Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:12 pm 

Has anyone measured the O.D. of the barrel on the Umarex Steel Storm?? It seems the barrel can be swapped with that of a Crosman 2100..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:48 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Kinetic_Genius wrote:
Has anyone measured the O.D. of the barrel on the Umarex Steel Storm?? It seems the barrel can be swapped with that of a Crosman 2100..

O RLY?

I don't know, I sent mine back defective & then sent an email to Umarex asking them if they plan on ironing out the flaws & re-releasing the gun.

Please keep me posted, I will be getting a new Steel Storm in the future, probably 6 months or so to make sure the flaws have had a chance to get worked through after enough customer complaints.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:33 pm 

Just took the gun apart again and I measured the barrel.. The O.D. is 0.235", not quite sure if the Crosman 2100 barrel is the same but my guess it's larger! You can always reduce the O.D. but anyway the gun has plenty of power with it's stock 7.5" barrel and best of all the gun is not as loud as a Drozd! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:43 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Kinetic_Genius wrote:
Just took the gun apart again and I measured the barrel.. The O.D. is 0.235", not quite sure if the Crosman 2100 barrel is the same but my guess it's larger! You can always reduce the O.D. but anyway the gun has plenty of power with it's stock 7.5" barrel and best of all the gun is not as loud as a Drozd! 8)

If you replaced the barrel with a 12-15" barrel & went to 1k psi reg'd HPA.... I am quite sure there would be a performance boost. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:10 am 

has anyone found a barrel that would fit this thing yet? is there a replacement longer barrel available for it yet? I found the posts from JimC, but he doesnt answer E-Mails, and his design is an extension to the barrel covered by a mock suppressor.

Im not really that interested in an extension, But really would like to replace the barrel with a one piece longer one. Approx 14-16" in length, I would then use an airsoft suppressor to cover the longer barrel. Im sure I could get a big increase in FPS with a 16" barrel, and maybe better accuracy to boot. Im going to order the bulk air adapter from Pyramid Air when they are avail, and prolly use the 12 or 20 OZ. refillable co2 tank by Spyder. I have an Mp5 airsoft retractable stock attached to the SteelStorm, and it fits 100%, the width of the stock "arms" wrap around the steel storm perfectly as it is the perfect width, it retracts very nicely till it hits the selector. It works great for my son, who is eight, and needs to retract it to fit him.....

anyways, if there is a barrel out there that would do the job, i'd appreciate any info.... If not, i guess ill cut one off an old crossman .177 pellet/bb pumpmaster i have laying around here and lathe the end down to fit where i need it to....

thanks for now,
GiNNz!

---Edit---

Here's a couple pics of my Steel Storm with stock mod. Hope you like.

Attachments:
DSC_0543_320x213.JPG
DSC_0543_320x213.JPG [ 82.99 KiB | Viewed 4568 times ]
DSC_0536_320x213.JPG
DSC_0536_320x213.JPG [ 75.54 KiB | Viewed 4568 times ]
DSC_0535_320x213.JPG
DSC_0535_320x213.JPG [ 75.21 KiB | Viewed 4568 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:50 pm 

Kinetic_Genius wrote:

why would you want to put a rifled barrel in a gun that shoots BBS youll wreck the rifling and make it shoot worse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:18 pm 

airsmith282 wrote:
Kinetic_Genius wrote:

why would you want to put a rifled barrel in a gun that shoots BBS youll wreck the rifling and make it shoot worse

Be quiet!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:38 pm 

Mac wrote:
airsmith282 wrote:
Kinetic_Genius wrote:

Be quiet!

it was a valid quesiton,,,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:00 pm 

The old bb gun i have here is a Crossman PumpMaster 760..... i converted it to a pump action, propane powered bb gun MANY, Many years ago, heck, around 23 years ago. I found it at my parents place in the garage, stashed away! And the 'ol thing still works, but shows its age! SO, for myself i dont care about the rifling, its got a barrel that i can experiment on, so ill hack that puppy off and use it just to see how it works out....

I wonder what the ideal length would be to maximize the FPS from the stock Co2 setup? I guess i can go long, and shorten it up till i get the best results. For looks, im thinking 15" would be ideal, as the HK supressor shown would cover it up nicely. Now i'd just need to see what gain i get in velocity?

As far as the steel storm goes, im really impressed, as i was eying a Drodzd initially for a auto BB gun, but the price was a bit steep for what i wanted to pay for a toy. Then the Steel Storm came up, and with adding the stock and a Dot sight, its almost perfect for what i use it for! My Son likes to rip up empty pop cans with it as well! And, im not much of an animal killer anymore (i used to hunt ALOT, but over the years ive realized people are worse than animals, they just do their thing ;-)) But, in the fall here the squirrels try and get in the house for the winter, and a normal break open pellet gun typically bounces off the critters, while a six shot burst from the steel storm rips 'em up real good, and they fall straight out of the tree......good pest control!

Now, over the winter i plan on getting this thing to shoot way faster, harder, and hopefully more accurate as well!

any suggestions on a good replacement barre, other than what got here to play with?

Ginnz!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:50 am 

nothing? no one modified their steel storm barrel? unbelievable.....

anyways, i just dug the gun out and looked at it again. Im gonna figure something out as faras a different barrel. I plan on taking the old one out and replacing it entirely, not an extension. I'll try and add at least 10", Ill get an airsoft suppressor that fits right on the end and hides the extension.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:16 am 

ginnz wrote:
nothing? no one modified their steel storm barrel? unbelievable.....

anyways, i just dug the gun out and looked at it again. Im gonna figure something out as faras a different barrel. I plan on taking the old one out and replacing it entirely, not an extension. I'll try and add at least 10", Ill get an airsoft suppressor that fits right on the end and hides the extension.

It already exists. JimC innovations makes an extended barrel inside a fake silencer, he claims around 100fps improvement.
He also has a full-auto mod and bulk fill for it.

Personnally I'm waiting for the steel force, it's the same as the steel storm but it looks like an AR rifle.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:10 pm 

I just did the mod on my steel storm did a 18 barrel with suppressor i got an extra 60fps but iwas wondering Iif ishould gut barrel down any thoughts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:14 pm 

Sorry I meant to say steel force not storm I put an 1 inchbarrel with ssuppressor i cronie it and it shoot at 4 fps I was wanting to port valve any tips would help thx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:19 pm 

Canadamoose
If you are in Canada you can not have a supressor on a barrel.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:38 pm 

U can have suppressors i order it online it came threw the border your not allowed to have sillencers