Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 am 

Is anyone going to have anything for sale ? Mr Marvin, Sniper or anybody else ? I will more than likley be there with my two boys. But just to watch.

Jeff.

Make a fast friend. Adopt a greyhound.
WAGG. Waterloo Area Greyhound Group.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:23 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Dont tell my wife wrote:
Is anyone going to have anything for sale ? Mr Marvin, Sniper or anybody else ? I will more than likley be there with my two boys. But just to watch.

Jeff.

How old are you kids? If they're old enough to shoot, I'll bring a rifle that they can share, and you can supervise them.

Plus they shoot for free.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:46 pm 

could I possibly buy a few fills from someone tomorrow? I ran low on air of course, the gun uses the slotted AA fitting, not QD......

Thank You,

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:52 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
could I possibly buy a few fills from someone tomorrow? I ran low on air of course, the gun uses the slotted AA fitting, not QD......

Thank You,

I have the AA filler with a male Foster connected, but I barely have enough air to fill my gun. I am sure there will be someone there with a full tank. Not to worry.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I'll have my tank, with all the adapters, and it has plenty of air in it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:16 pm 

pirellip wrote:
I'll have my tank, with all the adapters, and it has plenty of air in it.

Perfect, thanks a lot....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm 

Thanks to Tom and Tim and all the organizers, we had a great time. We will be back.

Jeff, Noah & Reid.

Make a fast friend. Adopt a greyhound.
WAGG. Waterloo Area Greyhound Group.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:53 am 

For a first crack at an indoor FT match, I think it went really well. Going over our time was the only real concern and when the next one happens, there will be more time set aside for the match and an earlier start. It certainly is a social event since we are in a fairly confined space compared to outdoors, but I did not find that a negative. The shooters had lots of space to shoot sitting or prone and that is the important consideration. Since this match was very successful and they only tend to get better, I would say the future of indoor FT at Burlington looks really good.

Due to the windless conditions, there were certainly some targets set out that required some real concentration to say the least. I found the match and the whole experience really enjoyable. Ten or eleven of use headed over to Tim Horton's after the clean-up for some food and conversation. Canadian Plinker and his Mom came out with us and it was a real pleasure to meet and get to know both of them. Jeff, with his sons, Reid and Noah were also very welcome additions to the growing FT community. Seeing these young shooters enjoying themselves and leaning to shoot safely is a very satisfying experience.

Many thanks to Don, Tom and John for hosting this great indoor event, a first of its kind, at least in Canada. I am already looking forward to the next time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:33 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

That was a fun match. It was indeed nice to see new shooters come out and enjoy a day of FT indoor shooting... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:39 pm 

I thoroughly enjoyed the day! It was great meeting everyone and getting some match experience. I hope to get out next time and beat my last score. Thanks to all the organizers and especially my patient partner canshooter! :D