Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: MP661K Drozd Blackbird
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:05 pm 

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase an MP661K and do some upgrades.
I was wondering whether anyone who's already been through the whole process could let me know the best and lowest-cost places to purchase from. Has anyone gotten one down from www.drozdmax.com or any other places in the States without needing a BFL or having the gun seized at the border? Are there good modchips and bad modchips to watch out for? What are your favourite Blackbird set ups and add-ons? Is there anything you wish you knew before buying the Blackbird that you can share with me?

Thanks

p.s. I'm located in Ontario, if that makes a difference...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:48 pm 

Although this place is currently sold out, I was going to order online from this place. They sell it arlready upgraded to Full Auto. They are in B.C. I believe. Here's the link: http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdo ... _1771.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:08 am 

http://www.airgunsource.com/store/index ... P661K&c=11

Mr.Marvin may also have them in stock.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:38 pm 

Speciality Shooting Sports is the cheapest and you can buy a BB with different mod chips at different levels of performance.Great people to deal with. Airgun scource is another good place but slightly more exspensive.There are no bad chips. My suggestion to you is to get a gun with the chip that you want in.It takes some skill with a soldering iron and you have to take the gun apart.The best by far for a mod is a longer barrel. A fellow named Jim. C. makes excellent barrels which are hardened. There is a massive amount of mods for these guns.They are a money pit but a huge amount of fun.There are barrels,high voltage batteries, soon a high cap drum magazine, sights +lasers and a very high tec board from Russia that makes the chip oboslete. Also go to the bb machinegun forum.It is a forum for the drozd and Blackbird. PM me with any questions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:56 pm 

Thanks for your responses, very informative and helpful!