Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:37 pm 

Looks really nice, am I the only who lost the front sights?
Other then writing to cybergun to get a new anyone has an idea?? I would prefer not to end up with a plastic sight epoxied there...
Since the slide is already missing the front sight I might give polishing a try.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:13 pm 

Just found an exploded view of it on cybergun website
http://www.cybergun.com/media/358003__067413800_0951_09062011.pdf

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:28 pm 

any one knows how to give more fps to 1911, please post up here. thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 pm 

I too wonder about FPS on this gun. From what I read about this gun it talked about 'Hop Up'. I do not follow the Airsoft enthusiasts but it did sound a bit promising. What does 'Hop Up' mean for this 1911 A1? Would 'Hop Up' increase the FPS I wonder.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:37 pm 

Luftpistole wrote:
I too wonder about FPS on this gun. From what I read about this gun it talked about 'Hop Up'. I do not follow the Airsoft enthusiasts but it did sound a bit promising. What does 'Hop Up' mean for this 1911 A1? Would 'Hop Up' increase the FPS I wonder.

There's no hop-up/spin-up on it, despite the packaging saying so. That's strictly an airsoft thing.

Haven't pulled the valve assembly apart yet, seeing as I've only gotten the gun yesterday (yay for a 2 month backorder), but it does look promising for there to be a way to increase the FPS.

Edit: Just pulled it apart. The valve opening is insanely tiny. Can't figure out how to remove the valve stem from the valve assembly yet, but it's looking like a new valve stem, valve seal, and some slight drilling out of the valve face should yield some pretty good results. Once I can get it apart and measure it, might not even require a new valve stem or seal if there's enough room to open the air passage without hindering valve sealing. A fair amount of CO2 does get through, but it is pretty restricted.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:16 am 

good idea!! i got the gun 40 days ago, opened the valve, you just unscrew the big screw, i'm taking about the gas buttom on the magzine. push the pin down and turn the screw, then you can get the vavle out, i made the 4 holes bigger, you will know onve you open the valve, not sure about the fps

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:39 am 

Getting the valve out is the easy part, getting the valve apart is what I'm having trouble with. The four holes on the valve are big enough already, making those larger wont really do much. It's the tiny valve opening on the front that needs to be opened up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:14 pm 

??? are you sure about that? send picture about what you are talking about please,
thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:47 pm 

100% positive. The 4 large holes on the body of the valve are just the air outlets, the inlet is the small hole at the front. Larger outlet holes wont do much unless more air can get into the valve.

The first picture is the valve in the closed position.
Second is in the valve in the open position.
Third is the valve open and showing the small inlet hole.

The white piece and the silver knob on the end of the valve stem make-up the valve seal. There should be enough material there to play around with enlarging the hole without needing to make a new valve stem, but we wont know until someone figures out how to pull the valve apart. Turning the valve stem down on a lathe a little bit would help a bunch too. Not so much that it's at risk for breaking, but enough to make the air passage more efficient at letting air through.

When looking at the back of the magazine, the black pin on the valve is actually the rear of it. That's what gets hit by the hammer (well, firing pin of sorts gets hit by the hammer) and opens the front of the valve to allow air to travel through the magazine and into the barrel.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:33 pm 

you are right man, i tired to open the valve too, but i don't think you can open it!! if we made the hole bigger, the valve might not be able to seal the gas agian, that is what i'm worried about,

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:43 pm 

I'm not sure that allowing more co2 to pass is going to increase the fps on these guns much due to the barrel lengnth, but...I might suggest tapering the stem behind the seat a little before enlarging the opening, I may try this myself as I have a mag that my son dropped and it broke around the pin that holds the top into the mag, need a new one anyhow....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:53 pm 

There's a way to open it...just don't know how. It's got to go together somehow, so in theory it should come apart. I'll measure it once I can get it open, but even if there isn't enough room to just open the passage without messing up the seal and valve stem sizes, should be really cheap to have someone with a lathe just make a new one. I have a lathe so it'll be easy for me to figure it out. Should be no different then stuff I've done with paintball guns for the past 6 years.

Even with the short barrel, more CO2 through will cause a difference. Doesn't have to be much more, but the effect will be there, even without the ability to regulate the pressure going in. The valve stem is already tapered some behind the seal. Not sure how much more it could be turned down without it being too weak to function.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:22 pm 

More gas coming would also mean more gas for the blowback action wouldn't it? Wouldn't more recoil risk damaging something?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:26 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
More gas coming would also mean more gas for the blowback action wouldn't it? Wouldn't more recoil risk damaging something?

Indeed, a very good possibility......Same thing happens on the real ones if somebody uses too hat a load, the slides have been known to recoil right off the frame causing injury!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:24 pm 

DocGadget wrote:

Chances are good it would increase, but not to the point of causing a failure in the slide mechanism.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next