Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 pm 

Coffee... Did you say you I coffee? I don't remember us drinkig much coffee after the nationals :-)

but seriously you are right there is so much more to FT than the match. All the regulars look forwards with superb enthusiasm and the newcomer rarely fail to return.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:59 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Pumpmaster wrote:
TUF-Shoes wrote:
Will there be any equipment vendors there?

For this match there will be a "gear swap" afterwards where you could buy/sell airgun related items.

A note on the "gear swap" or buy/sell items topic.. If anyone is looking for a specific target that I may have, let me know what it is and I'll bring it with me...

Haven't shot outdoors for almost a month now, can't wait to get out there.. :supz:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:16 pm 

Well I am slightly less nervous now, I've been doing a bit of informal practice, and it looks like since I'll probably be shooting HFT and have a buddy to work with it will be a lot less pressure. :) I just wish it wasn't so far away! I've also decided I'm going to try with my 2289 instead of my slavia. I'll take the extra power and sacrifice the smaller caliber.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:25 pm 

also, forgot to say how excited I am to meet everyone! I already had the pleasure of meeting a few of you at waterdown, so i can't wait to put some more names to faces :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:50 am 

backyard blaster wrote:
Well I am slightly less nervous now

Hopefully you'll be back on here telling everyone else there's nothing to be nervous about. Just a bunch of like minded people shooting in the forest.
backyard blaster wrote:
I already had the pleasure of meeting a few of you at waterdown...

I can't make the match but yes, I did have the pleasure of falling over your rifles I believe...sorry 'bout that... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:55 am 

windbag wrote:
I can't make the match but yes, I did have the pleasure of falling over your rifles I believe...sorry 'bout that... :wink:

aha don't worry about it, less that 20$ invested in that whole pile, project guns are nothing to cry about :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:01 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Here's a short video of Tuf-shoes and I taking a few shots...
keep in mind he's shooting a <500 rifle in .22CAL no-less... He and I were partnered up for the day and I watched him take targets down at 40+ yards.. :shock:
Way to go new guy!... 8)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ExoticWoody ... wPq5AJ7Axs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:50 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Great video!

It looks like it was a fabulous day yesterday, I wish I was able to make it out! :tonqe:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:45 am 

Parker_101_ wrote:
Here's a short video of Tuf-shoes and I taking a few shots...
keep in mind he's shooting a <500 rifle in .22CAL no-less... He and I were partnered up for the day and I watched him take targets down at 40+ yards.. :shock:
Way to go new guy!... 8)

Well done, Tuf-shoes !!!
Also worthy of note, is that Tuf-shoes shot the entire match from a standing offhand position - gotta' respect that. 8)
TMK, there have only been a very few individuals that have ever tried this at a regular match, and Parker_101 was among these hardy few.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:43 am 

Suprmatic wrote:
Also worthy of note, is that Tuf-shoes shot the entire match from a standing offhand position - gotta' respect that. 8)
B'ah! That's not true...I actually saw the lazy guy laying down for a few of his shots :shock: :lol: Looked like he had a great time at his first match, I'm sure we're gonna see him out there a LOT more!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:04 am 

Hahaha, yes I did try a few laying down and sitting, kneeling but I'm really not use to these positions and it was painful just trying them out. Here at home all I ever shoot is standing off hand.
Well here it is Monday already and I've been back from the match a day and a half. I am just now caught up on my sleep as I had very little sleep the night before driving down to Port Colbourne ( you know, the excitement and all). Then there was the 7 hours total driving time plus the intense concentration during the match, Ha Ha, thank God I have a short attention span as it allows me to totally rest between shots. What a Great day I had! It was more than I had anticipated. Wonderful to meet those that have I have been corresponding with on the forum. Everyone was polite, approachable and willing to help, a great gang to spend time with. I was partnered up with Parker_101 and he was very patient and informative. There was a real good mix of people sharing a similar interest and the club facilities were excellent. I love the shooting course winding through the forest. My favorite targets were at the pond.
I'm looking forward to getting out again and seeing if I can beat my score (which I was happy with), only next time I'll be better prepared now that I know what to expect (lets see now...bum bag, insect repellent, tape to cover range wheel, shooting stick, bi-pod....etc,etc,etc). So thanks to everyone for a wonderful time.
Shoes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:46 pm 

Great piece of video, and some good shooting there. We will look forward to seeing you out at many more matches in the future!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:55 pm 

Pumpmaster wrote:
Suprmatic wrote:
B'ah! That's not true...I actually saw the lazy guy laying down for a few of his shots :shock: :lol: Looked like he had a great time at his first match, I'm sure we're gonna see him out there a LOT more!

Say what? :oops: I stand corrected.
Please disregard earlier comment about respect for Tuf-shoes.......... :P :lol: :lol:
I suppose he should still get some recognition for driving the farthest for the match though...... :wink: .
Glad you had a great time, Tuf-shoes. :D