Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:39 pm 

luluxiu wrote:
I am amazed at the amount of pitting on the parts? I guess the next step will be a lot of wet sanding. It looks good, but pitting is still visible ... I hate me...

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS :shock:

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:25 pm 

There was quite a lot of pitting on the barrel of the GSG92 I had.....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 pm 

I noticed that the sights are NOT molded into the slide, so they should be able to be replaced with real m1911 sights!!

The front is pinned/swaged into place ALA real gun, but I cant see just how the rear is held in yet, as I have not figured out how to remove the valve assembly from the rear of the slide.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:06 pm 

Arachnid wrote:
I noticed that the sights are NOT molded into the slide, so they should be able to be replaced with real m1911 sights!!

The front is pinned/swaged into place ALA real gun, but I cant see just how the rear is held in yet, as I have not figured out how to remove the valve assembly from the rear of the slide.

Talk to me about it :evil: the front one flew out during recoil and as been missing since :evil: it left two ugly holes where it was pinned.
You think regular 1911 parts could be fitted there?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:38 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Talk to me about it :evil: the front one flew out during recoil and as been missing since :evil: it left two ugly holes where it was pinned.
You think regular 1911 parts could be fitted there?

Im positive..these guns, the more i tear into it...are so identicle to the real thing....even the bloody triggers look swapable!!

The only thing you would have to do to installe a stock 1911 sight would be drill the hole out bigger, as all the stock real sights ive come across are 1 large pin not 2.

Still trying to figure out how to get that valve block out from the rear of the slide!! :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:51 am 

Got it figured out...and I feel like an idiot for not seeing the forest for the trees............what looks like athe end of a dummy firing pin, is actually an allen head screw!!(cant belive i didnt notice the hex pattern :shock: )

Its held in with a bit of loc tite(or glue) but will come loose with a lil twist. Once out, You CAREFULLY lift the whole assembly upward, but be sure the long side spring does not rocket out...cuz, it will :lol:

Once out You can see the rear sight is held in by 2 phillips screws.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:28 pm 

Stripped my one down tonight....started polishing the barrel.....not sure what im gonna do next though...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:28 am 

I had originally planned to strip and polish mine, then add some white or fake pearl grips to it. But Im too scared of wrecking it, so Im going to wait until I can find a used one for cheaper and try to do it with that one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:53 am 

MR_Q wrote:
I had originally planned to strip and polish mine, then add some white or fake pearl grips to it. But Im too scared of wrecking it, so Im going to wait until I can find a used one for cheaper and try to do it with that one.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.....dive in and give it a shot!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:27 pm 

hi, everyone, i'm back from china
Arachnid can you show the picture of your 1911 with the shinny barrel?
want to see it
thanks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:52 am 

modqb78 wrote:
hi, everyone, i'm back from china
Arachnid can you show the picture of your 1911 with the shinny barrel?
want to see it
thanks

I can do that...Wont be for a few hours, as I'm at work roght now...I think(if its not too bust today)i'm gonna strip the slide.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:11 am 

that is very cool, any idea on the power modding??
i'm more like to mod the power of mine.
if yours 1911 looks good, i might do that too
i'm think about making the hand grip my self

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:10 am 

modqb78 wrote:
that is very cool, any idea on the power modding??
i'm more like to mod the power of mine.
if yours 1911 looks good, i might do that too
i'm think about making the hand grip my self

I just stripped the slide.....inbetween shiney and satin...lots of poilishing by hand on the way....lookin good so far!! I may cut the ejection port down more, pointless as its not real..but, adds to the look :D

Pics to follow.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:40 pm 

Im really interested to see it stripped. I still may do it to mine, but I quite like the finish on it from the factory. Much better than the GSG. Plus if everyone starts to strip and polish theirs, it wont be unique for me to do it to mine :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:32 pm 

Not the best pics, but then again...im not feeling the greatest right now, so I snapped these quickly.

Stripped with 120 and 320 grit, and wire wools of coarse and 0000 grades. Polished with the wools and then finished off(for now)with a polished of 0000 wool with drops of turtlewax chrome polish. The last step removed a fair amount of the sanding scratches and has left it with a nice satin finish. I will probably go for a higher shine when im done modding the slide.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next