Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:11 am
Posts: 56
oooo, I'd like to see the finished product with the barrel mod. So which barrel specifically should I be looking for if I wanted to do this as well? What sort of tools will I need and what is the procedure to install it? Where can I get the specific barrel I need?

I'm super interested in doing this to my Steel Force! :mrgreen:

Sorry for all the questions, I'm super new to the modding scene


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:02 pm
Posts: 12
I tried to put pics on but there to big where r u from I live in sarnia give me your cell number I can send u pics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 877
Location: North Of Toronto
You can use something along the lines of Crosman 760 bb barrel:-) That what I have to use.I paid 10 dollars for it, doesn't matter what the outside looks like..

_________________
Benjamin Discovery .22
Discovery 2240 Pistol .22
Crosman DPMS SBR
KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:11 am
Posts: 56
Canadianguy wrote:
You can use something along the lines of Crosman 760 bb barrel:-) That what I have to use.I paid 10 dollars for it, doesn't matter what the outside looks like..


Awesome. So how would I go about installing it? Is there welding required? Or is it just screw on or will it require some sort of internal modding?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:11 am
Posts: 56
canadamoose wrote:
I tried to put pics on but there to big where r u from I live in sarnia give me your cell number I can send u pics


Cool, are the pics showing how to install? Or just what it looks like?

Cheers,
Jared


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 3067
Location: Northern Ontario
Jared wrote:
Canadianguy wrote:
You can use something along the lines of Crosman 760 bb barrel:-) That what I have to use.I paid 10 dollars for it, doesn't matter what the outside looks like..


Awesome. So how would I go about installing it? Is there welding required? Or is it just screw on or will it require some sort of internal modding?


You would need to have the barrel machined down to the same OD. A c-clip holds it in.

_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:11 am
Posts: 56
paddyfritz wrote:
Jared wrote:
Canadianguy wrote:
You can use something along the lines of Crosman 760 bb barrel:-) That what I have to use.I paid 10 dollars for it, doesn't matter what the outside looks like..


Awesome. So how would I go about installing it? Is there welding required? Or is it just screw on or will it require some sort of internal modding?


You would need to have the barrel machined down to the same OD. A c-clip holds it in.


Thanks, paddyfritz =) but oh boy, that sounds like I'd need to have a special tool to do that, or know someone with something to do the job, but I don't. =( Guess I'm outta luck then. Thanks for explaining though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 3067
Location: Northern Ontario
Got a Daisy 880 barrel. Its about 7.5mm OD. Will need to turn it down a bit.
We post results when I get around to fitting it.

_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:11 am
Posts: 56
paddyfritz wrote:
Got a Daisy 880 barrel. Its about 7.5mm OD. Will need to turn it down a bit.
We post results when I get around to fitting it.


Awesome! I look forward to seeing the pics =)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO