Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:31 pm 

karrektor wrote:
Hey,
That's a real shame , I'd hate to see all that hard work tarnish to black.

Still all is not lost. I have had some successful results when I electroplated my MEU parts.
Same zinc aloy as thr witness I'm presuming. So what I did was copper plate ,electroless nickel and then gold plate on the beavertail,slide release, trigger, slide safety and mag release.

Electroless nickel would be a great finish on the gsg has a nice semi bright finish.

I polished mine in September/October and it hasn't tarnished at all, it's keeping it's shine really well.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:47 am 

That's interesting, ill have to take mine to work and get it on the xray and find out what the metal is.

BTW I found a very detailed set of drawings online for the 1911 look up 1911 PDF I think it was redux PDF has detailed specs of parts worth a look.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:45 am 

karrektor wrote:
That's interesting, ill have to take mine to work and get it on the xray and find out what the metal is.

BTW I found a very detailed set of drawings online for the 1911 look up 1911 PDF I think it was redux PDF has detailed specs of parts worth a look.

I found this one on the cybergun website a while ago (I tried using it to get the part that flew off my pistol while shooting but BOTH Palco sports (the north american distributor) AND Cybergun were a-holes and never helped me but thanks to Mike at Replica Airguns it's now back in top shape and shooting great).

http://www.cybergun.com/media/358003__067413800_0951_09062011.pdf

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:29 am 

Hey ,
There's some great mods over at umarex boys club ,someone had done an ambi safey and changed the grip saftey. Realy worth a look at what can be done.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:16 pm 

the Best & ULTIMATE Tanfoglio Witness 1911 Full metal Co2 .177(4.5mm) website
is without a single doubt : HERE

8)

Just bought one myself , and Im looking to give it a more "vintage" WWII personal look
to it !!!

Aussi , ya t'il des propriètaire de cette réplique qui parle FRANCAIS avec qui je pourrais
m'entretenir au sujets de cette arme (au QUEBEC et la FRANCE) ?

I waiting for your update\news\Mods about this awesome 1911 Co2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:16 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
karrektor wrote:

I found this one on the cybergun website a while ago (I tried using it to get the part that flew off my pistol while shooting but BOTH Palco sports (the north american distributor) AND Cybergun were a-holes and never helped me but thanks to Mike at Replica Airguns it's now back in top shape and shooting great).

Aussi , ya t'il des propriètaire de cette réplique qui parle FRANCAIS avec qui je pourrais

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:31 pm 

Tanfoglio 1911 wrote:
DocGadget wrote:
karrektor wrote:

Bien sur, juste à aller dans la section française du forum, tu va avoir plein de francophones :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:45 pm 

Here is what you need to go with the 1911. I bought 3 of them, and matched my grips on the knife.
http://www.ultimate-equipment.com/
I am in no way promoting the business for my own gain, but just had a very good experience with this quality product. Pics of two of my knives to match my 1911s below. Someday, I will buy a Tanfoglio Witness 1911, and match up knife number 3.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:00 pm 

Here is link to shiny tangfolio

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfineforum.org/ftopic6125-0-asc-20.php

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:14 pm 

Sudeten wrote:

:shock: That's a fine looking pistol :drool: :prayer:
So far only the grips from the firearm fitted? From looking at a 1911 Brownell's catalog I tought pretty much everything seemed to fit.
I'm sadened by it :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:25 pm 

that link is wicked !!!! :supz:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:04 pm 

i have a problem my friend....
i have a tanfoglio witness 1911. i was disasembiling the gun and stripping the paint off to make it metalic metal. (by the way it looks amazing)
in the process of doing this, i think i lost a part that attached to the hammer and hits the co2 to release air. the firing pin (i think its called)

it is IN the slide housing. once u remove the small cover for the housing you see all the components
( in oder = first, the slide catcher/releaser... second, the hammer... third, the hammer lock... forth,*missing piece<firing pin?>*.... fifth, the housing cover)
when the hammer is released there is no firing pin that hits the valve on the clip.

PLEASE HELP ME, i dont know exactly what piece i am missing or if i assembled it incorectly and i have no idea what to do.
the gun works perfectly (slide, hammer, saftly, releases, trigger) everything is perfect,
but when i put co2 in the gun and load the bb's, no co2 is not being released

*****MORE PICTURES http://umarexboysclubforum.myfineforum. ... #80526****

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL.

sincerely, from Ottawa, Ontario.
,Altaier Deagle

Attachments:
File comment: close look at the parts inside
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 27.95 KiB | Viewed 1514 times ]
File comment: all pieces out of the houseing
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 28.27 KiB | Viewed 1514 times ]
File comment: houseing all closed
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 24.52 KiB | Viewed 1514 times ]

Last edited by Altaier Deagle on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:25 pm 

PLEASE HELP... i dont know if i'm missing a piece or i just assembeled it wrong.

some more pictures

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfineforum. ... .php#80526

Attachments:
13.jpg
13.jpg [ 22.99 KiB | Viewed 1511 times ]
22.jpg
22.jpg [ 27.62 KiB | Viewed 1511 times ]
18.jpg
18.jpg [ 25.36 KiB | Viewed 1511 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:11 am 

Altaier Deagle wrote:
PLEASE HELP... i dont know if i'm missing a piece or i just assembeled it wrong.

some more pictures

i m doing this to my tanfoglio too this week , i have a problem too , i have to figure how to reassemble it , beacause when i take it appart to sand it , i may reassemble it wrong after and the hammer wont stay in armed position ... i pull the slide back and release it , but the hammer stays like uncocked ...., i found that the tanfoglio is more complex than the GSG 92 to reassemble ...... so now i have a nice polished puzzle , do you plan to polish this babe ? you HAVE to :D !!!! with my wood grips its crazy cool looking :rolleyes:

by the way , nice job ....! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:28 pm 

Gunzlaw wrote:
i m doing this to my tanfoglio too this week , i have a problem too , i have to figure how to reassemble it , beacause when i take it appart to sand it , i may reassemble it wrong after and the hammer wont stay in armed position ... i pull the slide back and release it , but the hammer stays like uncocked ...., i found that the tanfoglio is more complex than the GSG 92 to reassemble ...... so now i have a nice polished puzzle , do you plan to polish this babe ? you HAVE to :D !!!! with my wood grips its crazy cool looking :rolleyes:

by the way , nice job ....! :D

I'll exchange my non-polished TW1911 in good working order for your polished puzzle :mrgreen: LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next