Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:26 am 

For those that target practice in their yard or otherwise, what do you typically shoot at? For me it's usually that recycled popcan hung with some fishing line, but I am looking for new ideas. I typically shoot from 20-25 meters away, if not more.

Let's see what you've got.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 am 

I shoot those spinner targets you see everyone making out of spoons and pretty much everything else I see, I only have one neighbor so I just kind of blast away :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:31 pm 

Go down to your local dollar store and go nuts. . Birthday candles, suckers, jaw breakers, green army men, figurines,
plastic checker sets, plastic chess pieces. No limit on a limited budget. Most of which will be reactive. How about just getting a cheap box of crackers and watch them explode. All kinds of shoot'n stuff there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:50 pm 

intrepid wrote:
Go down to your local dollar store and go nuts. .

I do the same thing but recently have also made somethings basic and fun.

I basically bought a few cheap plates and stuck round cardboard circles to the middle with some blue-tac and drew bulls eye targets on them . ( made about 4 of these ) Finally i just super glued them to a old piece of plywood and voila !

Of course there's nothing fancy about that , they don't move , spin or anything , but its easily portable with a little handle and fun . :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:28 pm 

Even with all the "custom" targets I build, my Gamo resettable is probably the most used one in the backyard. Lebaron's carry these for about $25 (CHEAP!), and it's great for short-range (10-15m), open sight fun. For the distances you're shooting, this might be a bit small-unless you have a scope...
Looks like this one:

Attachments:
gamo_rocker_trap.jpg
gamo_rocker_trap.jpg [ 51.31 KiB | Viewed 2659 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:41 pm 

Really $25 - me thinks I will get one the next time I'm down in the big city. Wife is getting tired of me putting apples on top of her head. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:11 pm 

This is going to be what i pick up for back yard & field.

D&L sells it for $ 39.00 a guy couldn't build it for that, materials / Time ... forget it, just buy it 8)

http://www.dlairgun.com/ - http://www.airgunhome.com/
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/

Last edited by Stoeger X5 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:20 pm 

Those Gamo rocker pellet traps are junk. Don't waste your money. I have had to re-assemble mine every time I use it. My wife purchased a field target and it's way way better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:26 pm 

idontknowjack wrote:
Those Gamo rocker pellet traps are junk. Don't waste your money. I have had to re-assemble mine every time I use it. My wife purchased a field target and it's way way better.

A big x2 to that!
I had a Rocker tareget and after a couple hundred shots (from non PAL guns) is completely fell appart. And before that it was a fifty-fifty chance if the flipper would stay up when hit. After that I bought one of those Gamo field targets and never looked back, works very well. If you want another quality target, get one of Parker101's field targets. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:57 pm 

Canadian Plinker wrote:
idontknowjack wrote:
My wife purchased a field target and it's way way better.

If you want another quality target, get one of Parker101's field targets. :wink:

:D That's where she got it...rock solid! Works flawlessly. And it's been pounded so much there is hardly any paint left. I think he should start doing house calls for touch ups, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:22 pm 

Currently hanging in my backyard
(40 yards)
1. Old frying pan
2. 1Kg coffee can (40 yards)
(25 yards)
3. Soup can
4. Caulking tube
5. Home-made round targets (1/4" thick aluminum, 1' and 2" diameter)
6. Rack to hold small targets (hickory nuts to golf balls), I'm leery about ricochet from golf balls, but I do shoot them occasionally.
I do the recycling, and everything gets carefully scrutinized for target value - many items get shot up before making to the curb! :lol:

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:44 pm 

Nice ! ....

Mind you, you would have to have REALLY short legs to sit down at that picnic bench for lunch, :lol:

http://www.dlairgun.com/ - http://www.airgunhome.com/
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:48 pm 

Stoeger X5 wrote:
Mind you, you would have to have REALLY short legs to sit down at that picnic bench for lunch, :lol:

:o No kidding, it "came" with the house/property and has since been used as a target stand only.
From my basement window, it's just about the right height for a level shot. (Pictures taken from main floor).

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:55 pm 

Old soup cans, plastic water bottles with water in them, a recently broken pellet trap, and an old loaf tin - into which various celebrity photos get taped inside. Currently Robert Pattinson is taking a beating! lol.

Remington 700 .308 Win.
Ruger 10-22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:50 pm 

junkies and crackheads

I live downtown...

:lol:

Alecto .22
HB22 .22
Norica mod.56 .177

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next