Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Alberta meet
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:55 pm 

My first time out, and like everyone has said, it was great. I went mostly to pick brains, Walter was a tremendous help to me. My wife had a good time as well. She'll be shooting next time guys. That 850 is dead nuts on.

I did bring a camera, but had so much stuff, I left it in the truck. Next time I'll take it out.

I think someone should trap some gophers for the next meet and bring em along..... :axe:

So when is the next meet?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:34 pm 

rocker45 wrote:
Sorry - I did not have a camera either :( - never even thought of it.
I do still have the targets - however - :shock: Randy's Condor has quite a long range on it :shock: . It might not be safe to post the results :D . And yes - I know at the next meet I am going to be in real trouble . Walter was so close to kicking me with the AT44 . Randy's big pellet's [ .25 cal. ] saved me as well . Dave just got his scope mounted and did not have time to sight it in properly .
:shock: I think my luck will run out at the next meet :shock:

Brian

Well I can say is I saw some damn fine shooting!

So after my second attempt at paper punching I know what doesn't work and that is speed, and mass.

My next attempt will be using shooting bags, 6X24 scope, 2000 psi regulated tank using an AF CO2 adapter, and my .22 barrel or maybe a .177 barrel as Brian needs some challengers but wait until he posts the pics you will see some nice groups from some talented shooters.:

But seriously thanks Brian excellent day of shooting. :D

Randy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:59 pm 

I've got a few pictures but I never seem to be able to shrink them down small enough to post more than one at a time.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 pm 

EXCELLENT !
- & as Parker101 said, a Great Weekend for FT fun across the board. I'm just starting to catch up but it was good reading about all the positive feedback after your event in Alberta - Fantastic !

Oh, THOSE YOUNGSTERS, Eh ?? ...... I wouldn't be surprised if they were shooting from the hip ! :P

Too bad about pics being forgotten in all the excitement but that happens. Maybe hand out a couple of those single-use disposable cameras to the kids or other " Volunteers" then have them developed to see what you get as a group for the day. Then you can pick a few choice shots & scan them for posting. It could be a fun way for any club to encourage sharing the event without relying on individuals to do it. Pass em around. Get different pics.
Just a suggestion, here in Ont. there are several who enjoy partaking in two forms of "Shooting" a regular match, me included.

Best of luck with your future matches. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:55 pm 

I was a great day!! Fun was had by all. I left my camera in the car all day, having too much fun to take pics!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:40 pm 

prhess wrote:
I was a great day!! Fun was had by all. I left my camera in the car all day, having too much fun to take pics!

ABSOLUTELY!! Couldn't agree more, Randy :D :D :D :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt