Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: some FT questions
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:53 pm 

I'm just getting into this and these are some things I haven't been able to find out about yet.
From the rules 1 A.. "shooting a single pellet"
Is that referring to a gun that shoots more than one pellet at a time or is it referring to guns with a magazine?
If it is a problem of using a multi-shot magazine is there a single shot magazine for my HW 100?

I am interested in getting a springer for FT as well, right now I'm thinking HW 97 or an AA TX200. The AA is a bit more expensive and from the pictures I've seen maybe a little prettier, those things aside is one better than the other? I'm 5'6" would one likely fit me better than the other? Does some tuning need to be done to these to keep the fpe down to the 12lb limit?(I had to tune back my HW100 to keep from denting my Gamo KO targets)

For FT pistol, I don't think my pistols are capable of knocking down a target past 25/30yd so, are the target distances reduced, and if so to what? If not how do you overcome the lack of power? Regarding the freestyle shooting position is the "creedmoor position", used for pistol silhouette shooting, legal?

HW 100 .177
HW 45 .177&.22
IZH-46M .177
Backpacker 1389 .177 needs to be fixed

Post subject: Re: some FT questions
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:22 pm 

traog wrote:
I'm just getting into this and these are some things I haven't been able to find out about yet.
From the rules 1 A.. "shooting a single pellet"
Is that referring to a gun that shoots more than one pellet at a time or is it referring to guns with a magazine?
If it is a problem of using a multi-shot magazine is there a single shot magazine for my HW 100?

I am interested in getting a springer for FT as well, right now I'm thinking HW 97 or an AA TX200. The AA is a bit more expensive and from the pictures I've seen maybe a little prettier, those things aside is one better than the other? I'm 5'6" would one likely fit me better than the other? Does some tuning need to be done to these to keep the fpe down to the 12lb limit?(I had to tune back my HW100 to keep from denting my Gamo KO targets)

For FT pistol, I don't think my pistols are capable of knocking down a target past 25/30yd so, are the target distances reduced, and if so to what? If not how do you overcome the lack of power? Regarding the freestyle shooting position is the "creedmoor position", used for pistol silhouette shooting, legal?

Pellets one at a time as opposed to a shotgun style with multiple projectiles.

The maximum distance in PFT is 25 yards and max velocity is 500 fps. Some were using guns shooting just under or around 400 fps.

The HW 97 vs TX200 question is sort of personal preference. There was a thread on that very question not long ago. I'll try to find the link if someone does not beat me to it. You cannot go wrong with either gun, but both have some heft to them and with a decent scope will weight in at around 10 lb or so. The TX for sure is easy to tune and many kits are available. I think the HW is a little harder to take apart, but lots of tuning options there as well.

Found it.

topic34603.html