Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Sportsman Show
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:04 pm 

Well I spent the day down at the sportsman show working at the CSSA booth. Ok you ask what does that have to do with field target? Well I'll tell ya... If you look at the pics you'll notice a field target (fire hydrant) and if you look close you'll see my FT pistol in the case.(above the rifles) So if someone walked by I asked em "do you shoot?" lots replied yes I have an air gun and then I'd proceed to tell them about FT using my pistol and the target to explain. I figure I wrote out the web site for good ol CAF and CAFTA as well as central about 20 times. We may get a few new shooters. A lot of dad's with boys in tow thought it was a great idea. Oh yeah I only gave the FT info to folks who live west of T.O.(but I talked it up to the rest) One of the guys manning the booth mentioned tongue in cheek I was spending most of my time over at the target talking airguns. I told him thats what I know best I hav'nt a clue about a win300 mag or .308. I also pushed CSSA membership (of course) even though we are only shooting pellets, its still lead going downrange so the shooting insurance is a good idea. Hint Hint :mrgreen: Anyway what a great way to spend the day talking to people who like to shoot!!!

Post subject: Re: Sportsman Show
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:30 am 

Looks like fun!
Thanks for sharing alaus24.

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:54 am 

Well done, alaus24 - talk about "taking the bull by the horns" in promoting the hobby. :supz:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:48 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

Suprmatic wrote:
Well done, alaus24 - talk about "taking the bull by the horns" in promoting the hobby. :supz:

x2 ... :supz:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:32 pm 

I already had an email yesterday from someone that was at the show. They have an 11 year old that loves to shoot. I filled them in on what the sport was all about and the routines at a match. They were concerned about safety, etc. Of course I invited them to a match after I explained things, as attending and participating in a match is definitely the best way to learn about the sport.

You did good alaus24.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:07 am 
Supporting Member 2009

That's great to hear alaus24, FT is a great sport for kids of all ages and promoting it at the Sportsman show was a great idea, thanks for your efforts.