Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:08 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

For those not yet on the Canadian Shooters Email list, here is the info as provided by Tim MacSweyn ....

The first outdoor FT match of the season hosted by the Port Colborne FT Club will take place at the Port Colborne & District Conservation Club on Saturday, May 15, 2010. The gates will be open at 8:00AM for set up, the sight in range should be open by 9:30AM, the shooters meeting will take place at 10:45AM and the match will start at 11:00AM. The cost is $20 and as always, first time shooters at Port, shoot free.

We will offer all five classes from the three divisions. You can compete in PCP division open or WFTF, piston division open or WFTF and also the hunter division. When you reply, please tell me what division you will be competing in. New shooters are encouraged to start in the hunter division.

The link to google map to the club is below:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl ... 927.75%20W

The Rules can be found on the CAFTA site below.

http://caftahome.com/

If links do not work directly, just copy and paste.

Please let me know by Tuesday evening if you will or will not be able to attend. I will order awards on Wednesday AM based on confirmed entrants in each class.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:42 am 

Sure was nice to finally get out and shoot a rifle match yesterday... The winters around these parts are way too long and the FT seasons a bit short... I put together a short vid with pictures taken from the days event... Cheers! ... http://www.youtube.com/user/ExoticWoody ... hqMaX32NGo

Thanks to everyone involved that helped make yesterdays match a great day out... 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:26 am 
Admin-2-IC

Thanks for posting the pic vid.
It was awesome day. Especially after made it to the first place in hunter div.
Half way thru the match the QB probe seal gave up, still no excuse for
not finishing the match. Great fun.
Perhaps we'll see more people on the next match.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:33 am 

Got to love it, you broke the double digit mark!... All I kept hearing were targets dropping from your platforms... :twisted:
Congrats on a great finish sniper... 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:45 am 

Good job sniper 8)

Sorry I had to miss this one i really wanted to be there, need get my new vehicle up and running......I'll be at the next one!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:17 am 

Hey guys,

It was a great day! I enjoyed the fun, eventhough those 3/8" Killzones were a Killer to hit!! :lol:

Congratulations Sniper! That's quite a collection of medals you've have! So I guess you will be moving up to the Field Target division next time, possibly giving me a chance of getting a medal in the Hunter division now??? :lol:

Great pictures Parker_101! Can't wait till the next Port Colbourne match!

Take care everyone,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:06 pm 

I remembered to charge but not install my flippin' camera battery so no pics from me this time folks, :roll: "DUH." -So Thanks to Parker 101 for sharing yours.
Congrats on your "Gold" win Sniper, I'll take SOME credit though, for not shooting with you this time & making You laugh. :wink: I'm happy enough with a "Bronze" in Hunter for the first recorded shoot of the season.
It was great to see 27 shooters turn out so early this summer, it looks like it could be a fun season ahead.
A nice day over all if a tad WINDY, & besides the hold-over, I had to adjust my elevation 10 clicks up on the sight in range. I guess I did O.K. but really need to sight in indoors soon.
See Y'all at the next one - God Willin' - "Salut" :drinkers:

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:08 pm 

I had a great day too, it was so nice to finally get back out there and do some shooting with friends.
I spent the first 3 or 4 lanes chasing my windage around, but luckily got things sorted out to have a satisfying day with my new rifle.
I took a bunch of pics, but they all start to look the same after a while!
Here's some shots of a few of us in action, showing the wide variety of equipment that can be used to enjoy this fantastic hobby.
Can't wait for the next one!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:51 pm 

Nice pics Pumpmaster... That's what we need, a camera at different points throughout the course of fire to cover more ground...

For those that have yet to make it out to a match, what happens when you're trying to get pics and shoot the match at the same time is that you end up taking many pics of the groups to the right and left of you. With the number of shooters growing, it's getting tougher to include all the shooters who are now scattered over a larger area with time being a factor ... :D

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:04 am 

Parker_101_ wrote:
Nice pics Pumpmaster... That's what we need, a camera at different points throughout the course of fire to cover more ground...
I'll try to take pics at each match this year, I finally bought a camera with a decent zoom so that I can get good shots without bothering the shooters.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:54 pm 

Here are the stills from the video ... http://gallery.fieldtargetcentral.com/g ... p?album=26
YouTube video can be found here.. http://www.youtube.com/user/ExoticWoody ... hqMaX32NGo

Cheers!