Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:35 pm 

Looks like it might happen! I'll have to rejoin the PG Rod and Gun (I let my membership lapse for 2 years out of sheer sloth), and then make a proposal at the November meeting. All things look positive, and those who I have talked to see no roadblocks, especially as the club has obtained about a half section of land outside of town, and will even have 1000 yard targets. A few even expressed interest.

The November meeting will give me plenty of time to get my act together, and go in actually knowing what I'm talking about.

I've been studying the available videos, posts, and YouTube stuff, and I really think that between this, indoor target in the winter, and a bit of grouse/rabbit stuff, I've found my airgun niche. I'm also really excited in that FT is so versatile, and can fit into many different formats.

I'll keep you informed, and I'll hopefully pick a few brains here over the next while, too. Thanks to those I've PM'd and have given me the advice and encouragement I need! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:27 pm 

I wish you the best of luck. It took us about 12 months to finally get F/T going here and it is really worth it! The guys you meet are great, spending time with like minded people is awesome, actually getting to see and handle some of those airguns you've always read about is the best, as well as going out and shooting a few targets together. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:00 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Good Luck to you!... 8)
The lucky folks that find their way to an FT match will very much appreciate your efforts...

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:43 am 

Atta' boy, Gord !!!
You will have a great time once you get that first match under your belt, and begin planning the next, and the one after that, and....... :D .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:14 am 

Buy yourself a few Gamo squirrels and have at it!
Don't underestimate the draw knocking down field targets will have to new shooters.
Shooting paper or pop cans is one thing, but for many people the first time they make a Field Target drop they "get" it.
Even after a few seasons of shooting FT myself, making a target drop at 50 yards or making a target with a 1/4" killzone drop just puts a smile on my face.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:30 pm 

Thanks so much, guys! I'll keep you informed but, in starting up the new season (I teach piano/violin and conduct a regional orchestra) I'll have to put things on hold for a couple of weeks.

Calm evening study, becoming an armchair expert! And then, not only squirrel targets, but you guys know that, after finding my Talon not the best thing for FT, I'll have to save up for at least one new gun. :twisted: :twisted: That TX200 looks so perfect . . . . and I do have this taste for springers!

Started a new bank account just for that purpose! :mrgreen:

(As a PS, I'm finding that so many more comments made by the FT guys (ie on pellet selection, trajectory, equipmet, etc) make more sense now that I understand the discipline a little better. There is, as I've mentioned before, a lot less crossover between disciplines and especially centerfire, than I would have thought. Gotta confess that FT outdoors and pistol target indoors are both really exciting me right now. But I'm left wondering if I gravitated to those because they're the most expensive??????? It wouldn't be the first time! :lol: )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:43 pm 

Start another account for the scope, it's gonna cost you as much/more than the rifle :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:54 pm 

Lookin' forward to it! There are advantages to being single!