Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 pm 

Regarding our airgun FT visit at the Weekend Warriers Paintball building:

We goofed fellas....

All that GUNK on our shoes/boots....(Not real paint, Glycerine based gunk)

We should have bought ourselves a case of those shoe-covers (surgerical booties) that you put over your shoes for painting (doctors have similar in operating rooms).

COST: case of 100 pair - about $10+ AND...they are DISPOSABLE. Probably can get at some store in Calgary...Painters store or protective/safety wear store. (for Next time ?)

I've asked a cousin that works in the operating rooms what the hospital does with their old ones....maybe we could get a few.

NEWS:
- Found some interesting targets on the internet....Hmmmm fast-draw gopher wearing six guns and smoking a cig....should do for the pistol boys.....

- GOT MY SCOPES !!! Just some forms to sign, payment to be made !!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:42 pm 

I will for sure bring a tarp to lay guncases on for sure.

Before you mount your scope on the 9mm check the length of those screws holding the scope rail in place.
Cadeau's 9mm had very minimal thread engagement and at risk of stripping out.

Great rifle those Careers are. look forward to your .22 500cc Sumatra? you have coming as well. Gonna give them gophers a real spanking eh? :)
Great to meet you and look forward to the next time.
I'll bring some 125grain stuff for your 9mm and maybe my barrel to compare :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:51 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
I will for sure bring a tarp to lay guncases on for sure.

Before you mount your scope on the 9mm check the length of those screws holding the scope rail in place.
Cadeau's 9mm had very minimal thread engagement and at risk of stripping out.

Great rifle those Careers are. look forward to your .22 500cc Sumatra? you have coming as well. Gonna give them gophers a real spanking eh? :)
Great to meet you and look forward to the next time.
I'll bring some 125grain stuff for your 9mm and maybe my barrel to compare :)

I think the only downer was the goop, I know I wasn't as prepared as I had thought. I'm definately putting a few things on my take list for next time.

a nice tarp for keeping goodies clean,
coveralls and gloves for clearing lanes,
halogen work lamps and power cords to bump up the target lighting,
another table and more things to shoot and shoot at!

wait a minute, did I say I was bringing even more crap? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:45 pm 

Yes, yes you did. Maybe time to get a trailer, :lol: :lol: :lol: Just leave enough room for me to get my stuff on it then we'll flip who tow's it LMAO

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:02 pm 

Whitewolf wrote:
Yes, yes you did. Maybe time to get a trailer, :lol: :lol: :lol: Just leave enough room for me to get my stuff on it then we'll flip who tow's it LMAO

I originally thought about using the trailer, then I thought about how the neighbours might see me load it......... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:54 pm 

I think Brian posted to bring coverals and rubber boots.I know I took them but should have taken some work gloves to move things around.I like the idea of a bit more light that would have been nice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:56 pm 

UPDATE - My Scope order.

GOT A DEAL apparently......Placed the actual order on-line today and made Payment for them.
Total should have been 534 pounds, cost 475 WITH shipping cost added in ! Saved a $100+ Cdn.

I'm having the service rep check on that.... I don't know why it was cheaper unless I missed something...or maybe its because I ordered 2 scopes at the same time ?? Wait and see I guess. Service rep talking to me is ON THE BALL ! VERY HELPFUL.

www.swillingtonshootingsupplies.co.uk

They have some neat stuff over there.....NICE pair of boots, bit pricey at 300 pounds. A lot of stuff has odd-sounding names....but site is EASY to navigate, need to scroll down to see everything however as they load the webpage up with goodies.

Now just have to wait for the paper-work to go thru (export license), could take 20 days.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:33 pm 

That looks like a beautiful scope albertarebel
I knew that paintball stuff was bad. 1st time there I got into my truck without cleaning my boots . Man , what a mess . Tracked it all the way into the house. Did I ever catch it.
Got it all cleaned up , but what a pain.
LOL - you know you got a problem when you need a trailer to haul all your pellet gun equipment around :lol: . I hope to have the same problem too - some time :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:52 pm 

RE: Swillington Shooting Supplies .co.uk

Here is what I found out - I don't have to pay their TAX on items - 16.7%

SO: here is how it works - say an item for 100 Pound cost

100 -16.7% = 83.3 actual cost + ship = total cost X 1.60 (conversion rate) = $ Cdn

We will no doubt have to pay Canadian TAX when it arrives in Canada (GST or Harmonized )

THEREFORE, if you are looking on their site, the price they list is for customers in the UK, we canadians will pay 16.7% LESS than is listed. :D

IF you opt for their shipping by courier or Interparcel that will link with either UPS or Fedex(?) here in Canada. BEWARE of couriers EXTRA charges for BROKERAGE FEES. This option should ONLY be chosen if you dare and if you live in a CITY. For those of us in the RURAL areas of Canada.....couriers do NOT deliver in Rural Canada, shipments can be deemed undeliverable and LOST before you even know they have your parcel....BEST TO ASK FOR SHIPMENT VIA THE POST OFFICE instead......they WILL accomodate you on this request....BUT may have to ship as several parcels as their UK post office has weight limits.

This company WILL ship items out of the UK that require an EXPORT LICENSE, such as Scopes over 4x power. These will require you to fill out and sign forms and could take up to 20 days to complete. This is one of only a FEW companies in the UK that will do this for us Canadians....so thank them with your RESPECT fellas.