Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:09 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

For those not yet on the Canadian Shooters List here is the info as sent out by Tim via Email ...
Here is a Link to the Doc in PDF ... http://www.fieldtargetcentral.com/docs/ ... m%20V2.pdf

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:15 pm 

Awesome........should be a great weekend for sure :supz:

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:46 pm 

Thanks very much for posting this match information.

If anyone not on the Canadian Shooters email list would like a copy sent to them in "Word" format, please drop me a line. The registration page can be filled out using the word form, and emailed to me if you want to participate in the match.

I'll let those that have been there tell you how much of a good time this match is.

The more advanced notice I have, the easier it will be for me to plan for the meals each day and for the awards. Please let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 am 

Will anybody from BC be there?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:20 pm 

Old Van wrote:
Will anybody from BC be there?

No one has registered from out there yet, but we always hope someone will be making a trip this way and will be able to attend the Nationals or any of the matches. You could be the first. :)

So far for the Nationals, we have people that said they were coming from California, Tennessee. Michigan and Illinois as well as from Ontario. It is the locals that take a long time to let me know they will be attending. The ones from far away have to get travel plans etc., so they seem to register first.

So far, other than the match directors, we have three Ontario shooters and three out of country shooters committed to attend. I am hoping to get many more before long as it makes it very difficult to plan for meals and award when you have no idea how many will be attending.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:12 pm 

I'm shooting WFTF PCP for sure, unless my baby is born early.
In that case, put him/her down for hunter :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:07 pm 

Pumpmaster wrote:
I'm shooting WFTF PCP for sure, unless my baby is born early.
In that case, put him/her down for hunter :lol:

You are one of the three I have heard from. Others have stated on the forums that they will be there, so I put them on the list and will wait for confirmation of class, etc.

If anyone is trying to scrounge up the fee before they register, please realize that paying at the match is fine, I just want to know the number of shooters for the meals and the classes for the awards. These awards are much more expensive that the regular medals, so I need an accurate count before I order and I have to order more in advance due to the amount of work needed to make them up.

Investing hundreds of dollars and many hours of time is not a problem for me; not knowing if there is going to be a decent turnout is tough however. Last year the Nationals was one of our smallest matches of the season, in spite of the American shooters that came up to join us. This is a real head scratcher for me.

We'll see how it unfolds. I know I'll be there, even if I am alone. :wink:

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:50 pm 

Hi Guys

Not sure if any of you are renting a room for the CAFTA Nationals, but just in case I thought I would send this info your way.

I talked to the guy at the "Port Motel" and he said rooms are filling up fast for the second weekend in July, especially doubles.

The weekday rate for a room with one queen is $69.95, two doubles is $79.95 and $10 more for weekend nights. He said he would do a deal if there were a mixture of weekday and weekend nights. He has my name as the event organizer. Fri and Sat are his weekend nights.

You can reserve a room and on the 19th in Port see if there is somebody who wants to share the room. It is easy to cancel if you do not need it any more, but once they are all booked, you will have to get one of the "not as nice" places down the road from the Port Motel.

Motel Number is below:

Tel: 905-835-5202

Talk to you later.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm 

An update on the CAFTA Nationals

We have 23 shooters for Saturday and 22 shooters for Sunday. We have 12 Open PCP shooters, including five shooters coming up from the US. In the WFTF Division, we have four/three shooting PCP and three shooting Piston. We have two juniors coming and two adult hunters.

I will be dropping in to the awards place this week and going over the design for the plaques. I will find out when the latest time to order the plaques/awards will be.

We are at less than two weeks for anyone still making up their mind. Let me know as soon as you can please.

Thanks.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:53 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

There are no other scheduled match dates for more then a month after this one...
Get in on it folks, you're not likely going to regret getting out to this event and having a great time shooting... 8)

Cheers!