Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:36 pm 

Well, after working toward holding a meet for just over a year, we finally did it! On Sunday, the West Coast Field Target Club held it's first informal event at the Mission and District Rod and Gun Club.

We met at the covered 50 yard pistol range and set up an number of different targets ,both paper and F/T at different ranges. Most of the time was spent sighting in at the different ranges, and admiring all the different airguns brought out. In all, a very good time was had by all, and new friendships made. An informal 5 target Hunter F/T scored shoot was held to break in all the new targets. High score was a tie at 7 with most of the rest scoring between 4 and 6 points. I think it's going to be some close scoring in the future as everyone seems to be fairly evenly matched :D . :D In all, we had a great day with fine weather with more formal events now being planned for the up-coming months.

I would like to thank everyone for coming out this past weekend and making our first event a sucess!
Maurits Doornberg
Director WCFTC

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:44 pm 

Atta Boys, sounds like shoots have moved into a very positive direction for you all.

Congrats

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:01 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Congrats fellows!...
This is just the sort of thing that will help bring folks of all ages together to enjoy one of the many shooting sports available to Canadians .. 8)

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:05 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Those are from at the end of the meet. You were too busy talkin & shootin to take pic's when everyone was there. :P Thanks for putting in all the time and organizing for a great day of shooting and BS'ing. Well done Morris! 8) 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:03 pm 

... man i feel like a total poop head, i missed the date :oops: ...

I got working on my car, had some prob's, fixed it, then just totaly forgot the day :( im bent.
It looks like all went well & it looks to be a great range !.

I will assume more meets to come :) Great job Morris. Cheers

http://www.dlairgun.com/ - http://www.airgunhome.com/
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 pm 

BCGunner wrote:
On Sunday, the West Coast Field Target Club held it's first informal event at the Mission and District Rod and Gun Club.

Congratulations Gentlemen! Keep up the effort and you'll be rewarded with bigger and bigger numbers (scores and attendance) Hope to shoot at one of your matches one day :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:45 pm 

Congratulations !
May it be the first of many, and may each successive match grow bigger and better !!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:27 pm 

Thanks everyboby. I'm glad we had the nice weather to go with the nice turnout!! Keep your eyes on this section of the website for future events. A meet and greet is planned some time in the next 2 weeks and an informal 10 lane shoot at the gun club using the 3D archery range sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:52 pm 

Way to go Folks !
At last it BEGINS in B.C. !! ... It seems like an excellent Facility for future events, that's a pretty nice covered sight-in range with benches there; kind of like the one at Elmira that we will likely NOT get to visit in the near future. :roll: On another note, it's GREAT to see progress in getting the sport Up-&-Running there this year. We look forward to hearing about the next ......
It was good to see even those few pics, 8) It seems like the norm to get very few photos in all the turmoil of the first few events. I posted an idea @ that that might help on the Alberta post, check it out.
Good luck with future events guys, keep us posted.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:57 pm 

I must say
Thank you very much Morris, I enjoyed it very much. I can't wait for the next event. I will be locked and loaded for the next one. Hopefully more people will show up and see what a great shooting sport this really is. As a first timer, I don't like it, I LOVE IT
Thank Guys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 pm 

I also missed it because of a work commitment :oops:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let's get another one goin!