Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:43 pm 

What a day :mrgreen:

Couldn't imagine a better way to spend the day, glad to see all the familiar and new faces around...glad to meet GreenMachine, some nice work done to that 2240 and a great score as well 8) :drinkers:

I think I may have nightmares of big red spiders tonight though :) :ANAL: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:04 pm 

Results are in the email of those on my list.

Totally agree with Rob and Joel about the day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:11 pm 

That was FUN!!! And I have seen some great shooting. Congrats to the champions and everyone that participated.
My thanks for the flawless organization.

Unfortunately Mac has a lot of repainting to do. Those targets looked spotless when we started.
Now there are extra bees on the flower,
many spiders on the bird's head,
extra legs on the spider, etc... etc.

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

For those not yet on the Canadian Shooters List...
Results can be viewed here.. Burlington Pistol Field Target Results for April 10, 2011 ...

Some great scores this day.. Congrats fellows!.. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:27 pm 

What a great day !
Joel and Mac kept me on my toes through the entire match, but in the end, it was my day to shine. :)
A perfect score in a match was something that I had always aspired to, but until today, something I had never expected to achieve. :D
I guess I made the right decision on which gun to use. :lol:

As others have already noted, the day was great fun, and to those that placed well in their divisions, it was icing on the cake.
Many thanks to the match director(s) and everyone else that participates in making these events happen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:04 am 

Beretto wrote:
Unfortunately Mac has a lot of repainting to do. Those targets looked spotless when we started.
Now there are extra bees on the flower,
many spiders on the bird's head,
extra legs on the spider, etc... etc.

Those targets were Don's, so I'm not painting them. Don's the artist and the owner of the set of 12 targets specifically set up for the low power guns.

You are correct that 17 people can put some dings in your paint job. Forgot, only 16 people as Len only hit the paddle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:07 am 

Congradulations Len! That's pretty good for an old timer! :D So what gun did you get the perfect score with?
Sounds like everyone who attended went home a winner!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:12 am 

I was just looking through the scores and the Crosmans cleaned house :!: 8)

6 different Crosman pistols, half of them took home medals 8) With the Steyr's only taking two :wink: :lol:

As well, for those asking about accurate pellets, 13 of the 17 shooters were using JSB's in different weight's :)

Great little competition we had going between myself, Len and Tim, I have never went through a course really focused on not dropping one single shot, definitely turns the pressure on and makes for a great day of shooting :P

The 95/96 is a personal best for me and Snoopy :mrgreen:

:drinkers:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:53 am 

JayzDaMan wrote:
Congradulations Len! That's pretty good for an old timer! :D So what gun did you get the perfect score with?
Sounds like everyone who attended went home a winner!

Thanks Jay.
I used my home-made, custom Crosman Mark II FT pistol - the Mk II LJ PFT.
The target shown in the pic is 10 shots at 10M (11 yds) from my FT shooting position. The day before the match while practicing, I shot a couple groups half the size than the one shown below, so I was confident in the gun's capabilities.

Last edited by Suprmatic on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:32 am 

jgoodz420 wrote:
I was just looking through the scores and the Crosmans cleaned house :!: 8)

6 different Crosman pistols, half of them took home medals 8) With the Steyr's only taking two :wink: :lol:

Putting things into perspective:

Of the two Steyrs represented, both took 1st place in their respective divisions.

Interestingly enough, not a single Crosman was represented in the Unmagnified Optics division - that will have to change... :lol: .

Five of the six Crosman guns were all in the scoped division, so it was inevitable that with only one Tau rounding out the field, that two Crosmans had to place. The fact that Crosman guns placed 1st and 2nd only serves to prove that they are certainly capable of meeting the demands of PFT competition.

IMO, the truly impressive showing of the day, was Dennis E. and his Anschutz match pistol, having shot the entire match standing, offhand (single hand hold), and managing a 3rd place finish in the Open Sight division. That was an amazing display of marksmanship.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:28 am 

Hi everyone,

It definitely was a great day! We were kept out of the rain during the match and the drive home was a nice sunny day!

hope to see you all on the next FT match in May!

Take care,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 pm 

x2 Super, regarding Dennis E. - Entirely Impressive. I only heard that he shot that way after the match & wondered WHY ? - after viewing the results however, I am only amazed. Way to Go Dennis.

As for the Crosman pistols. I have to commend all of the other shooters that left me at the bottom of the heap. I anticipated scoring higher because accuracy was improved with mine after re-crowning & I actually did score higher than previous matches so i was pleased enough with that alone, and i also agree with the basic idea of jg420's post about having fun with the "inexpensive" rig that you've GOT. So, it's like another member said, EVERYBODY went home happy!

The more I attend = the more I Enjoy ............ It's the most un-complicated MATH i never had any idea i would actually USE; or enjoy. Go Fig ...

I hope more folks will find a way to attend future FT matches in " the True North, Strong & FREE."

Field Target Season just begins. :D