Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:14 pm 

Pumpmaster wrote:
rvd wrote:
do you even really shoot? like water is going to damage the rifle.. :roll:
Do you even have a sense of humour? Or are you just out to bully everyone all the time?

I don't bully anyone.. I tell it like it is. Rain is not going to ruin your rifle.. Take it out and shoot it, have fun with it and don't worry about the rain.. Water will not damage it, it's not like you're going to be fully submerging it under water.. When you're done shooting wipe it down with a oiled cloth.. Once you do it and see that it will survive the rain, you won't worry so much next time..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm 

rvd wrote:
why is that pistol called "snoopy" ? and Voltar is right, your brake is backwards!

Its not backwards at all, its on there just as I intended it to be :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:31 pm 

rvd wrote:
Rain is not going to ruin your rifle.. Take it out and shoot it, have fun with it and don't worry about the rain.. Water will not damage it, it's not like you're going to be fully submerging it under water.. When you're done shooting wipe it down with a oiled cloth.. Once you do it and see that it will survive the rain, you won't worry so much next time..

Actually, rain can melt your airgun......
:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though - I have shot in the pouring rain - something that I swore I would never do - at the Canadian FT Nationals a couple years or so back.
After day 1, I had to remove the action from the stock, and not only was it wet inside the stock inletting, there was water on the mainspring, and throughout the trigger mechanism. (FWB 300S) A blow dryer was used to dry things out, and then an application of oil to the appropriate points in preparation for day 2. After day 2, the gun was completely disassembled, cleaned, and all fresh lubes applied to avoid any problems.

There is simply no way that I will subject a gun worth several times the value of that 30 year old FWB to that, especially when I do have other options.
I guess it's just the "collector" mentality at work.... :) .

Last edited by Suprmatic on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:33 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
rvd wrote:
why is that pistol called "snoopy" ? and Voltar is right, your brake is backwards!

Its not backwards at all, its on there just as I intended it to be :)

And it works like gangbusters !!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:12 pm 

Ah just to ask a dumb question but I couldn't find the date. When is the fudd? If I can make it I'll be shootin my 850 with bush 6500 on top.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:36 pm 

Suprmatic wrote:
rvd wrote:
Rain is not going to ruin your rifle.. Take it out and shoot it, have fun with it and don't worry about the rain.. Water will not damage it, it's not like you're going to be fully submerging it under water.. When you're done shooting wipe it down with a oiled cloth.. Once you do it and see that it will survive the rain, you won't worry so much next time..

Actually, rain can melt your airgun......
:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though - I have shot in the pouring rain - something that I swore I would never do - at the Canadian FT Nationals a couple years or so back.
After day 1, I had to remove the action from the stock, and not only was it wet inside the stock inletting, there was water on the mainspring, and throughout the trigger mechanism. (FWB 300S) A blow dryer was used to dry things out, and then an application of oil to the appropriate points in preparation for day 2. After day 2, the gun was completely disassembled, cleaned, and all fresh lubes applied to avoid any problems.

There is simply no way that I will subject a gun worth several times the value of that 30 year old FWB to that, especially when I do have other options.
I guess it's just the "collector" mentality at work.... :) .

I should have known I was going to get a response from you Len LOL Does FWB print a warning on their rifles since they can't be used in any weather but fair weather? "Caution - This airgun is for use in fair weather only"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:26 pm 

It started out as a good thread, until it got rained on.

Neil, the Fudd is always on the first Saturday of November, the 5th this year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:24 pm 

rvd wrote:
Does FWB print a warning on their rifles since they can't be used in any weather but fair weather? "Caution - This airgun is for use in fair weather only"

Nope.
I can only speculate that the reason that FWB did not do so is that they credit their clientele with having the good sense to come in out of the rain...... :lol: :lol: :lol: .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:27 pm 

Mac wrote:

Sorry. :oops:
'Twas my "foul weather" comment that got that started.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:28 am 

Suprmatic wrote:
Mac wrote:

Sorry. :oops:
'Twas my "foul weather" comment that got that started.

It shouldn't be...If someone doesn't want to shoot their gun in the rain that is there choice/business, and if rvd wants to shoot his FWB in the rain, all the power to him :lol:

As I always say "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:49 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
As I always say "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" :wink:

You are wise beyond your years. :wink: :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:24 pm 

OK now lets get back to the reason this post was started.I'll be debuting the new BT65 in her beautiful camo with as simple Hawke 4x12x40 AO scope.Also it does come with a lovely raised orange letter strap.There may be a second there in simple black.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:32 pm 

So that is six so far. I hope more will chime in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:31 am 

when is this Fudd match? is it on a sat or sunday? If I'm not racing that day I might come shoot it with a buddy.. I assume the 20 ft/lb rule is still in?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:49 am 

rvd wrote:
when is this Fudd match? is it on a sat or sunday? If I'm not racing that day I might come shoot it with a buddy.. I assume the 20 ft/lb rule is still in?

Saturday, Nov 5th.
Yes - 20 FPE maximum applies.
C'mon out and have some fun ! :D