Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:57 pm 

bluemoon wrote:
I just got home from the Sat shoot south of Olds. What a great day. It has been a long time since I felt like a kid and had so much fun. What a great bunch of guys. I want to send a very sincere "THANK YOU" to all who had a part in the organization of the day. It was a fantastic job you did and there aren't enough words to say thank you. Your hard work is greatly appreciated. after reviewing my shooting during the day I am sure I only hit one target (the wall behind the targets) but did I ever have fun. It was worth it to just see all the fine guns and meet the great guys that were there. Thank you for allowing this old guy to act like a kid again. It was a day to remember. Thank you.

I guess X4 or 5 is for me! :mrgreen:

great time, I very much enjoyed the opportunity to oogle everyone's toys, unfortunately I'll really bummed that no one misplaced a certain S410 with my junk. :(

the pistol range was very enjoyable, I think the FT targets took especially heavy fire even that tough old buzzard that wouldn't go down! :D

I think the black gun guys might have taken the kids in the candy store trophy! :mrgreen:

great fun, thanks to everyone! now I'm off to the fridge and to hell with unpacking the porch! :drinkers:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:42 pm 

RE: The Alamo at Olds....

Hey fellas...THANKS for inviting me......I had a great time !!

(Didn't know I was that accurate with that big canon....just might get a scope for it now)

Hark...do I hear a magpie in my yard....(snicker...snicker...)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:46 pm 

A cell phone isn't the best to take pic with but it was all I had today at the shoot. Here are some of the things I saw. Hope the pics are ok to look at. I am sure someone has better than this but I wanted to share.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:22 pm 

albertarebel wrote:
RE: The Alamo at Olds....

Hey fellas...THANKS for inviting me......I had a great time !!

(Didn't know I was that accurate with that big canon....just might get a scope for it now)

Hark...do I hear a magpie in my yard....(snicker...snicker...)

I have to agree with that, like to see you hit the bull a few more times he he he Mind you paper and a dent are ok too.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:59 pm 

What they said. :lol:

A great bunch of guys, it was a pleasure to put face to name (I can honestly say that Randyhub looks NOTHING like his avatar :lol: ), and do a little face to face chat re airguns with folks who don't go blank. :wink:

Kudos fellows for making it happen.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:46 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
What they said. :lol:

A great bunch of guys, it was a pleasure to put face to name (I can honestly say that Randyhub looks NOTHING like his avatar :lol: ), and do a little face to face chat re airguns with folks who don't go blank. :wink:

Kudos fellows for making it happen.

Al

Glad I don't look like an airplane. :lol:

Yeah it was a great time.

Randy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 pm 

A BRILLIANT DAY!!!! Great group of guys with an enormous assortment of goodies.

Thoroughly Enjoyable all Around

No More to Say

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:07 pm 

What a great day. Big thanks to Rocker45 for organizing such a great day, I felt VERY well taken care of. I also loved the shoot what ever you find, just put it back where you found it attitude that we all had on the day. I got home and felt I had not shot many of my guns that I wanted to shoot, because I shot all these other great pistols all day :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . Big thanks to Dan and Kim for sharing :D :D :D Great to drive up with Randyhub, good company!

Regards

the other Randy :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:34 pm 

Thanks for the ride up Randy the drive went fast great conversations we will for sure do lots more shooting.

The other Randy :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:24 am 

It was a great meet . Awesome turnout . It is really nice to see so many interesting and knowledgeable people at one location. :D
The variety of air guns was incredible . From the cannon that albertarebel brought to the new Hatsan that Gippeto brought . The Condors are very sweet rifles to shot . I might just have to get me one of those units. With those bipods , you can hold your shot on center and take your shot . Very sweet set up and a nice trigger on them . :twisted:
Pistols - wow :shock: - I have never seen so many beautiful pistols . Incredible units with beautiful wood work. :shock:
There was a laminated [ blue ] springer rifle there [ forgot who was the owner ] that really caugt my eye :shock: . I am not really a springer fan however that was one beautiful looking unit.
It was a great day with a great group of guys - all with a great interest in airguns . Being the greenest guy there - it just doesn't get much better than that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:56 am 

Magpie had second thoughts.....!

Sorry about the dent.....tried to give you a new Bolt-hole (snicker..snicker).

I ordered a scope for the Big Canon....MTC Viper Connect 3-12x32, with a WIDE-FIELD view, should be perfect for it.

Check out: www.swillingtonshootingsupplies.co.uk

www.MTCoptics.com (show a view through the scope versus regular scope)

Actually fellas, I did OK....I noticed that when I shot if I focused on the front sight the rear sight was blurred, had trouble sighting it period, that plus the front sight dot was the size of the target.....I'm just glad I didn't put a big hole in the side of the barn. 5 shots in a 3 inch circle, I can live with that for now....BUT Next time......a row of bolt-holes along the bottom ??? How about evenly spaced ?? (snicker)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:04 pm 

That looks like you all had a great time. Actually thinking about doing this around here. Thanks for sharing guys. I'm not one for the formal (FT) shooting, but a controlled open shoot would be fun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:07 pm 

We followed proper range rules for everyone's safety but it was just about people having safe fun. Our next shoot will be outside and will be a blast providing we get the same fantastic group out thanks again rocker45 and that 410 is sure purdy! :)

Randy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:12 pm 

The only reason Randy says it that way :shock: , is cause I'm sure Walter threatened him to sit still and shoot :twisted: . ha ha lmao
Hey Rebel no worries on the angle iron receiving a dent or two. When you place some in the plate then I'll worry, :shock: :shock: so bring her on (snicker, :D snicker).

It was a great time had by all, looking over the pics and memory I'd estimate minimum 80 pistols and about 40 rifles. Some kinda sickness here with only a turn out of 15 fellow airgunners, and after talking with many being conservative on what they brought, hmmmmmm.

Thanks again Brian for managing to get the ball rolling on this. See you all in lets say 8 to 10 wks, gopher season will be full swing then.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:42 pm 

Would love to set something up again.
Let me know if anyone wants to do it again in this area and I can get something set up with a farmer in the area.
I would be more than happy to go somewhere else too if someone else wanted to set something up.
Doesn't matter to me , as long as we do that again :D :D :D

Very impressed with all you guys . Awesome group we have here :D . :shock: I am still taken back when I look at the pictures I took . WOW - Thats alot of pellet guns :shock: .
Lets keep things going :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next