Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Bulk CO2 cartridges
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:25 am 

Where can I shop online for bulk C02 cartridges. I hate having to buy boxes of 5 if I can get boxes of 40. Same goes for pellets.
Thanks,
Glen

Post subject: Re: Bulk CO2 cartridges
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:57 am 

Well, there are a few places in Canada that have bulk c02, but you might not like the shipping charges :lol:

http://www.replicaairguns.com/buy-air-b ... ort=normal
http://airgunsource.com/store/index.php ... -300&c=262

I dont know if this is still valid or not but:
topic1278-75.html
camacho8218 wrote:
Hello Airgun Forum Friends,

Just a quick note to let you know that we have recevied a new shipment, so now have plenty of stock again! =)

Our "CAF best price special" remains at:
100 cartridges - CAD$45.00 (0.45 each)
150 cartridges - CAD$67.50 (0.45 each)
200 cartridges - CAD$82.00 (0.41 each)
500 cartridges - CAD$195.00 (0.39 each)

These prices do not include shipping and taxes. We will gladly quote shipping to specific locations.
Shipping cost per unit is better for larger orders... as the shipping cost becomes more efficient.

We will be looking forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,
Maria

Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:01 am 

camperbc wrote:
Where can I shop online for bulk C02 cartridges. I hate having to buy boxes of 5 if I can get boxes of 40. Same goes for pellets.
Thanks,
Glen

Hey Glen, welcome to the forum! You can get boxes of fourty CO2 carts from stores like Canadian Tire. However most online retailers like D&L Airguns, Scopes and Ammo, Specialty Shooting Sports Outdoors, and Airgun Source ( Trailmarker) would sell them as well and in larger quantities. There was a dealer where you could purchase in super bulk (200 or more) from BC, but I have forgot their name. There is a thread here on the forum about it and maybe another member who has dealt with them could hook you up with the e- mail address. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy your stay at the forum!

Oops- thanks to average Joe for the connection!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:31 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

If requiring large amounts of Quality C02 cartridges you can't beat Maria's prices.
Excellent company to deal with.
topic1278-75.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:16 pm 

X2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:18 pm 

Thanks for your input guys; much appreciated. However, I have been in touch with Maria, and the shipping is SCAREY, to say the least! ($80 to ship 100 powerlets!) I was surprised to learn that these cartridges cannot be shipped by Canada Post, which is how everything comes to my neck of the woods. (would have only cost about $22) Looks like the cheapest is going to be Crappy Tire.

Thanks anyways,

Glen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:51 pm 

OK, now I am really confused. (I know, I know; it doesn't take much!)

Maria states that CO2 cartridges cannot be shipped by Canada Post, yet I have discovered that some of the other shops mentioned above do in fact ship cartridges by this method. Can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks,
Glen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 pm 

camperbc wrote:

Maria states that CO2 cartridges cannot be shipped by Canada Post, yet I have discovered that some of the other shops mentioned above do in fact ship cartridges by this method. Can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks,
Glen

Pretty sure my last order was via Canada Post Ground Shipping.... Not sure if anythings changed, but will be interesting to find out...

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:29 pm 

Parker_101_ wrote:
camperbc wrote:

Thanks,
Glen

Pretty sure my last order was via Canada Post Ground Shipping.... Not sure if anythings changed, but will be interesting to find out...

Cheers!

Could be just a misunderstanding. Maybe Maria won't ship by CP as she used to because of the ongoing roving postal strikes. Worried about it getting stuck in the strike??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:40 pm 

To quote Maria:

"Hello Glen,
Unfortunately, Canada Post does not ship compressed gas... "

I have contacted three other online shops in Canada, and they all ship their CO2 by Canada Post. I will ask her why she believes it cannot be done, and get back to you with the answer.

Glen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:08 pm 

Most likely the other companies don't care what the Canada Post regulations are....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:22 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

topic40637.html

Technically, Co2 cartridges, being a compressed gas, are considered "Hazardous Materials" and Canada Post will not carry such products. Many freight companies will also not carry them as they require a specialized license.

What does this mean in real-world terms? Within Canada no one is checking mail contents- but try and send something like Co2 across the border via the postal system and problems may occur.

Of course couriers are also an option- I believe all the major couriers (Fedex, UPS, Canpar, DHL) all have hazardous materials licensing.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:14 pm 

As Maria never did get back to me with the promised revised shipping quote, (she initially wanted $80-$90 to ship 100 cartridges!) I went with Specialty Shooting Sports Outdoors (located in Creston, BC) instead, which is where I have ordered the Beretta 92FS from. Rhonda is combining the shipping, but even if I had only purchased the 100 Crosman cartridges, the shipping would have been just 22 bucks. So, though their cartridges are more expensive, at 79 cents, (still not too shabby) with the much lower shipping fee I am way ahead of the game.

It is also worth mentioning that S.S.S.O. sells their Umarex Beretta 92FS (nickel/wood grips) for only $239. This is by far the lowest price I have found in Canada.

I can hardly wait to receive it, as it has been about 25 years since I last fired an airgun! I will soon report back with my take on this awesome looking pistol.

Glen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:57 pm 

Maybe the horse is already out of the barn on this, but you can usually find boxes of 25 for about $18 at Walmart(cheaper than CanTire here). Not sure if there's one near you, but thought I'd mention it...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:07 pm 

57scott wrote:
Maybe the horse is already out of the barn on this, but you can usually find boxes of 25 for about $18 at Walmart (cheaper than CanTire here). Not sure if there's one near you, but thought I'd mention it...

Thanks 57Scott, that would be very good advice indeed, if we were not living in no-man's land. Though Walmart's price is a little better than at S.S.S.O., and likely the best option for most people, we however live on a remote island in the North Atlantic, located several miles off the northeast coast of Newfoundland, so for me to get to Walmart would require my taking a one hour ferry crossing from Fogo Island to the hamlet of Farewell on the mainland side, (after the required one hour wait in the ferry lineup) then drive for another hour south until arriving in the town of Gander... then back home again... meaning a minimum of three hours each way, for a grand total of six hours. The ferry ride alone would cost more than the fee to ship the CO2 cartridges clear across the country.

Our only source for CO2 here on Fogo Island is Home Hardware, and they are quite expensive, at $8.49 for a pack of five! ($1.70 ea.)

So my daughter and I are (im)patiently waiting for the postal strike to end, so that we can start playing with our shiny new nickel-plated Beretta 92 with wood grips! The dealer is to get their shipment in by Thursday, and it is looking that by Thursday or Friday the mail could be moving again, so we could possibly see our parcel by about July 1st. (fingers crossed!)

Glen and Jackie
Fogo Island, NL

PS: to see just HOW remote we are, check out my Fogo Island pics on my website below!