Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:05 pm 

Did post on it before.

Could not sight it in at all. was constantly shooting high and to one side. Noticed that the barrel was actually bent. The sights obviously did not line up. The shiny chrome bits are just plastic.

Trigger blade actually fell off. The rubberized finish mar's very easily. Also, some sort of tape had been on a section of the stock and the glue left a visible stain.

Chrony numbers in .22 where less than stellar. some where around the 700's. I had a whole slough of close up pics that I took of the blemishes and imperfections on the gun but have since deleted them.

Shot cycle was harsh considering the fps. A friend of mine who's grand father makes barrels, examined it and said it was a micro bore rifling.

It did feel good to hold. Very thin, which I didn't mind. Average in weight and balance. I guess I expected too much from a sub $300 gun. Pictures sure are pretty aren't they.

Perhaps I had a bad one. Guys every where complained about the XL1100. I got a really good one.

All that to say, HW's are not the prettiest guns, but they sure work. Some times pretty, is just pretty.

I will not buy an air gun anymore until I have done extensive research and have gotten over the "impulse" buy feelings.

Another thing I noticed, sweaty palm on the rubber pistol grip.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:41 pm 

Thank, s for the reminder, I remember that post now. That, s when I stopped drooling over the retay,s. Also when I read about their lack of interest regarding waranties and exorbitant shipping rates for part, s. I think Hillary need, s to do more than talk about their waranty and service. NBO airguns should be a designated waranty depot for Canada or someone in "this" country at least.