Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:19 am 

There is an indoor pistol FT match scheduled for Sunday, April 10 at Burlington. Doors will open at 8:30AM and the match will start between 9:30 and 10:00AM. A brief sight-in time will take place between 8:30AM and the start of the match.

The rules have pretty much remained the same except for a few changes outlined below.

The hangy tanks is now allowed with some restriction and the offhand position has been redefined. The classes are similar to what we have been using, but the three classes are now official. Of particular note is the increase in the maximum power of the scope. When the rules are officially changed on the CAFTA site, they will reflect the following:

Hangy tanks will be allowed provided that they do not touch the body or offers support to the gun.

Forced Offhand will be with the pistol held with one or two hand.. When the pistol is fired from the standing position, the hands and arms cannot be supported in any way.

Pistol Classes
A) Iron Sight - Sights will be limited to open sights and peep sights
B) Non-magnified Optic Sights - Limited to non-magnification red dot, and non-magnification crosshair designs.
C) Scope - Scopes will be limited to 12 times zoom power. There will be no limits to reticule design.

I hope to see a good turnout again at this last scheduled indoor match. Please advise me by email if you will be attending and what class you will be competing in.

Thanks. See you there.

Tim
cft.mac@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:34 pm 

Awesome 8)

I will be driving up from Chatham area, so if someone wants to ride up with me let me know ASAP...

I will be going up the 401, and jumping onto 403 in Woodstock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:10 pm 

I suppose the range-fee will still be the reasonable Ten Bucks as usual at Burlington, pretty cheap for an opportunity to grab any old air-pistol and head out for a day of fun & see what the Field Target scene is all about. So c'mon out folks.
My attendance to this one is certain & even though I only travel from Acton to Burlington, anyone in my area wanting to check it out is also welcome to hitch a ride with me.

-see the rest of you there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:27 am 

Hello Tim,

Yes I will be there shooting Pistol Class B) Non-magnified Optic Sights, with a Red dot.

Thank You for organizing, and all the work that you do, for these great events.
Regards
Ivo

(Email was sent.)

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am 

Thanks for the support guys. The list is already up to 10, with many still to check in. Going to be a great day as always.

I will order the awards on Wednesday, the 6th, so please make sure you let me know by or before that morning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:59 am 

jgoodz420 wrote:

I will be driving up from Chatham area, so if someone wants to ride up with me let me know ASAP...

I still have room guys...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:18 am 

I wish I could join but living in Montreal and not having a car makes it a bit difficult.

If someone from the Montreal area is going and wants to share the ride, let me know.

Also, I could always take a bus to Toronto or else if someone from over there wants to give me a ride to Burlington. (The bus schedule to Burlington is a bit of a pain and it's really expansive)

Alecto .22
HB22 .22
Norica mod.56 .177

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:03 am 

I'll be there
Open sights

Air Arms S400 MPR with Elite 6500
Hammerli AP40

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:05 pm 

Looks like there's no newcomers from my area. It's too bad a guy like mjuteras can't hitch a ride from Downtown T. to the Burl. too, Eh? Gotta like Your enthusiasm though, Mj

8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:18 pm 

P.S.

Twenty - THOUSAND - Eleven will be a long time to wait for the next PFT match, Eh ? :|

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:18 pm 

See ya in 18000 years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:03 am 

jgoodz420 wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:

No one has contacted me yet, if your considering coming to a PFT match this is perfect chance for those in London, Woodstock area. You won't regret it, PFT matches are always a great day of shooting a chatting with other airgunners...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:41 pm 

Mac wrote:
See ya in 18000 years.

See ?, ... now it's funny. :lol:

You have a good sense of humor Tim.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:13 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:

No one has contacted me yet, if your considering coming to a PFT match this is perfect chance for those in London, Woodstock area. You won't regret it, PFT matches are always a great day of shooting a chatting with other airgunners...

:(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:08 pm 

Post-Match

FIRST. Congratulations Len. Perfect. - Good On ya ! ... :supz:
The other two, almost as near perfect, deserve congratulations as well. What a match in scoped division.
Second. I'm not going to say anything else about scores just because I'm home earlier & posting early. I'll leave that alone for now.

I can tell Y'all about how much fun it was to get out & see a sizable group of folks get together & have a great time target shooting though.
There you have it! - Unless you grab the proverbial Bull by the proverbial Horns you can only guess at how much fun it was. :snakeman: - Ha hah !!!!

Personally, my gun proved that it could easily out-perform ME; ............ if in OTHER-HANDS, ....... this morning. :oops:

TOO MUCH JAVA !!! ..... :hsmash Excuses pluralized ....... :wink:

Let the summer FT season begin. It's bound to be more fun.
Cheers, :drinkers: