Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:52 pm 

I have too much time on my hands. :oops: ..I was perusing another forum and found a thread pertaining to getting US suppliers to ship airguns and related equipment internationally. I found a link to this site http://www.airgunexporter.com/index.html which looks intriguing. If anyone is brave enough to try it, let us know how it works.

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:54 pm 

Any confirmation from Pyramid Air that they know who these people are? That would be amazing if it is all "legit" :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:26 am 

jgoodz420 wrote:
Any confirmation from Pyramid Air that they know who these people are? That would be amazing if it is all "legit" :lol:

Fired off an email asking. We shall soon find out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:41 am 

Quote:
Via Holcombe Trading you will get the same deal as if you purchased from Pyramydair,

I don't think they are dealing with Pyramydair just price matching. Still good luck getting a Marauder across the border.

Jeff.

Make a fast friend. Adopt a greyhound.
WAGG. Waterloo Area Greyhound Group.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:01 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Pyramyd will sell to anyone with a US address- how legitimate they are or aren't is not their problem- as long as they pay the bills to Pyramyd and don't indicate they are violating any laws- why would Pyramyd know or care what the other entity is doing?

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:01 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

The easies thing to do is have it item shipped to Buffalo or whatever US city is nearest you and then go get it yourself.
I've done this many times.

OR

Convince the seller to ship it directly to you in Canada, just register it first online, and email the seller the .pdf of the registration, which you download from the CFC site.
I have also done this many times as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 pm 

Being Dutch I can't order from the Crosman Custom Store.

Airgunexporter took care of my order and can be trusted.

Don't see Canadian related customer feedback on his (Vincent's) website, you'd have to ask if he can export to Canada.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:33 pm 

How does this work for PAL items? Do you have to send him a copy of your PAL card or to canadian customs?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:47 pm 

Daverino wrote:
How does this work for PAL items? Do you have to send him a copy of your PAL card or to canadian customs?

I inquired about this. Vincent said he has only dealt in non-PAL airguns to Canada thus far and said it was up to me to find out.
I called the RCMP this morning and they said I needed...

1) Make, Model, Serial# and barrel length
2) Call the RCMP with above info and they verify it.
3) Once it is verified, you can register it to your name online
4) Then you need an import permit filed 3 weeks prior to the import

Sounds like a huge pain in the rear. That means the exporter will have to physically have the gun before he can pass along the serial# to get it verified. If it doesn't get verified? meaning the gun doesn't meet import regulations. Even if it gets verified, you have a 3 week wait for import permit to get completed before the exporter can ship it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:40 am 
Supporting Member 2009

idontknowjack wrote:
Daverino wrote:

I inquired about this. Vincent said he has only dealt in non-PAL airguns to Canada thus far and said it was up to me to find out.
I called the RCMP this morning and they said I needed...

1) Make, Model, Serial# and barrel length
2) Call the RCMP with above info and they verify it.
3) Once it is verified, you can register it to your name online
4) Then you need an import permit filed 3 weeks prior to the import

Sounds like a huge pain in the rear. That means the exporter will have to physically have the gun before he can pass along the serial# to get it verified. If it doesn't get verified? meaning the gun doesn't meet import regulations. Even if it gets verified, you have a 3 week wait for import permit to get completed before the exporter can ship it.

Then you hit the next problem- very few couriers will carry any sort of "gun"- non-firearm or otherwise- i.e. Fedex- No, UPS- No, can't say for some of the others. They don't want their trucks getting stopped at the border to unload one box indicating any sort of "gun" that gets the border guys uptight and holding up the entire truckload for hours.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.