Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:28 am 

twister wrote:
barbas929 wrote:
Ace wrote:
thats a beauty steelhead mangerover. 8)
Nice Muskie Steve and by the way pickerel and walleye are two deferent fish :wink:

lol....Americano's EH
nice salmaon Mario,can't remember the last time i've tried for them or trout...got to be 25yrs or more now
Have a place up in the kawarthas on bass lake road off 36 that the family enjoys every summer and xmas...nothin special but it's tucked away with no neighbours other than the black bears lol
We should try to get up there sometime together and do some fishin and shootin...i swear to you that the muskie in nogie's creek where the cottage is are so agressive that they will follow and strike your paddle in the canoe...lmao just ask my wife lol

I know Bass lake very well.My grandmother was born at nogies creek.We had a trailer at bellhaven for years and my family is from there.I was thinking of looking for an area to shoot up bass lake,maybe somewhere by the trails.Got any suggestions ?
A long time ago we used to get muskie up there but not with fishing poles :wink:

I've takin the trail from the 1st steel bridge on bass lake road in a few hundred meters and there is a nice clearing that is used by others with mostly shotguns as you'll see the old pots etc etc hangin from trees and standing on trunks and theres no worry of a stray pellet doing any damage as the trees are really thick in there along with the deer flies and mosquitos lol
you'll see a good sized area to park and the trail opening is clearly marked...that trail will take you to Quebec if youre up for a hike lol

Walther Falcon .25
Benji XL 1100

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:22 am 

Plinkercases wrote:
How quickly the rogues gallery can turn into fish stories! good ones though and at least you guys are posting pictures to prove you caught them!

I will post pics of fish too lol!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:54 pm 

Thanks Barbas.I know the spot well.My son and i spent many hours on those trails.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:57 pm 

Now that we are done with fish tales.

How about some Dealer mug shots ? We know Mr Marvin isn't shy. How about our #1 dealer AirGunEric ? Step up to the plate Eric ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:27 pm 

CO2retired wrote:
Now that we are done with fish tales.

How about some Dealer mug shots ? We know Mr Marvin isn't shy. How about our #1 dealer AirGunEric ? Step up to the plate Eric ?

Hmmm...can not seem to find your"mug shot"

Walther Falcon .25
Benji XL 1100

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:08 pm 

Here I am sitting on a Ducks Unlimited hassock.

Attachments:
GetAttachment.jpg
GetAttachment.jpg [ 8.15 KiB | Viewed 4953 times ]

Last edited by HarryEClark on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:09 pm 

Sorry about that, but I have no fish tales yet. Very few lakes in my area.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:09 pm 

There you are Harry sitting in great chair with a great gun grinning like the cat that ate the canary!!

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:22 pm 

Plinkercases wrote:
There you are Harry sitting in great chair with a great gun grinning like the cat that ate the canary!!

Yup, grinning away, I couldn't help it!
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:28 pm 

This thread popped up again eh? Oh well, guess I can contribute a grainy webcam selfie at least. Don't feel all that photogenic, ever, so this is all you're gonna get. The window by my workshop desk is on my left so the 27-stitch scar across the right side of my face doesn't show up I guess. Car door about 20 years ago while riding hard up Main Street, trying to get to Lee Valley Tools before closing as I had a violin to finish restoring the next morning and was out of a couple of related supplies. Never made it to Lee Valley dang it. Bled all over the tux of the limo driver idiot who threw the door open, leaving me no choice but to hit the door edge or end up under the bus on my left.
Attachment:
selfie.jpg
selfie.jpg [ 40.54 KiB | Viewed 4933 times ]

As for fishing, those days are behind me. Started trending toward being vegetarian when I was 17, though it took until 20 before I stopped eating animals of any sort. Though for the record I might as well include a contact strip from a large format negative showing me, my dad, and the old Royal Hudson train going by - shot these on a 1933 Kodak folding camera on the last fishing outing I took, back in 1981 or 82 I think. My dad called up and wanted to go fishing up by Lion's Bay with his Frontiersman canoe. He almost tipped us into the drink when he got excited about a nibble and stood up. He wasn't much of a fishing trip sort of guy for the most part, though he grew up diving for his dinner on the Dalmatian coast and spent some time living in a grass shack in Bermuda in the 60's, diving for lobster and conch. I caught the only fish that day, this wee little rock cod. I was already off red meat and not eating a lot of fish any more. I cleaned and cooked the little guy for my mom.
Attachment:
Dad_and_me_fishing-Lions_Bay_1982.jpg
Dad_and_me_fishing-Lions_Bay_1982.jpg [ 73.35 KiB | Viewed 4933 times ]

The beard is weird. I've got one going now since December, just go lazy about shaving I guess. Last time for that was 15 years ago, the time before that was age 19 when my dad snapped this old picture. Surprising to see so many beards on this Rogue thread. Operator I guess? ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:56 pm 
Supporting Members

I thought I put one up already.......guess not :mrgreen:

Attachments:
604082_10200156365978490_2080306394_n.jpg
604082_10200156365978490_2080306394_n.jpg [ 46.75 KiB | Viewed 4912 times ]

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:02 pm 

Gerard! You are one scary lookin' Dude!
Nice photos of you as a young adult!

Thanks for sharing with all of us!!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:08 pm 

Scary? Nah. I'm a big softie. But I gather from certain comments from family and friends over the years that my outward appearance can be a bit harsh. My inner Slav I guess....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:10 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
Scary? Nah. I'm a big softie. But I gather from certain comments from family and friends over the years that my outward appearance can be a bit harsh. My inner Slav I guess....

Same as me. Big scary Viking with dark hair.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:29 pm 

Here's a picture of me at an earlier FT event at Mission. Gerard took it of me and posted it on the site but others may not have seen it.

More to come....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6