Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:44 pm 

So I spent a second afternoon getting in some trigger time with a couple of my PFT pistols, and trying to decide which one to use for the upcoming PFT match. I figured that I would compare the best target shot with each gun and use that to aid in my decision, but as can be seen, it was a pretty close contest. Not as good as the group that Mac posted the other day, but all things considered, I'm quite happy with these groups. Both groups are 10 shots at 10M, from my usual FT shooting position.

The FWB C10/20 sports a Bushnell red/green dot sight, while the custom Crosman Mk II FT sports a Bushnell Trophy 4-12x40 AO scope, and is using a 3.5 oz hangy tank for better shot to shot consistency.
The insets are close-ups of the bullseye of each respective target.
I actually did just a wee bit better with the FWB - there is only one pellet that hit outside of the 1/2" dia. bull.
With the scoped Mk II, there are two pellets that are outside of the 1/2" dia. bull - the one hit and broke the line, but if it were a 1/2" KZ, it would be a split.
I'm obviously tending to pull the odd shot to the right. :?

I have to do some testing at ranges beyond 10M, and with a bit more practice, I may have a chance at doing reasonably well at the match. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:54 pm 

Since both options are very good, whatever you decide should be just fine.

I have not shot from a FT position yet, still working out what position to use. I am also looking forward to shooting out to the 25 yard max to see how the groups hold out that far.

I guess I'll have to suffer through putting hundreds of pellets down the barrel to find out what position works best. Darn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:31 pm 

Both nice guns and great groups too 8)

Maybe a LJPFT build is in order? :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:03 am 

Oh come on ! ... you hit the 9 :lol: :wink:

Beautiful Match pistol " Suprmatic " 8)

http://www.dlairgun.com/ - http://www.airgunhome.com/
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/