Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:14 am 

Demented wrote:
DocGadget wrote:
More gas coming would also mean more gas for the blowback action wouldn't it? Wouldn't more recoil risk damaging something?

Chances are good it would increase, but not to the point of causing a failure in the slide mechanism.

I'll let you try it first :wink: The pistol pretty much seems to be at the limit of breakage, I'm not sure how long it could work on a higher power output, remember these are based on airsoft and already have been "boosted" to keep the power up with heavier steel BB's.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:31 am 

DocGadget wrote:
I'll let you try it first :wink: The pistol pretty much seems to be at the limit of breakage, I'm not sure how long it could work on a higher power output, remember these are based on airsoft and already have been "boosted" to keep the power up with heavier steel BB's.

I'm confident it will be fine. If anything, heavier recoil springs will solve any issue, which can be had for $2-$6.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:44 pm 

Demented wrote:
DocGadget wrote:

I'm confident it will be fine. If anything, heavier recoil springs will solve any issue, which can be had for $2-$6.

If you can do it succesfully I can see a few mags going your way.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:03 pm 

as DocGadget said the 1911 is base on airsoft gun, so there are parts for airsoft guns, to increase fps, mabey the can work on the 1911's mag, there is a site for airsoft guns and parts, http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=7906
good luck finding the other parts, this one might work out

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:36 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
If you can do it succesfully I can see a few mags going your way.

:mrgreen:
There's always a way to get things to work how you want. I'm just waiting for my spare mag to come in to really have a go at pulling the valve apart. If anyone is into paintball much, it'll be similar to the effect of increasing the dwell on an electropneumatic gun, except it'll just be allowing more air through in the same amount of time the valve is open. Force of the air wont necessarily increase, but it'll be there for longer and stay more consistent throughout the cycle with more volume getting through.
I'll probably pull the rest apart later today to see if there's anything else that could be done before the valve is messed with. The hammer hitting the valve seems to have a decent force, but it's throw is pretty shallow so a heavier spring there might do some good to have the valve open for a fraction longer.

modqb78 wrote:
as DocGadget said the 1911 is base on airsoft gun, so there are parts for airsoft guns, to increase fps, mabey the can work on the 1911's mag, there is a site for airsoft guns and parts, http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=7906
good luck finding the other parts, this one might work out

That part wont actually help with FPS, but that is a really good source to keep on hand. That plastic piece on the top seems like it will break quite easily, especially if you're one who practices quick mag changes. The valve for that doesn't look to be a match.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:49 pm 

Went ahead and pulled the frame apart and saw nothing that could be modified there to help with FPS. Unfortunately I broke the pin off of the thumb safety, which was bound to happen anyway from use or going in and out of my holster. Manufacturing defect in it; nice air bubble in the material where the pin joins the switch. Good news about that, real 1911 safeties will fit, so I have a C&S tactical one (and SFS rail. yay for those) on it's way to me.

Even more good news about pulling it apart. Aside from the thumb safety, 1911 thumb safeties, hammers, triggers, main spring housings, plunger tubes, sears, sear springs, and slide stops will fit. It's almost scary how close to a real 1911 this thing is.

If for some reason anyone else breaks the pin off and needs something quick to get them buy or just don't want to buy a new safety, you can drill the safety out and thread it for an 8-32 screw. Cheaper than a $30+ safety anyway. Quick little job, only took me about a minute to do. Can actually look good if you take some time with it and maybe use a button head screw.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:07 pm 

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I was 99% sure it was practically a direct fit for real parts!! I will be raiding my brownells catalog :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:17 pm 

very nice job there!!!! i opened up the gun totaly about 60 days ago, and i found out most of the parts are airsoft gun parts, so i think if you guys take a good look and do some research on the site i give out, there are some parts that can help the hole gun to shoot better and maybe more upgrade for the pistol, a custom grip or put a mount on the gun...... there are many good stuff in that site, take a good look

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:25 am 

just thought about something, if the fps can be boosted by letting more air going though the valve, why mod the valve, not buy one the is moded to increase fps, just do a littel modding on the new valve, that way we might get more fps then mod the orignal valve
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=6807 there is a mod valve, to make it fight the mag, maybe need to do some sanding on the back,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:24 am 

modqb78 wrote:
just thought about something, if the fps can be boosted by letting more air going though the valve, why mod the valve, not buy one the is moded to increase fps, just do a littel modding on the new valve, that way we might get more fps then mod the orignal valve
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=6807 there is a mod valve, to make it fight the mag, maybe need to do some sanding on the back,

I sent an email to them asking for the thread size to know if it will fit. To me it looks like the threads are too small and it wont fit, but I'll wait for their reply.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:34 am 

Just tried to lay the material for my 1st set of custom grips....couldnt get the last 4 layers down before the resin started to go off :evil: :evil: :evil:

I measured everything out correctly and worked as fast as i could...so fkn angry right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:31 pm 

i think the valve should fit, there are other parts that can increase the fps too,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:48 pm 

modqb78 wrote:
i think the valve should fit, there are other parts that can increase the fps too,

I'm starting to think so too. Tempted to just order one now, but I'll hold off. If anyone can find the thread size for those valves, if it's 3/8"-24 UNP threading, it'll fit in our mags. As far as other parts, like what? I haven't found anything anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:04 pm 

for airsoft guns, getting this can increse fps, http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=7906, if you open the top of the mag you should know what this is, and http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=7634 this things i heard it and make the blowback better and the slide lighter so the blowback and have more power and faster http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=2274 this valve looks like it can fit our mag, i will find out very soon, this piece is a upgrade for a airsoft pistol(1911) 6mm not ours, but i have the airsoft pistol(1911) so i will see if the valve from my airsoft can fit in our mag
let you guys know when i find out

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 pm 

look what i found!!! http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=1671
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=2180 this one is a trigger that you can mod it your self!!
very cool
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=1244 this one will make 1911 able to work just like the summer!!! this is in the silde , so can be hard to put in, there are sooooooo many good things in this site!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next