Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 pm 

Hello

I just got a Diana 54 and I am looking forward to August 14th. Never done FT before so I am also looking for some friendly guidance once I get there. I have been through regulations so I think I am good on that topic?
I take criticism well and I do have a sense of humor (so I have been told).
Please contact me if you feel like helping a rookie. I am in GTA

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:04 pm 

well you did good on your first step which was choosing a rifle.. The 54 is a real beauty and it's a springer 8) As for shooting technique, just practise.. I'm sure you'll learn a bunch of tips from the experienced guys when attending the matches. Talk to Windbag(Bill) if he's there, he has a 54 and he knows a thing or two about shooting and setting them up, pellet choice etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:41 am 

Thanks for the response - looking forward to the 14th

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:21 am 

sucks to be me.. i have an exam on that day

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:36 am 

and sucks to be me too - found out that I have to travel next week and will not make it back till Sunday - is the club open any other time for the public ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:58 am 

I'm not much help but I like this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sa7ODrtWMY

Blow ye winds like the trumpets blow. But without that sound!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:02 pm 

sjb2000k wrote:
and sucks to be me too - found out that I have to travel next week and will not make it back till Sunday - is the club open any other time for the public ?

The Port matches take place at a Conservation Club that allows us to hold matches there. Other than matches, the club is not open to public shooting. Members can use the grounds as long as it does not interfere with a club activity.

For the Toronto and surrounding areas, the Waterdown Club would seem like a good choice for outdoor shooting. If I was in the area, I would join the Burlington Club as they have a 50+ yard INDOOR range, which is awesome for sighting in a gun and checking your scope chart.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 pm 

[quote="Mac"]
The Port matches take place at a Conservation Club that allows us to hold matches there. Other than matches, the club is not open to public shooting. Members can use the grounds as long as it does not interfere with a club activity.

quote]

Tim do they still shoot trap at the port club? I Never hear anybody talking about that club anywhere.. I wouldn't mind coming out for a few rounds of trap.. I have my club just down my road that I can shoot at but a change of scenery isn't bad.. I was working right across the street from your place last week, I was going to walk over and shoot the litter with you for a few mins but you had vanished from the front..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:20 pm 

Check here Pete.

http://www.pcdcc.com/

Click on "Shooting Sports"

They shoot the second and fourth Sundays of the month. All the details are in the ad on the website.

You should have popped over. I do not stay in one place very long; I like to keep busy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:08 pm 

thanks Tim, i'll check it out..

I would have stopped over but I was in over my head trying to finish up an A/C unit+ Hot water tank and a gasline over there.. it was a long day.. I'll be down there again soon, if I see you outside I'll stop by for a few..