Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Prince George FT?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:46 pm 

My developing interest in FT is beginning to bear some fruit.

There are is an indoor target pistol division at the Prince George Rod and Gun, and airguns would be welcome at the same time. Apparently some guys have occasionally brought down air pistols to shoot. (Prince George doesn't have much interest in air gun shooting - this is macho big game country. Even us rabbit shooters are looked upon as being somewhat eccentric)

There is a real possibility that an outdoor FT could be established there as well, using the outdoor Muzzleloader Range, which is a trail type of circuit entirely suitable for 3D archery circuits and Airgun FT.

CAF forum member Daryl is director of the Muzzleloading division, and I'll be planning things with him tomorrow over a pot of coffee and some cinnamon buns.

I might be the only participant in the beginning stages, but at least I might finally win some kind of shooting competition. :mrgreen: Unless Daryl joins, of course. :oops:

From humble beginnings . . . . . .

Post subject: Re: Prince George FT?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:50 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

That's Great news and Good Luck! ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:51 pm 

A couple quotes to encourage you along, Gord......

"The greatest of journeys begins with a first step."

"If you build it, they will come"...... (in this case, implying other shooters with an interest in FT)

Wish you the best in getting another west coast FT club started. :supz:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:20 pm 

Hey Moltogordo,
I think a trail-type course that is suitable for muzzle-loaders is entirely suitable for FT. You STILL don't need a P.A.L. to hit Le Barons & buy a single-shot flintlock as far as I know. :lol: That might encourage some of the DIE-HARD-POWDERBURNERS in your area to investigate the VALUE of using FT to learn more about their scopes, powers, and trajectories, which I have personally found totally beneficial in my overall shooting game for myself so far. I really think that it is a GREAT way to continue practice with both hunting skills and accuracy skill during the Off-Season. Isn't that the reason it's so long-lived in the "Old-World" & just beginning here: despite our evident Legal setbacks ? - Me, I think so.
Anyway ....
.... Bonne Chance, & Best O' Luck 'Gordo. :supz:
-PK