Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:13 pm 

First and foremost, the mods made to this fine FWB pistol can be fully reversed, with no outside indication of having ever been modified.

The first thing I did was to change out the CO2 cylinder mounting assembly to that used by the FWB C20, to improve the balance. Next, the grip angle was a bit too steep for the position that I use to shoot PFT, so the grip angle was altered to a more vertical grip positioning.

Due to the regulations placed upon air pistols here in Canada, the velocity produced by the C10 in it's OEM form was sufficient, with nothing more than an adjustment, and required no further modification beyond that.

I then proceeded to make up a one-piece barrel mounted (drooper) scope rail, for mounting of a Bushnell Trophy red/green dot sight, with multiple reticules. The rail mounts to the barrel with four set-screws, mounted below the center line of the barrel, and utilizes non-marring inserts to protect the barrel from any damage. This results in a solid and effective mounting system.

Initial testing at 10M produced some interesting results - it seems that the C10 is quite happy with a number of different pellets, all of which produced some very nice groups :D . Additional testing out to 25 yards should narrow things down to the pellets that will be used for a match. All the groups shown are 10 shots, at 10M, shot from my usual PFT position. Gamo targets were used, and the "10" ring is approximately 1/2" diameter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:36 pm 

Great work as always Len, pretty nice groupings there too.... 8)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:00 pm 

Beautiful work, especially with the scope mount! It looks just right... nice and low as opposed to most of the other barrel clamping mounts I see for match pistols (mostly for silhouette / taco hold). I shoot 10m AP most of the time and would love to get hold of a older CO2 Feinwerkbau. Shame you can't import one without a restricted PAL... if only that 500fps limit was just 10-15 fps higher :lol:

Are you using a "short" cylinder on that C10? How many shots do you get from a full fill?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:10 pm 

Nice work Len you can send that to the Island for further evaluation :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:50 pm 

KevinS wrote:
Beautiful work, especially with the scope mount! It looks just right... nice and low as opposed to most of the other barrel clamping mounts I see for match pistols (mostly for silhouette / taco hold). I shoot 10m AP most of the time and would love to get hold of a older CO2 Feinwerkbau. Shame you can't import one without a restricted PAL... if only that 500fps limit was just 10-15 fps higher :lol:

Are you using a "short" cylinder on that C10? How many shots do you get from a full fill?

The C10/C20 are not restricted - both show factory specs at around 480 FPS with standard match pellets. A few years ago, the RCMP tested a bunch of air pistols with super lightweight pellets, and tried to declare many of the match pistols as restricted, but that nonsense was addressed, and most match pistols are again, non-PAL. Beeman also tended to over-state the velocities on many of the air pistols that they sold, using the same methods.

The older FWB CO2 match pistols can be bought quite readily here in Canada - just keep an eye peeled on the CAF classifieds.

Yes, that is the short cylinder, and it gives me about 150 or so shots, as the gun is currently set up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:53 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
Nice work Len you can send that to the Island for further evaluation :D :D

I thought you weren't a "pistol guy"???? :?
I can't wait to do a bit more evaluatin' myself.... :lol: .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:00 pm 

Suprmatic wrote:
KevinS wrote:

The C10/C20 are not restricted - both show factory specs at around 480 FPS with standard match pellets. A few years ago, the RCMP tested a bunch of air pistols with super lightweight pellets, and tried to declare many of the match pistols as restricted, but that nonsense was addressed, and most match pistols are again, non-PAL. Beeman also tended to over-state the velocities on many of the air pistols that they sold, using the same methods.

The older FWB CO2 match pistols can be bought quite readily here in Canada - just keep an eye peeled on the CAF classifieds.

Yes, that is the short cylinder, and it gives me about 150 or so shots, as the gun is currently set up.

Definitly did not know about that! I have a bad feeling about this... :lol: