) I DO NOT recommend using UPS or any of the other ones, they'll charge you a big brokerage fee, and in FedEx's case, they refused to deliver it (even though I asked them before I sent it) so I had to drive all the way to Windsor to pick it up from the boarder.

3. If it's a registered rifle, there's nothing wrong with what you've done, so no reason you'd lose it. If you haven't registered it, well as far as I know that's against the law, and I think that's a pretty serious law to break, even though it's 'just an airgun'..

Thanks for the information

I also just got a tip from a friend that if we could tell the seller to mark item as damage and send in to repair so there would be no tax or duties, this is specially good in case anyone use UPS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:27 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

sonic85 wrote:
Thanks for the information

I also just got a tip from a friend that if we could tell the seller to mark item as damage and send in to repair so there would be no tax or duties, this is specially good in case anyone use UPS.

It has been my experience that UPS doesn't care about the circumstances, they always charge taxes and at least a $30 brokerage fee. USPS that goes to Canada Post on the other hand only charges a $5 brokerage fee, and in some cases nothing at all. I've had several items just sitting on my doorstep when I arrived home before, including $900 scopes. Good in that I was able to avoid paying anything extra, but not so good if they went missing before I arrived home...

Stick with USPS, it really is the best option.