Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:19 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

For those not yet on the Canadian Shooters Email List, here are the details for the next scheduled matched...

"Hi Folks

I thought I would give everyone a heads up that we will be having another sub-500fps match at Port on Saturday, November 6th if weather permits. I will be sending details later, but I thought this notice may give people time to get a sub-500 rig set up for the match. It will be a FT match with all five classes with respect to hold improvement. Power limit is not a concern since it is a sub-500 match. Talk to you later

Tim MacSweyn"

Watch for match info coming out from the CAFTA website.... www.CAFTA.ftcentral.ca

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:33 am 

Update! ... Click here for Details...

I'm looking forward to this one, but still haven't decided on which division to shoot in...

Thanks for the update Tim ..

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:22 pm 

Does anyone going to this match have one of the tiny breech screws for a 1377 w/SBK? Mine stripped and now the pellets fall in that hole when I try to load it.......

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm 

Hey we missed out there Joel, hope to see you out in December for the Burlington match...

That was a whole lot of fun yesterday... Thanks to all who made that match a hoot to shoot.... 8)

Here's a video clip I put together from yesterdays outing ... Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ExoticWoody ... VFWFFABQsY

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:43 pm 

Excellent video !!!!
Yesterday was truly a blast.
It was a bit nippy when the sun was hidden by the clouds, but considering what some of the weather forecasts had called for, we lucked out big time with a simply glorious day to be out in the bush. And that hot chocolate certainly hit the spot after the match.
A big "well done" to the MDs, and all the others that make these matches happen. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:23 pm 

It definitely was a nippy day yesterday! Not a weather for CO2 but still has a blast! :D

Thanks Parker_101_ for the videos and shots of my Walther lever action rifle! Just goes to show you "anything goes" with a match classified for sub 500fps! Love that rifle!

But you didn't get a video of me hitting that "bird" target twice in lane 3, the standing lane! :lol: I still don't believe I got it twice! Definitely need a video of it! :lol:

I hope to see more of us at the next match in Burlington. Especially you, Harbinger! Come on and bring along your RWS Hammerli 850 Air magnum .177 on HPA. Let's see how it does on at 55 yards! The Burlington match will be a full power (up to 20 ft/lbs) match so your 850 mag will do great. Hope to see you there!

Take care everyone,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:55 pm 

For those not yet on the Canadian Shooters List, the writeup, match results & photos from this last match can be found on the CAFTA website

Thanks Tim!...

Cheers!