Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Bulk CO2 cartridges
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:44 pm 

camperbc wrote:
As Maria never did get back to me with the promised revised shipping quote, (she initially wanted $80-$90 to ship 100 cartridges!) I went with Specialty Shooting Sports Outdoors (located in Creston, BC) instead, which is where I have ordered the Beretta 92FS from. Rhonda is combining the shipping, but even if I had only purchased the 100 Crosman cartridges, the shipping would have been just 22 bucks. So, though their cartridges are more expensive, at 79 cents, (still not too shabby) with the much lower shipping fee I am way ahead of the game.

It is also worth mentioning that S.S.S.O. sells their Umarex Beretta 92FS (nickel/wood grips) for only $239. This is by far the lowest price I have found in Canada.

I can hardly wait to receive it, as it has been about 25 years since I last fired an airgun! I will soon report back with my take on this awesome looking pistol.

Glen

i have ordered from S.S.S.O, some daisy co2 i bought 50 co2s and i pay like $12 for shipping, daisy are much better than crosman, u can see on the neck, daisy co2 are shine and better quality, and i bought some crosman from ct while i was waiting for my daisy's but i after opening the crosman co2 i was scare to use them because of the neck and even, i will post some pictures of a crosman,daisy and cyber gun co2 and u will see the crosman has the lowes build quality

crosman 2240 (modded to target pistol)
crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:32 pm 

Wow, this is the first that I have ever heard of someone believing Crosman CO2 cartridges to be inferior. Has anyone else had issues with Crosman CO2 quality? I think maybe I had better do a bit more research before making a purchase!

Hopefully more of you can chime in with your thoughts?

Thanks,
Glen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:42 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

aztek.ajn wrote:

i have ordered from S.S.S.O, some daisy co2 i bought 50 co2s and i pay like $12 for shipping, daisy are much better than crosman, u can see on the neck, daisy co2 are shine and better quality, and i bought some crosman from ct while i was waiting for my daisy's but i after opening the crosman co2 i was scare to use them because of the neck and even,

POPPYCOCK!! :roll: The Crosman cartridges are fine. If you don't want to use your CR cartridges, I will gladly take them off your hands at no charge. I will even pay the shipping. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 am 

scruffie wrote:
aztek.ajn wrote:

i have ordered from S.S.S.O, some daisy co2 i bought 50 co2s and i pay like $12 for shipping, daisy are much better than crosman, u can see on the neck, daisy co2 are shine and better quality, and i bought some crosman from ct while i was waiting for my daisy's but i after opening the crosman co2 i was scare to use them because of the neck and even,

POPPYCOCK!! :roll: The Crosman cartridges are fine. If you don't want to use your CR cartridges, I will gladly take them off your hands at no charge. I will even pay the shipping. :P

I gave them to some one, they looked dirty and low quality, I will stay with daisys, ill post pics later in this topic so u all will see both co2

crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 pm 

here are the pics, of co2s, cyber gun, crosman and daisy <my number 1

Attachments:
co23.jpg
co23.jpg [ 75.7 KiB | Viewed 495 times ]
co22.jpg
co22.jpg [ 64.42 KiB | Viewed 495 times ]
File comment: cyber gun, crosman and daisy
co21.jpg
co21.jpg [ 87.48 KiB | Viewed 495 times ]

crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:11 pm 

more pics

Attachments:
co27.jpg
co27.jpg [ 67.27 KiB | Viewed 494 times ]
co25.jpg
co25.jpg [ 59.6 KiB | Viewed 494 times ]
co24.jpg
co24.jpg [ 74.46 KiB | Viewed 494 times ]

crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:40 pm 

OK, I am new to all of this, so please bear with me here... but what am I looking at? The fact that the Crosmans are shaped differently? Less shiny? How is this a sign that they are of inferior quality though? Again, please forgive my newbie-ness.
Glen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:48 pm 

camperbc wrote:
OK, I am new to all of this, so please bear with me here... but what am I looking at? The fact that the Crosmans are shaped differently? Less shiny? How is this a sign that they are of inferior quality though? Again, please forgive my newbie-ness.
Glen

well their shine because they have been polished (not like a mirror finish) but better than crosman, but if u touch the neck with u fingers, u can feel the edge on the crosman neck, and some of them feel like they will scratch your seal. and cyber gun and daisy feel really smooth and very well made, im not an expert i been in airguns since a year ago i think, but its my opining and experience in this 3 brands and no way i will put a crosman co2 on my airguns

crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 pm 

The flaw in your argument is that I have never heard of a Crosman cart damaging a gun seal. Has one damaged yours? I would like to think that if the product was somehow flawed then Crosman would have fixed it. The cylinders may fit more tightly in certain guns, and personal preference will weigh heavy, but I am pretty sure they are fine. If other members have stories to share of damage caused by Crosman carts then tell us. I have two CO2 powered guns, one a pistol and one a rifle and have only used Crosman carts with no problems so far! Doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to try another brand though. I have heard that some are slightly smaller in overall dimension and that might affect fit in the gun. Again it comes down to personal preference, just like pellet sizes and shapes. But what the he'll do I know anyhow? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:23 pm 

REPOOC wrote:
The flaw in your argument is that I have never heard of a Crosman cart damaging a gun seal. Has one damaged yours? I would like to think that if the product was somehow flawed then Crosman would have fixed it. The cylinders may fit more tightly in certain guns, and personal preference will weigh heavy, but I am pretty sure they are fine. If other members have stories to share of damage caused by Crosman carts then tell us. I have two CO2 powered guns, one a pistol and one a rifle and have only used Crosman carts with no problems so far! Doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to try another brand though. I have heard that some are slightly smaller in overall dimension and that might affect fit in the gun. Again it comes down to personal preference, just like pellet sizes and shapes. But what the he'll do I know anyhow? :lol: :lol: :lol:

like i say in my last post, it just my opinion lol sorry not "opining" <i put that in my last post. any ways after using cyber gun co2 then crosman u will see a big difference in the neck area, and after using only one crosman (it was the best between 10) i decided not to put them in my guns,even if u look at the neck u will see lots of them the end of the neck is lil crooked to the side, maybe i got 9 defected crosman but yeah in my personal opinion they just garbage, 25 daisy co2 = 12.45, at walmart or ct 25 crosman co2 are around 20-24 dollars, yes i have to pay shipping that why i buy more than 25, and money that i spend will same like buying crosman in a store around here but quality won't be the same, and again this is personal opinion

crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:47 pm 

I will try the other brands to see if there is a noticeable difference. Doesn't hurt to try new brands especially if they are more affordable! 8)