Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:40 pm 

I am looking to purchase a Crossman 2240 and some accessories .

I live in Delta BC ( just out side Vancouver ) and I can't seem to find any store that carries a good selection of airgun products .

I visited , Wholesale Outdoors in Langely , 3 different Wallmarts and 2 Canadian Tire stores and all they had were some Daisy Riffels .

So I was wondering if any people on here from the lowermainland of BC know of any decent shops that carry more products .

I am thinking of just ordering the Crossman 2240 from DLairguns or Scopesandammo ... But $ 30 for shipping is a bit steep I think .

Wholesale Outdoors in langley has the crossman 2240 listed for $64.99 , but they are out of stock :(

Thanks for the help and great site !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:01 pm 

Pretty sure D&L are in Langley and if you phone them they will allow you to pick up parts and guns....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:57 pm 

I asked DL and they said that they are a online only store :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:12 am 

Not sure what you're driving, but google map has you 40 minutes from Langley. Can you drive there and back for $30???

I've dealt with Kelly (D&L) on several occasions and have always found her accommodating ... if it was at all possible. Would advise you to request a DHL quote from her...they might surprise you. :)

Al

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 am 

No way on earth D&L is going to charge you $30 shipping on a 2240. I live a few miles away from them and have ordered from them may times. I have always been charged the actual postage rate. Go through the online ordering process. You will get an email telling you what the itemized cost is with shipping. If you feel the shipping is unreasonable, don't confirm the order.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Parents spend the first part of a child's life teaching him to walk and talk, and the rest of his childhood trying to get him to sit down and shut up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:38 am 

I didn't think they would charge me $30 . But the listed cost of the 2240 is about $30 more than the other canadian site . So I am into paying about 90 for the 2240 either way . It doesn't really matter to me who I buy it from , it matters who can get it to me the quickest . know what I mean ..

Hopefully D&L will allow me to go pick it up .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:46 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Shipping of single items (like a 2240) always creates a shipping 'issue'- but adding small parts on top of it rarely affects the shipping rates much- there is a "base" rate and then only weight will increase costs slightly (assuming the same size box is used for the gun alone, or the gun with other items). My point is that if you need a gun and accessories- the shipping spreads out alot better and it may make more sense to then have something shipped.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:02 am 

I totally understand that . I am not trying to be negative to any web sites , I just want what will be quicker to me . I am still waiting on a shipping quote from d&l ...

I do plan on ordering accessories as well so maybe I should just go that route and save me a trip in that horrid Langley traffic .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:51 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

Though one of the more expensive sellers is Crappy Tire. The store on 102 and King George has a pretty good selection. Fairly sure that they had a 2240 in stock when I was there on Sun. The Langley store on 200th has the largest selection of AG's that I have seen in a CT store here in the LML. Army & Navy in New West has a good selection of Ag's as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 pm 

How's the pellet selection at the New Westminster A&N store? I just went to the Hastings store yesterday and yet again they weren't stocked with Basics... and this time I brought an empty tin with me and asked the manager if they were getting any more in, as the $10.99 plus HST on Meisterkugelns is a bit much. He said he didn't expect to be getting any more. Seems they're slowly phasing out pellets. I'd much rather shoot Basics at $7.99 per tin, as so far they seem to deliver identical scores for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:29 pm 

Specialty Shooting Sports sells the 2240 for 57 bucks and is located in BC. I order from them all the time and most times it takes 2 days for my order to arrive. I'd guesstimate it would cost $10-$12 shipping.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:49 pm 

Well I have searched around and can't find a crossman 2240 locally in stock .

Checked out that CT on kg hwy/102nd ave and they didn't have one .

D&L will not let me pick up my order from them , and shipping brings the total cost to $109 . For a gun that sells for about $65 at wholesale outdoors in langley ( but there out of stock and don't expect any more )

scopesandammo looks to be my best bet with the total coming to $90 .

while iam ordering , which pellets do you guys recommend for this model of airgun ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:08 pm 

ok ... just purchased a Crossman 2240 , RWS Super H-point pellets and a 5 pack of Crossman CO2's .

$14 for shipping ! from Specialty Shooting Sports in BC.

sucks that I could not find one locally , but I have spent more on gas in the last 2 days just driving around looking for one .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:27 pm 

Since I finally got around to travelling out to New West's A&N I'll answer my own question. They had a fair selection of pellets, including both weights of Meisterkugelns (7gr & 8.2gr) and the Basics I was told downtown would not be stocked any more. All priced at $10.99! So I got the guy to check at the till, and the scanned price for the Basic was $6.49. Um, yeah. And he told me "they've always been $10.99." Nice. So I bought 10 tins. Would have been 11 but he dropped the first one he picked up. Lead skirts flatten with a 1 foot drop in the tin, at least with 7gr pellets. They had lots of pointed pellets too, and quite a selection in 0.22".

As for pistols and rifles, they had a few. The plastic CO2 gangsta type of thing. A few rifles as well... didn't look closely, but they looked like basic sporting things.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:56 am 

good to know . good price on those pellets .