Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: 14 May 2011 PC FT
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:23 am 

Great pics and a great day.Well now that I've got the bug when is the next meet LOL.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:20 pm 

The next match is on June 11th and will be the same sub-500fps format.

Thanks to Dennis for posting the pictures. I will try to get George to burn me a cd of his pics and I'll get them to Dennis to put up on the CAFTA site.

Thanks to everyone that attended the match and the many who helped with jobs that had to be done. With 26 attending, that is probably a record for a regular monthly match. Only the Fudd match two years ago had greater attendance.

The two officers from the CFO were impressed by the turnout, the facility and the sport itself. We had a good session with them and know exactly what we have to do to get the range approved for full power FT and get a template created for all FT ranges in the future that do not have 4M berms to shoot against. We have the space at Port and once we rearrange lanes to all shoot south, the CFO will come back to inspect and approve the range. Everything they suggested is doable, so it seems more a matter of "when" than "if" at this point. We are aiming for a late June or early July re-inspection. As it turns out, Dave, the one who will be inspecting, lives about 20 minutes from the club. Both officers were great guys and very helpful with their suggestions.

We will keep you posted on the forums and by email as to our progress and news as it breaks.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:12 pm 

Great news for the sport in general there, Tim. I'm happy to hear that it will be able to thrive here in Ontario via the Port Colborne Club if not elsewhere this year. Glad to hear that you have the space there to re-arrange the lanes as you suggested & continue the progress in this sport by the efforts of CAFTA, The Port Club, You, and all of the interested & also interesting attendees that have been increasing lately.
I wish I could have swelled the number by one more but work sucks lately & I have to sacrifice where I must. That said, I have to also thank Parker for posting Pics so that I could vicariously-attend.
Good on ALL of Ya's. The Volunteers, The CFO's, & the attendees.

Great to hear everyone enjoyed the match as usual, - despite the iffy weather.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:17 pm 

A few more pics:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:22 am 
Admin-2-IC

sniper wrote:
It was totally a beutiful day but it was fun to shoot ......
I got my AT44-10177 setup the night before and it was good with 177 RWS Hobby at 495 fps.
Accurate and good to go .......
The first 5 lanes I couldn't barely hit the kill zone at all ....lol ... if there was any .... lol ....
I thought it was going to be a loosing battle but thanks to Parker101 with a great suggestion to use
JSB Heavy ..... OMG ..... deadly accurate and predictable shots ..... AWESOME ......

At the end did a shoot out for a tie score ..... and of course the AT44 with JSB Heavy came thru .... Yahoooo ....

Overall came out at the third place of Hunter division ...... a different of 1 score from the second place and
2 scores of the first place ....... VERY NICE ......

This gun is really amazing beside knowing how to shoot. I just tested it on chrony with JSB Heavy 10.5 gr. the gun was only
shooting at 393 fps ....... which means I did the last half of the match at that velocity ... awesome ......
which got me to the third place and won the shoot off against the heavy hitter guy ... lol .....

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:45 pm 

I posted this photo in my thread in the mods and repair forum, but it seems appropriate to post here as well.
I too am VERY impressed with the performance of the Hatsan AT44, looking forward to the next match to see what a couple small tweaks can do for my score 8)
Who thought non-PAL could be so fun? :D

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:52 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

sniper wrote:

This gun is really amazing beside knowing how to shoot. I just tested it on chrony with JSB Heavy 10.5 gr. the gun was only
shooting at 393 fps ....... which means I did the last half of the match at that velocity ... awesome ......
which got me to the third place and won the shoot off against the heavy hitter guy ... lol .....

OK, that explains why we were having to use alternative reticle markings after running out of Mil-Dots at 30+yards.. :lol:
Time to tune that shooter closer to the <500fps marker.. 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:39 am 

Enjoyable pictures, and nice to see the hatsans performing so well. I`ve read a lot of negative stuff on their springers and some on the 44`s too. Cool to see them on the top here. That might get some of the people labelling them as "turkish junk" to reconsider a bit.

What benjamin is the guy with the black cap shooting?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:39 pm 

LeKatilo wrote:
Enjoyable pictures, and nice to see the hatsans performing so well. I`ve read a lot of negative stuff on their springers and some on the 44`s too. Cool to see them on the top here. That might get some of the people labelling them as "turkish junk" to reconsider a bit.

What benjamin is the guy with the black cap shooting?

I can't speak for the Hatsan springers, but the AT44s are a great rifle for the money.
The shooter in the black cap is using a 392.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:59 pm 

A couple weeks late on posting, I just finally got my internet setup at the new place :ANAL:

What a great day this was...a little bit of rain, but it actually seemed to stop as soon as we started shooting, then started again when we finished...

My 1377 "Snoopy" scored a 43/60 in WFTF with me behind the trigger :mrgreen: :lol:

A 89/120 with my brother Saul, who was first place in Junior hunter, and actually beat the 1st place adult hunters score by 6 points :shock: look out hunter division :twisted:

Also my brother Aaron shot a 80/120 to take 2nd place in Junior hunter

I think they both had almost as much fun as I did, and were asking when the next one is not 30mins into the 4.5 hour ride home :lol: 8)