Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:15 am 

canshooter wrote:
Ive posted this before but for my money sidewalk chalk is the greatest thing, they explode in a cloud of dust when hit. for closer work .22 casings are good out to 20 yards for a bit of a challenge.

Ok. Dude. My wife has a few nasty words for you!! Ever since I read this post, sidewalk chalk has become a tradeable commodity in my home! I have obliterated a couple of tubs of the stuff! I have powdery colored streaks all over my target zone in the back yard......

I love the sidewalk chalk idea. Brilliant! Now, ice cubes are on the list as well.

But, it was this post right here that got me started on the chalk, and I've had a ton of fun blowin' those little suckers up from 50-60 feet :) so thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:29 am 

Go buy a box of SUGAR CUBES. As cheap as chips and enviromentally friendly.

Great sport at whatever distance suits you and yer gun :twisted:

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:13 pm 

:shock: - suger cubes - :lol:
Awesome - never thought of that
But I will be trying it this weekend - for sure - 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:36 pm 

I thought rocker would've put up a pic of a gopher. We shoot moving targets!!

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:18 am 

So did some shooting in a friends backyard over the weekend........do NOT shoot golf balls
Pellets will ricohet in random directions afterwards.

QB 79 .22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:01 am 

chronicair604 wrote:
So did some shooting in a friends backyard over the weekend........do NOT shoot golf balls

And with unbelievable speed to. I had an 18.1 gr .22 cal come back from 50 yard,s as fast as it wen there, and hit the shed I was shooting from about a foot away. I don't shoot golf balls anymore. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:23 am 

Okay I like paddyfritz's idea of hanging spent CO2 cartridges for targets. God knows we all have a handful laying around.
I've already bought some golf tees & a box of paintballs. Can't wait to try that idea out. Next I'll have to visit the Dollar Store to buy some cheap chalk. That will be a real test of my marksmanship.

Another idea that I saw mentioned on this forum was using Dollar Store plant hangers that you push into the ground and hanging tin cans.

Oh yes, I do also happen to have a couple of spinners that I bought for target practice. Nothing is as sweet as the sound of your pellet "pinging" off the targets.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:28 pm 

Not long ago I ordered a Gammo air gun/pellet target from an online website. When I opened the box I was genuinely surprised that the target, a spinner, was only 8" tall.
I'm really going to have to improve my aim if I'm to hit these tiny spinners at 25 yds.

The bigger spinners are much easier to hit.

Nothing is as enjoyable as shooting from just inside your patio door and hearing that "ping" as you hit the target.
But remember this my friends, open the patio screen door before you shoot. :oops: Apparently I forgot.
Guess what I'll be replacing on Saturday afternoon?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:29 pm 

As soon as I get yard I can shoot in I'll let you guys know. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:28 pm 

joe hickey wrote:
chronicair604 wrote:

And with unbelievable speed to. I had an 18.1 gr .22 cal come back from 50 yard,s as fast as it wen there, and hit the shed I was shooting from about a foot away. I don't shoot golf balls anymore. :oops:

hmmm maybe we should have a section on what not to shoot aswell.lol

QB 79 .22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:23 pm 

SureShot wrote:
Not long ago I ordered a Gammo air gun/pellet target from an online website. When I opened the box I was genuinely surprised that the target, a spinner, was only 8" tall.
I'm really going to have to improve my aim if I'm to hit these tiny spinners at 25 yds.

The bigger spinners are much easier to hit.

Nothing is as enjoyable as shooting from just inside your patio door and hearing that "ping" as you hit the target.
But remember this my friends, open the patio screen door before you shoot. :oops: Apparently I forgot.
Guess what I'll be replacing on Saturday afternoon?

I wanted to cut a small hole (about barrel size) in the screen and stitch some velcro around the hole, then stich some velcro on a bit bigger piece so I could remove the screen hole to shoot and replace it when done so no bugs could come in!
I tought GENIUS right? Well apparently not according to my wife :roll: :rolleyes:

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:17 pm 

Phonebooks, potted meat cans (I don't know why on earth anyone would eat that stuff, but it sure looks cool when you see the pellet trajectory inside!), printed targets from Google Images (save lost of $$$), produce fruit, and basically anything from Dollarama. There's really no limit as to what you can shoot up, unless if its something stupid like lighters, compressed gas canisters, people, animals...you name it. I love to give myself challenges as to what I can do with a basic rifle and open sights...usually try to extinguish a flame from a candle at a distance (99% of the time the candle is non-reusable lol).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:49 pm 

The ice cubes are an awesome idea. Think I might try freezing some with some fishing line in them so they can hang up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:05 am 

They blow up into smitherines on impact...it really looks cool.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:28 pm 

Try glueing the string on with a glue gun, it works on eggs. We used to have an egg shoot on Easter weekend. (centerfire to 500 meters).
Keith

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next