Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:02 pm 

Do you have to pre register in order to participate at Port Colborne Aug 14 or can I just show up and take care of the details on site. This will be my first time shooting at an event like this, any info would be appreciated.
Shoes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:17 pm 

You just have to show up, and everything will be taken care of - and, with this being your first time out to a match at the PCFT club, you shoot for free. :D
You're sure to have a great time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:37 pm 

Thats great! I'm really looking forward to the event and meeting other shooters.
Shoes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:05 pm 

I'm so nervous, I'm sure I will shoot horribly, but I hope it will be fun all the same. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:05 am 

don't be nervous, most of the guys are alright,they'll help you out if you need it. Try and get paired up with somebody experienced and watch them, you'll learn a thing or two.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:55 am 

We will look forward to meeting you there!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:16 am 

Great to see two new shooters coming to this match!
As said earlier, your first match is free, and you'll be paired up with somebody more experienced to help you through the match.
Don't worry though, the matches are very laid back and relaxed with plenty of time to learn and ask questions.
Get there early and do some shooting on the warm up range. That will give you a chance to relax and meet a few of the guys. I've also heard warming up helps improve your scores :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:17 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

No worries, just come out and enjoy a day of shooting and socializing...
Even when scores aren't as high as you'd like, it hard not to smile and think, that was just a whole lot of FUN!!!!.. When can I do this agian?... :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:59 pm 

Shoes and Nick, I am going to assume you will be shooting in the Hunter Division and put your names on the list.

Don't worry about score, just think of learning and having fun. The scores will get better fast. You will be better by the end of the match than you were at the beginning and that is not an exaggeration.

See you there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:18 pm 

Thats right Mac, HFT for me please. I'll be heading out Saturday morning from Cobourg, Ont. Approx how long is the drive? I putter along at 100km/hr or less, usually less.
Shoes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:36 pm 

According to google 3 hrs 11 minutes although I usually find their estimates quite generous. ( I hope your an early riser)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:50 pm 

Haha, yes considering the travel time you mentioned I plan on leaving around 3:30am and arrive around 7 to 7:30am. I would imagine people bring picnic lunches, snacks and such for a days outting. Will there be any equipment vendors there?
Shoes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:12 pm 

Gates open at 8:00AM and sight in range does not open until after 9:00AM. You could get yourself another hours sleep. :)

Yes, folks usually bring their own snacks or lunches.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:29 am 

TUF-Shoes wrote:
Will there be any equipment vendors there?

For this match there will be a "gear swap" afterwards where you could buy/sell airgun related items.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:04 pm 

T.S. & B.B. - Great to hear that you fellows are gettin' out for a first match. I remember a first match at waterloo club, the first Hunter match in Canada, & I was as new as my friend that I competed with.
After that, there was no looking back. Nobody has to ask if I will attend a match, - It would take travel or family to keep me from the fun ever since.

I think I scored just over 60/120 my first time, came in second of two, but was hooked on that day for sure. The rest is history, as they say, but the day of social activity & fun will last forever.

Bring all that you would take out for a day hunting in the bush. They have 4'x4' gravelly shooting 'boxes?' but you might want a pad, or bum-bag or other to put down to sit on. - Bug-repellant, snack/lunch, sunscreen etc. is up to you, but it can easily turn into a pretty full day, half on range & half in the bush.

After the shooting, there is usually an award meeting, now there's a swap meet thing, & sometimes extra shooting on the sight-range & sometimes an informal supper at some local spot by some members. Now that could become a long day if one had twice the time I take- like you, say.

Go for the extra sleep as Mac suggested, don't drink as much coffee as me pre-match, & you'll do just fine. A great day to play things by ear.

I look forward to meeting both of you there this weekend.

hope the info is a help, - P.K.