Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:15 pm 

I recently got a benjamin classic .22 caliber air rifle with a center point 3-9x40 adventure scope and im having a lot of trouble zeroing it in. ive shot about 100 pellets through it (only bought the pellets 3 days ago) but I still cant get it zerod. ive tried shooting targets from ranges 40 yards to 10 yards and even taken the scope and scope mount off, leveling it and putting them back on with still no effect. the first day at about a 15 yard target, i would be hitting about a 8 inches to the left and 5 inches high and that was about the average for that day. The next day was hitting about 4.5 inches right and 5 high. The 3rd day i was getting closer to the center but still to the right and high. i've adjusted both knobs many many times while still shooting 3 shots per adjustment. i've almost sucessfully finished adjusting but the knobs won't spin any more and the pellets still miss. i'm going to continue trying but your responces will help.

Please reply,
David K.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:27 pm 

Are your adjustments changing the POI? If it is shooting right, and you adjust it left, does the POI move to the left? How does it shoot without the scope

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:15 pm 

whats the POI? sry im new to pellet guns so i don't know all the termonology. i haven't yet tryied to shoot without the scope as i am 15 and need a perents supervision which is hard to get when both are working. i will try as soon as i can and post a comment saying if the gun shoots consistantly and also at different ranges

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:44 pm 

POI Point of Impact

POA Point of Aim.

I think you need to re-center your cross hairs and start over. One suggestion I have is make sure the mounts are gripping the the dovetail properly and then that the scope is tight to the gun and the rings are tight to the scope. Once that is done I think I would fire repeatedly at the same POA without making any adjustments and see what starts to happen with the POI. Good luck with solving your problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:36 pm 

how do i re-center my cross hairs? Because me knobs spin many full rotations i cant find the middle to do so

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:36 pm 

Put a mirror on the floor above a lightsource. Then take your scope and stand it up face down on the mirror. While trying to not block out the light source too much, look into the scope. You should (in theory) see two off-set crosshair images (like you've got your eyes crossed). You can adjust the turrets until the two images are one, and then your scope is optically centered!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:30 pm 

Mod33 wrote:
Put a mirror on the floor above a lightsource. Then take your scope and stand it up face down on the mirror. While trying to not block out the light source too much, look into the scope. You should (in theory) see two off-set crosshair images (like you've got your eyes crossed). You can adjust the turrets until the two images are one, and then your scope is optically centered!

Thats really cool Dan 8) .. i think i'll try this just for kicks :lol: Cheers.

http://www.dlairgun.com/ - http://www.airgunhome.com/
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:45 pm 

Thanks for the tip Dan but im still having trouble with the scope. Although the gun has no iron or "open" sights, I'm still very accurate with it at 50 yards plus, as there is no defect with the gun. At 50 yards I was getting about 3 inch groupings and at 35 to 40 yards 1.5-2.5 inch groupings, which for a beginer like me is great. Though I believe there is a defect with the dovetail rail or scope mount, I will probably just keep the scope off of the gun. Thanks for all the help everybody and if i have another problem I will definatly come back to this site!

Thank you all,
David k.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am 

Davidk88 wrote:
...i am 15 and need a perents supervision which is hard to get when both are working.

Good for you David. If you tell us where you live, someone in the area might be able to tutor you and your Dad on getting the most out of your rifle and scope.