Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:15 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

For those not yet on the Canadian Shooters Email List, here's the latest info for the next up coming FT match in Southern Ontario...

The Port Colborne FT Club is going to bump the date of the Annual Elmer Fudd Hunter match up by a month. It will be on Saturday, October 2, 2010 and will be the last scheduled event of this season at the Port Club.
The format will be all hunter style with all applicable rules, the same as usual, but all guns must be non-pal guns. A pal gun that has the power turned down to sub pal levels cannot be used. Also, just because a gun is not registered a gun does not necessarily make it a non-pal gun. Guns specifically designated for the Canadian market as non-pal and guns shooting below the maximum pal energy and velocity levels that have never had an FRT number are acceptable.
Because some may not have a rifle that meets these criteria, we will also allow the use of pistols that meet the rules for Pistol Field target. You may shoot it as a pistol in a Pistol Division, or you may choose to put a rifle stock on it and shoot it as a carbine rifle. Classes for pistol will be determined by the number of entries we have in each category. If we have three or more entrants in a particular class we will separate that class and have an award for it. So there is a possibility of five classes in total. For Hunter Division rifle, we will separate iron sights from scoped guns if we have at least three of each. The same would be true in Pistol Division for iron sights, red dots and scoped guns
We will have a 60 or 68 shot match on 15 or 17 lanes. The maximum distance will be 35 yards and the minimum 10 yards. No kill zone will be smaller than one inch. All scoring will be done with two points for a knock down, one point for a target hit and zero for a complete miss of the target.
After the match, while scores are being tallied, we will have chili and Italian break for all competitors. There will also be hot drinks available as well as water. Non-competitor meals will be $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for children.
The match fee will be $20 for adults, $10 for juniors and a $40 maximum for a family.
Please let me know as soon a possible if you will be able to attend and what division/class you intend to compete in. Classes and awards will be determined on the morning of Wednesday, September 29th. If you cannot attend, that information is very helpful to me as well, so I am not waiting until the last moment to see if you will be attending.
Thanks and I hope to see many of you there.
Tim MacSweyn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 pm 

FUDD lll - Bring yer huntin' caps & wear 'em with pride, we're after wascally wabbits & daffy ducks at this match. :wink:

Field Target shooting fun is guaranteed, & everybody shooting under 500 fps should really come out & have a blast at this match, cuz we are suddenly limited to that exact restriction.... So if you were undecided, just bring it out & have fun.

Otherwise .....

... Perhaps we need a new category heading for FT sport in CANADA, ....... ALONE ........ amongst ALL of the other Nations that have no problem with the sport in their countries where several dedicated Canadian competitors continue to compete; - we seem to be the only ones coerced into depositing our national pride at the door in favor of the uneducated few who are seemingly only dedicated to keeping our free nation " UNLIKE" the "STATES".
What a misguided sense of effort to affect ones political ear-bending upon.
There is absolutely nothing wrong, & everything otherwise positive in considering the concept of emulating our neighbor to the south by being an "Armed And Ready Populace."

Try to defend yourself without calling 911 OR your M.P. :roll:

Hopefully this <500 thing will not become the norm for FT in our country, but ANY Pea-Shooter will be fine for the FUDD this year so I'm just gonna encourage everybody to come out & experience the thing & help us make a statement for target shooting sport in CANADA.
:!: :!:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:38 am 

Anyone else thinking about shooting this match offhand with a scoped rifle? With the KZ sizes no smaller then 1" and distances no farther then 35 yards, this would be an ideal and fun match to have a go at it....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:51 am 

I am considering shooting my pistol standing with a two hand hold and just the regular open sights. This match for me is more about the fun factor. I will be shooting a side match like this at the US Nationals, so I figured it would be good practice as well as being fun.

I will keep you up to date on what classes are filling up. Right now in rifle, we have four for scoped rifle and one for open match sights. So far, I am the only pistol shooter. I have yet to hear from the juniors and most of the adult regulars. Some folks have said they will be there, but have not confirmed a shooting class yet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:12 pm 

Hi guys,
I would love to, and the sub-PAL thing would be perfect for me, but it's looking like a no for me at the moment :cry: :cry:
Any other matches after this one before the snow starts falling?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:40 pm 

Hi everyone,

I'll be at the Elmer Fudd tornament this coming October! It will be kinda interesting to see how the sub 500fps rifles/pistols do at this match, especially with KZ of an 1" and bigger... :) I forsee a couple of "tie-breaking" matches during that day.

Hope everyone can come out to play! :D

Take care,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:52 pm 

I haven't heard the result of the long-gun vote yet, today, but I'm holding my breath & hoping that sense overrides customary politics in this instance.

As i keep my fingers crossed.

I just wanted to add that suddenly I CAN attend the FUDD this year, & look forward to it. Everybody shoots Hunter Division, and this year it's under 500 fps. :rolleyes:

I think the 1377 PFT pumper is in order this time around, & I'll slap the "Backpacker" stock on it for a little stability.
A 4x32 crosman scope, some .177 jsb's & we're good to go.

The weather is still great & almost no pesky bugs, so almost no reason NOT to show up. :D

Great to see any of you THERE !!! :supz:

Timing ........ It was fun shooting with you NIGHTHAWK, - See you there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:32 pm 

Canadian Plinker wrote:
Hi guys,
I would love to, and the sub-PAL thing would be perfect for me, but it's looking like a no for me at the moment :cry: :cry:

That depends on when the snow starts falling. :o There may be another one at Burlington and we will announce it here and in email when things are finalized.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:14 am 

Mac wrote:
Canadian Plinker wrote:
Hi guys,

That depends on when the snow starts falling. :o There may be another one at Burlington and we will announce it here and in email when things are finalized.

OK thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:54 pm 

What time does the match start? shooter meeting?

I may just be blind, but I can't seem to find the start time.........

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:41 pm 

Update!....

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0552

"This forecast is what I have been following for the last couple of days. Rain and 11 degrees would not be real good. I postponed ordering the awards until tomorrow morning to have a clearer picture of what the weather will be like on Saturday.

I have my first cold I have had for five years and it seems like it is making up for the years it missed. I probably will not be out to the club until Saturday morning if the match is a go. That should not be a problem; I am fairly sure the lanes will be in decent shape. The path will be muddy for sure, but for an October match, that is pretty well expected.

I will email tomorrow to let you know the status of the match. It would be a long way for some people to drive if all they get is chili and Italian bread."

Tim MacSweyn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:11 am 

Update!...

"The forecast has improved once again for Saturday and now there is only a chance of scattered showers with 15 kph wind. That seems good to me. The temperature is going to be lower than it has been the last few days, but 12 degrees isn't bad. Friday looks like a dry day, so at least the shooting boxed should be dried up.

So I will order the awards this morning and we will have the match on Saturday.

Make sure you have good footwear as the trail will no doubt be muddy in a few areas. Those of you setting targets will definitely need waterproof boots in the bush. I should be there by 8:00 AM, so anytime after that is good.

Tim MacSweyn"

That's good news Tim, I'm looking forward to getting out with the D24 on Saturday....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:22 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
What time does the match start? shooter meeting?

I may just be blind, but I can't seem to find the start time.........

Here you go...

"For the regular 60 shot matches, the following agenda will be followed unless unforeseen circumstances cause us to alter it on match day.

8:00 AM Gates will be open and sight-in range will be set up as quickly as possible and sighting in will start.

8:00 – 10:00 AM Those responsible for lanes will be setting out the course and may require a short cease fire on the sight in range to set up a couple lanes.

10:45 AM Sight in range closes and shooter’s meeting will be held

11:00 AM Match will start

Unless there are special circumstances, there will be a short break after five lanes or thirty shots for a drink, a bite to eat and to fill the pcp guns. A fifteen minute break should be adequate. After the break, the remaining five lanes will be shot and the match should be done by approximately 3:00 PM. Once everyone is finished, scores will be tallied and awards presented. The classes and number of awards will be determined on Wednesday morning before the match by the number of shooters that confirm they will attend. Once awards are presented, we will be pulling up the targets and would appreciate any help you can offer. Hope to see you there. "

Tim MacSweyn, Dennis Eden and Chris Nicholson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:28 am 

Just added a video slide show of the event to the youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/ExoticWoody ... zMeDogMJLs

Fun Outdoor Activities at the Fudd... http://www.youtube.com/user/ExoticWoody ... 0Q8eSehjNI

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:06 pm 

What an amazing day!!!

My brothers and I had a great time, and it sounds like they will be coming again...Thanks again to everyone