Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:45 am 

junt wrote:
...I was initially looking at Benjamin Marauder but found out due to it's shrouded barrel is not legal in Canada. The Discovery was also tempting but I think it would be too loud.

Both are great choices. I have a Marauder and a Discovery. The Marauder has the shroud (legal), but no baffles in it (that's the no-no part, although they're easy enough to buy elsewhere and install if you are feeling lucky. Personally, I have no need). Mine is tuned to a very low fill pressure and is very quiet. My Discovery is as it came tuned from factory and is also very quiet. Both are in .22 and both are extremely accurate. For your first PCP, I would highly recommend either and each has their benefits/drawbacks. Marauder is a repeater, but very heavy/clunky and can't really fill with a hand pump. The Discovery is much lighter and handy, can fill with a hand pump but is a single shot.

All that said, I have nothing to compare to on noise levels and I don't think there are any PCP air guns that are high density residential/backward friendly. They may not be too loud, but still noticeable over the fence and if just one Liberal sees you and calls the police you are screwed.

BTW... there's a very nice looking Disco package for sale here. Would be a great ready to go package, in your budget range. Beauty gun, scope and hand pump. Done and done. 8)
topic75693.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:00 am 

I would image the OP has already bought something seeing the post was from 2010. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:23 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
I would image the OP has already bought something seeing the post was from 2010. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:12 pm 

I have a discovery in .22 with a TKO "muzzle brake". Quiet.
With jsb 18.13 pellets it's a tack driver. I changed the hammer spring and made my own RVA. 29 foot pounds.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:48 am 

I just bought a Benjamin Marauder in .177 and it's practically silent. The newest version is a tack driver with very little sound. I'm getting around 90 shots a charge out of it.

Benjamin-Armada .25
Marauder .177
Trail NP .22
Classic .22
Legends Jim Shockey .22
Phantom 1000 .22 & .177
Nitro Venom Dusk .22
TR77 .177
Optimus .177
Vanguard .177